Home
MLB 10 News Post

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Yanks22 @ 02/13/10 03:23 AM
one word, amazing. ugh can't wait to have this game. can. not. wait.

# 2 Mr_Sh3llzZ @ 02/13/10 03:32 AM
I like the Third to First move It looks almost identical to real life lol

# 3 Hitman3315 @ 02/13/10 03:40 AM
27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="545" height="349" id="viddler_13162fcd">

I thought this was a great addition when reading about it, but after seeing this video... Wow. Amazing stuff.

# 4 VideoTyrant @ 02/13/10 04:14 AM
Yea should be a fun feature to play around with, I wish they would have added balks with this feature would be cool if you got too greedy with the deception moves that you could get hit with a balk hammer on rare occasions, maybe even institute how long you hold it as in holding it too long and actually beginning the pitch motion would lead to a balk, or just on random rare occurrences either way I think would be cool and something to consider in next years game.

# 5 Goose26 @ 02/13/10 04:16 AM
Amazing video!

But, I think it needs to be pointed out that right away, at 12 seconds into the video, the pitcher balks! I mean come on, can't the developers get it right?! Clearly his foot does not come straight down and goes a tad towards home plate. This is probably going to be a game breaker for me.

/sarcasm (just wanted to get that out of the way before somebody had a "real" complaint about it.)

Every video that's posted amazes me more than the one before it. My wife thinks I'm silly for wanting to spend a few dollars to pick up an old copy of '09 this close to the release date, but it gets harder to wait for this one every time I see this game in action.

I gotta get me some baseball!!

# 6 ThaShark28_316 @ 02/13/10 04:35 AM
That damn music gets me wanting to play every time.

(from 1:30 to 1:37)

# 7 badmrfrosty7 @ 02/13/10 05:25 AM
Cool vid. Glad to see it looks like they'll really start pouring in these things as the date gets closer.

And while I love the fact they're so detailed they have a 1st to 3rd pickoff move, I really hope the MLB starts considering that a balk someday. Should easily be considered as deceiving the runner. And I'm sick of hearing commentators whine about it when they see it happen too.

# 8 NAFBUC @ 02/13/10 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Sh3llzZ
thanks for the link Mr S.

The fake to third and throw to first looks great along with the pickoff attempts to second base.

Yankee stadium looks awesome.

# 9 Mean Mr Mustard @ 02/13/10 06:08 AM
That looks pretty sweet, hopefully I'll be able to get a few more pickoffs than the 1 I've had in the last year of playing '09.

Not sure the CPU needs any more help with me at the controls though - I'm a sucker for setting off on the pitcher's first move.

# 10 stiflr @ 02/13/10 06:10 AM
Finally some Cliff Lee at Safeco! Loving the 3rd to 1st!

# 11 marbury @ 02/13/10 07:56 AM
The new Pickoff system is really really great...but finally i have seen it Ichiro still has no base runner gloves

# 12 MelMan1486 @ 02/13/10 08:09 AM
Looks great... it's going to make it more challenging to steal in RTTS now.

# 13 Shaffer26 @ 02/13/10 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflr
Finally some Cliff Lee at Safeco! Loving the 3rd to 1st!
The clips of Cliff Lee at Safeco were amazing!

# 14 CarryTheWeight @ 02/13/10 09:43 AM
I wasn't that excited about this feature but after seeing this I'm sold on it. Great stuff, as I always have difficulty picking off runners in RTTS. Hopefully the new moves will increase the chances of a successful pickoff.

If the probability of throwing a runner out differs based on the throw you select, I think it'll add a new level of strategy. Knowing you may have to rely on the new throws to confuse the Crawfords of the world instead of the standard '08 and '09 pickoff is exciting. Hopefully the AI also reacts differently to a "fake" throw than to a normal pickoff, as I would hate to see Prince Fielder turn into the second coming of Rickey Henderson on a first-to-third move.

Looking forward to it!

# 15 MelMan1486 @ 02/13/10 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark28_316
That damn music gets me wanting to play every time.

(from 1:30 to 1:37)
Same here... might sound kind of geeky but I actaully have that on my phone as a ringtone lol (although I've had to take if off until MLB 10 comes out because everytime it goes off I get that "urge")

# 16 dragan24 @ 02/13/10 09:51 AM
I am very excited to pick up MLB 10 and this feature will add much needed depth to the pitcher vs base runner battle. I am, however, a little dissapointed to see that during the pick off (towards the end of the video) the runner slid through the shortstop. Nonetheless, this looks to be a great game and I am really looking forward to it.

# 17 gubunko @ 02/13/10 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose26
Amazing video!

But, I think it needs to be pointed out that right away, at 12 seconds into the video, the pitcher balks! I mean come on, can't the developers get it right?! Clearly his foot does not come straight down and goes a tad towards home plate.
I just saw the video and you're right! Although, if that's Pettitte like I think it is, he's been getting away with that for years.

# 18 Doormat @ 02/13/10 10:43 AM
LOVE IT

# 19 BravesBoy @ 02/13/10 10:45 AM
Great video, love the fake to 3rd back to frst pick off...man i cant wait!!!

# 20 nmycon @ 02/13/10 10:54 AM
wow it looks like shoe colours can be edited now!

a bit off topic i know, but I saw Jeter in the vid and for some reason i just thought he looked different, in a good way! then i realized he was wearing his high top all-black shoes, you can clearly see white on the first baseman's shoes!

this is awesome, we can actually assign individual shoe styles to players now!

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.