Home
Backbreaker News Post

Gamespot has posted video developer diary #2 from Backbreaker. This one covering Euphoria.

Quote:
"The developers go in-depth into their Eurphoria engine to show off the amazing things it does in Backbreaker."

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 41 boooey @ 02/19/10 11:52 PM
If i could pick out 1 thing that kind of bothers me is that every player looks the same.
It looks kind of weird when the QB looks huge like everyone else.

I hope there are different body types in the game.

# 42 jyoung @ 02/19/10 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Yeah, I couldn't give a rats *** about sideline interaction, uniforms, shoe colors at this stage. This game will never grow boring, because no single play will be the same.
+1

Don't need the fluff modes, just give me a game that plays like football and I'm set.

# 43 mgoblue678 @ 02/20/10 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
If i could pick out 1 thing that kind of bothers me is that every player looks the same.
It looks kind of weird when the QB looks huge like everyone else.

I hope their are different body types in the game.
I was thinking the same thing, so I went to the Backbreaker forum site and did a search on player body types. A thread came up that did say there would be a different body types based on position but they weren't sure of how many there would be after that.

There was a still shot they had where you could clearly see a fat linemen in the background.

# 44 eXperiment63 @ 02/20/10 12:28 AM
This game is going to make me buy a damn 360. I don't play videogames... But football games are my lifeblood, haha. I just hate Madden, so I don't play anything.

That smash at 1:34 in the slo-mo vid is amazing. Runner goes for the hole to get into the endzone, and teh defender comes up and just pops him as he gets to the goal-line. Finally a game with real goal line stands!

# 45 bvb24 @ 02/20/10 01:52 AM
Could this game do what EA has never done? Make a power HB an option on O. I'm extremely excited. If you're looking for shoelaces, windsocks, different hair styles, tattoos you can add, and other frills enjoy madden. Because that's all they ever add, extras and BS. If you NEED the NFL license, enjoy madden. But I will take this game over NCAA and Madden any day. Fake players, no problem. No suction blocking, warp catches, and terrible pursuit angles, yes please.

# 46 SageInfinite @ 02/20/10 02:01 AM
Wow. That's all I can say. I don't know how good this game will be, but from these dev diaries it looks crazy. I love how the running back is slicing through the defense at the 2 minute mark. Notice how the defender knocks him off balance just enough to stop the play. Little things like that are just priceless. The game truly looks organic.

As good as this game looks, I just can't help but feel cheated that the game is not based off the NFL. I mean just imagine if 2k had these systems in place with their phenomenal presentation...... Brings a tear to my eye. Back to reality though, ALL HAIL BACKBREAKER. I wish this game much success for giving us an alternative to Madden, and also something truly innovative at the core. A part of me still wishes it was a traditional football game, but I'm very open to see what backbreaker brings. Cant wait to see some actual in game footage(someone actually playing the game)

# 47 bigsmallwood @ 02/20/10 03:10 AM
Game looks amazing right now. BUT seeing somebody actually play the game will let us know if this game is actually the truth!

# 48 mgoblue678 @ 02/20/10 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHFBFAN2
The QB motions are horrible. The collisions are very nice. Still the jury is out. I would love to see another football game but these guys have some very large mountains to climb. The one that will be the killer is the fact that the NFL License is in the hands of EA. Not a good thing when trying to come out with a new football game. If this game is to make it, and hopefully it will, it is going to have to have incredible gameplay. Not just good gameplay, I mean incredible. So much that the lack of the NFL Logo is distracted by this incredible gameplay. From what I have seen so far, I do not think it will. I hope I am very wrong, and maybe I deep down inside am trying not to get myself up only to be disappointed but really folks, the QB motion, what about the strategy in this game, playbooks, and who wants to play a game without the Chargers, cowboys, jets etc...

Another thing that disturbs me about this game is the models all looking like something from a star trek series. I hope this is not going to be another NFL BLITZ. You talk about getting your hopes hammered. But it sure is looking this way.

Keeping fingers crossed, but please backbreaker, the QB animations have got to change. And the mood of the game, this futuristic mood has to change as well.
Your name looks awful similar to an IRISHFBFAN1 who was banned a couple of days ago. I guess that is just a coincidence.

# 49 veritas1 @ 02/20/10 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHFBFAN2
... and who wants to play a game without the Chargers, cowboys, jets etc...
Depends how you look at it. I look at it like this, who wants to play as the Chargers, Jets or any other NFL franchise if the game itself is crap (aka Madden).

People think the NFL license is everything, while it does play a major part in sales. There is a huge market for game with decent gameplay. The same thing happened in soccer games. EAs FIFA has the license but along came Pro Evo and made a game with gameplay that was just so much better people couldn't resist.

Oh, and if ur upset that this game isn't based on the NFL, you know who to blame....

# 50 LBzrule @ 02/20/10 08:16 AM
Speaks volumes how these guys have double team pass blocking and passing defenders onto another lineman in their damn first try. There is still alot more I need to find out about the game though. They need to at least have a decent playbook, unless they are allowing us to create our own formations, fronts and plays.

Also I love what I see with respect to ball placement. The backshoulder throw early in the slow mo vid and of course the deep pass to the outside where only your WR can get it and NO F'ING WARPING DB Skying like Lebron to swat or INT the ball.

# 51 ZoneBlitz @ 02/20/10 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas1
Depends how you look at it. I look at it like this, who wants to play as the Chargers, Jets or any other NFL franchise if the game itself is crap (aka Madden).

People think the NFL license is everything, while it does play a major part in sales. There is a huge market for game with decent gameplay. The same thing happened in soccer games. EAs FIFA has the license but along came Pro Evo and made a game with gameplay that was just so much better people couldn't resist.

Oh, and if ur upset that this game isn't based on the NFL, you know who to blame....
I agree. Many sports games flourished without official licenses. The quality of game play is paramount. Surveys of gamers over the years have shown this to be true.

I would rather play what Backbreaker will hopefully be than the complete garbage that is Madden. Sure Madden does some things well. However, over the years it has reached new lows in area of under-achievement. The last straw was when they bough the ESPN license and sat on it - just so 2k wouldn't have it.

As I said, good bye Madden. Thanks for all the years.

# 52 ZoneBlitz @ 02/20/10 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Speaks volumes how these guys have double team pass blocking and passing defenders onto another lineman in their damn first try. There is still alot more I need to find out about the game though. They need to at least have a decent playbook, unless they are allowing us to create our own formations, fronts and plays.

Also I love what I see with respect to ball placement. The backshoulder throw early in the slow mo vid and of course the deep pass to the outside where only your WR can get it and NO F'ING WARPING DB Skying like Lebron to swat or INT the ball.
Say it again man. This game will be awesome.

# 53 BrianFifaFan @ 02/20/10 08:55 AM
If they give us PES-level editing, this could be a real find. I can pretend it's NFL-2020 with the futuristic uni's! I just hope they don't blow it with single player modes like APF did. The whole fantasy gold, silver,bronze fantasy team thing just left me cold. They give me some type of Franchise and a great editor, I'm willing to give it a try. There's a lot that's interesting about this game. I'm just glad it's finally reaching the point where they are gonna get info out. Promo vids only can garner so much interest. Time to get some details!

# 54 MINATAURO @ 02/20/10 09:05 AM
Can't wait for this to drop!!! 1st day buy!!!

# 55 TDKing @ 02/20/10 09:28 AM
Tired of the euphoria crap already... show some gameplay please

# 56 mvb34 @ 02/20/10 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas1

Having NFL logos is very important to me but if this game can be edited so that i can have it then this game is atleast a rental for me..

# 57 CreatineKasey @ 02/20/10 09:54 AM
I've always harped on player interactions being the most important aspect of a football game. That's what Backbreaker is focusing on. When interactions and fundamentals are right, a lot of potential and unforeseen problems take care of themselves. It's hard to cheat the laws of physics.

# 58 eXperiment63 @ 02/20/10 10:19 AM
Ehhhh... I used to love them. But I just don't have the time to play them anymore. What, with working 50+ hours a week, the gym, guitar practice, vocal practice, potential band practice.... I will only have time for one game to be playing.

# 59 davep @ 02/20/10 11:15 AM
This is the first video that actually has me excited about this game. I'm so-so on Madden, and this won't replace it, but it just looks FUN. I'm sure it will have plenty of flaws in the first year but I'm leaning towards getting it now just for the fun factor alone.

But as the producer said, Madden animations might look really stale after playing this (if they don't already).

# 60 PantherBeast_OS @ 02/20/10 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
Exactly

To give up the amount of realistic game play that BB has shown in its videos because of uniforms and side lines/other presentation would be silly. BB is going to be the standard that ALL sports games will have to hold themselves to for game play(the single most important aspect of any sports game) When we thought of next-gen sports gaming we thought of what BB would give us and instead NO other gaming company has moved away from pre-canned animations.

I laugh at people who say that BB wont be a "sim" game. IMO it will be the only "sim" sport game to be released so far. No other sport game has the ability that BB has to produce realistic physics and that is one of the most important aspects to creating a sim game. I honestly wasnt sure how good the it would work but after further videos, I am highly impressed with the game play.

You can dress up a pile of poo with gold, glitter, and expensive clothes but it still doesnt change the fact that it is a pile of poo and will stink. That is exactly what madden has done for itself(and I will go as far to say that is what other sport games have done for themselves as well instead of creating what BB has game play wise)

If I come off in the wrong way or am wrong about other games, I apologize for both my tone or ignorance

This video just solidified a first day purchase from me and I intend to recommend to everyone to see any new videos and suggest the game for them as well. Countless things the game just showed are done "right" compared to the other football games that have been trying to get it right for years.
Umm yes another another game does pull off the types of graphics which MLB the show10 on ps3. If you ain't seen it yet then go to youtube and watch the trailer of mlb the show 10. The graphics and all looks so awsome and all.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.