Home
MLB 10 News Post

The Playstation.Blog has posted another MLB '10: The Show blog. This one features real time presentation mode.

Quote:
"In a continued effort to blur the lines between a video game and a televised broadcast, MLB 10: The Show is proud to introduce the brand new presentation mode: Real Time. Available with replays or without, Real Time is a new presentation mode designed to further enhance the realism our baseball simulation offers you, the baseball fan.

Hoping to have you question whether you’re playing MLB 10: The Show or watching a live baseball game on TV, we’ve captured hundreds of new animations and have done extensive work with both our AI and our cameras. From the pitcher toeing the rubber until the next batter walks up to the dish, you’ll experience continuity with the seamless animations and positional intelligence of each player on and off the field. All new camera angles and cut-timing capture the player’s new movements and further enhance the presentation mode by mimicking the camera work seen on televised MLB broadcasts. Post-play has never looked this real."

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Knight165 @ 02/10/10 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Rubber
So I guess RTP without replays is essentially the same as "turn off Dave and Rex and just let Matt do all the talking"? I jest.
I know that would make it the favorite mode of some!
Who knows...you guys may get your wish one day.

M.K.
Knight165

# 62 green94 @ 02/10/10 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Stole this from someone else....but I love this shot!

M.K.
Knight165
When I saw this I was actually blown away... do catchers actually come out on deck like that?

# 63 Ghoste @ 02/10/10 10:21 PM
Will anyone leave Replays off? Am I missing something because that would be silly to have Replays off right? Nice vid BTW.

-ghoste

# 64 BDKiiing @ 02/10/10 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
No, that window is for you to see what the RTP looks like in game, and bigger screen is a fixed camera just to show that it is all happening in real time.

What you see on the little window, is what you will see in game. Just full screen obviously.

I thought the blog was clear on saying that.
i now notice i read over it too fast, and was quick to post. thanks for the answers though. and as for the Mauer pic with the shin guards...is that on deck or just warming up before the game? because if its on deck shouldnt he have a helmet? maybe he does but seems like he doesnt cause he is a lefty

# 65 PhillsPhan26 @ 02/10/10 10:31 PM
i play with replays on but I do turn off commentary, its just something I do not like.

# 66 CubFan23 @ 02/10/10 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by templeusox
I'm so sick of the Twins.
Now you know how the rest of us feel about the Red Sox

# 67 jeffmanqb3 @ 02/10/10 10:37 PM
Did anybody else see the hands shaking above the Target Field sign while Mauer was running the bases after the home run?

# 68 Skyboxer @ 02/10/10 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmanqb3
Did anybody else see the hands shaking above the Target Field sign while Mauer was running the bases after the home run?
Yeah..it was mentioned on page 2...

# 69 adh5199 @ 02/10/10 10:44 PM
I see the rangers have red helmets at home.. I hope that they don't wear them with blue jersey's. Does anyone who went to CES just happen to know if the rangers have blue helmets at all?

# 70 green94 @ 02/10/10 10:47 PM
Couple of quick hitters:

Night game lighting looks improved, colors seem to POP more.

Rangers fans, it appears you got your LCD board in LF based on 1:28 mark of the vid

The throw by David Wright at the end of the video looks awkward.

# 71 Imac Convert @ 02/10/10 10:56 PM
Oh man. Theses games are going to take forever to play since I will watch every replay and sit through every RTP.

# 72 Russell_SCEA @ 02/10/10 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsHOF
How does the Real Time Presentation work with the gameplay? Every video I have seen has the camera angle over the pitcher's shoulder. I think it would be very difficult to hit and pitch this way. I really think it looks great, but I am worried how it will affect gameplay.

It only kicks in after/before the play when you are pitching its what ever pitching view you selected. Same with batting and fielding don't get the RTP mixed up with gameplay it has nothing to do with game play and everything to do with presentation.

# 73 JT30 @ 02/10/10 11:04 PM
Everything looks good, but why at around 1:20, when the 3rd out is recorded, the Twins are throwing the ball around the infield?

# 74 JermaineDye05 @ 02/10/10 11:06 PM
YES! No sleeves during a night game!!

# 75 The Bimmer @ 02/10/10 11:10 PM
That is simply mind- boggling how realistic that looks.

# 76 MelMan1486 @ 02/10/10 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommunityCollege
thanks Clayton and Gill

this is like Christmas in February.
In all honesty getting The Show will be better than anything I got on Christmas lol.

# 77 CommunityCollege @ 02/10/10 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Stole this from someone else....but I love this shot!

M.K.
Knight165
this looks like a shot from the pre-game.

# 78 decga @ 02/10/10 11:30 PM
TOOOOO! SWEEET!

# 79 silver540i @ 02/10/10 11:34 PM
Not trying to take anything away from the real-time camera system, but anyone else besides me think that the production camera would be a great option? I would love to be able to look anywhere on the field during any part of the action.

I would like a nice over view of the field so I can see the full HR trot, or watch the ump clapping his hands, etc. It would have to be some kind of lower blimp, or upper level seating cam, but I think it could be possible.

Hey Knight, did you have a reply that said its possible to have the high view with the Real Time occuring?

# 80 Knight165 @ 02/10/10 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver540i
Not trying to take anything away from the real-time camera system, but anyone else besides me think that the production camera would be a great option? I would love to be able to look anywhere on the field during any part of the action.

I would like a nice over view of the field so I can see the full HR trot, or watch the ump clapping his hands, etc. It would have to be some kind of lower blimp, or upper level seating cam, but I think it could be possible.

Hey Knight, did you have a reply that said its possible to have the high view with the Real Time occuring?
Yes...you can have any fielding view with RTP.

M.K.
Knight165

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.