Home
MLB 10 News Post

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Perfect Zero @ 02/13/10 11:00 AM
I hope this means we'll see a few more balks. We could always use more balks.

# 22 Senor_Herbatron @ 02/13/10 11:14 AM
Uh oh. Someone leaked next week's blog.

# 23 countryboy @ 02/13/10 11:16 AM
easily my favorite new addition to this year's game. They captured the pitcher/batter duels and now they have captured the pitcher/runner...cat and mouse play.

# 24 rock85 @ 02/13/10 11:24 AM
How cool is this giong to be WOW I cant wait great job

# 25 Mr_Sh3llzZ @ 02/13/10 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by houtz
Uh oh. Someone leaked next week's blog.
It wasn't me lol.. I was just watching the video of MAG and notice it when the video ended I saw it scroll by. I was like haven't seen that MLB 10 video yet.

# 26 thdudeabides @ 02/13/10 11:37 AM
Nicely done!

Also, although I've seen theses blogs and videos for a week or two now I am still surprised each time I see them how good the game looks from a graphics standpoint.

# 27 bp4baseball @ 02/13/10 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmycon
wow it looks like shoe colours can be edited now!

a bit off topic i know, but I saw Jeter in the vid and for some reason i just thought he looked different, in a good way! then i realized he was wearing his high top all-black shoes, you can clearly see white on the first baseman's shoes!

this is awesome, we can actually assign individual shoe styles to players now!
Yeah, in the community hands on stickied thread, one of the CD guys talks about all the editing features.... like 20 to 30 different colors for all sorts of things. I think the cleat itself is divided into multiple parts to edit

Anyway, that 3rd to 1st pick was really nive to watch, and well done by SCEA

# 28 Jeffery 09 @ 02/13/10 12:09 PM
- #1, Pettite didn't balk, left handers have a 45 degree rule when throwing to first, he did it exactly as they do in real life

- #2, Did anyone notice that Upton or Crawford (not sure which one, sorry Rays fans) had only one sleeve? I don't remember anything like that from 09.

# 29 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/13/10 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffery 09
- #1, Pettite didn't balk, left handers have a 45 degree rule when throwing to first, he did it exactly as they do in real life

- #2, Did anyone notice that Upton or Crawford (not sure which one, sorry Rays fans) had only one sleeve? I don't remember anything like that from 09.
Ellsbury had one sleeve in 08/09.

# 30 Knight165 @ 02/13/10 12:20 PM
You could have one long...one 3/4 last year also. The sleeves are separated in the editor.

Cleats.....I mentioned they can now be edited....in sections...I believe it's five and at the CD....all the colors for bats and gloves were also available for shoes. Unless that has changed....it was over 20 different ones, I'm sure.

On the pickoffs.
I noted this before...but it's worth mentioning. In speaking with Brian about pickoffs and the pitchers ability....there is a "hidden attribute"(I'm using quotes...because it's not that they wanted to hide it and it's also not an attribute in the sense of other attributes with players) for a pitchers pickoff ability. Basically....it's 1 and 2. 1 being an average pickoff ability for a pitcher. The circumstances would of course dictate what happens.....and 2 is an advanced ability of pickoff(ala Pettite). So it's not that every pitcher is the same in this regards. Brian said he would like to expand the differences, so I'd like to see what he comes up with in the future!

M.K.
Knight165

# 31 Jeffery 09 @ 02/13/10 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Ellsbury had one sleeve in 08/09.
oh lol, that why I didn't say said "it doesn't exist" in 09 lol wasn't exactly sure. I guess I just didn't delve into the customization very far in 09, I just bought a ps3 last April for this game so I havent played 08, thanks for the correction

# 32 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/13/10 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffery 09
oh lol, that why I didn't say said "it doesn't exist" in 09 lol wasn't exactly sure. I guess I just didn't delve into the customization very far in 09, I just bought a ps3 last April for this game so I havent played 08, thanks for the correction

No problem, the player editing is going to be so deep this year (it was already), but the color options make it a whole new game.

# 33 onelastbreathnj @ 02/13/10 01:05 PM
It's Crawford, and I think he did have the one sleeve last year.

# 34 Blzer @ 02/13/10 01:06 PM
Based on taking a screengrab off the trailer, I took the liberty of allowing you guys to see a nice picture comparison between MLB 09: The Show and MLB 10: The Show.

# 35 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/13/10 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Based on taking a screengrab off the trailer, I took the liberty of allowing you guys to see a nice picture comparison between MLB 09: The Show and MLB 10: The Show.

Wow, major difference!

The jumbo-tron images of the hitter at bat, are much improved as well.

# 36 Reaman @ 02/13/10 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Sh3llzZ
Thank you Mr_Sh3llzZ!

# 37 nemesis04 @ 02/13/10 01:12 PM
You can see quite a few upgrades/changes. Very nice!

# 38 BravesBoy @ 02/13/10 01:14 PM
seems to be more of a darker lighting, looks more toned down, but in a good way..looks great

# 39 Pared @ 02/13/10 01:19 PM
The deceptive move WITH the pitching meter coming up? A product of the focus test.

# 40 Blzer @ 02/13/10 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesBoy
seems to be more of a darker lighting, looks more toned down, but in a good way..looks great
Note that the screengrabs were off two different sources, color calibration is different, etc. Basically, what I saw when playing the game on my TV doesn't look exactly like the grab I put up for upload here. Things will look different on your own TV, and hopefully for the better!

But yes, there was obviously a lot of color correcting done and it looks nice!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.