Home
MLB 10 News Post

The Show Community has posted the top 5 second baseman in MLB '10: The Show.

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 ParisB @ 02/23/10 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLNYankee
.219 Batting Average with a sub .700 OPS outside of Texas. He is a product of the ballpark and nothing else.

OVER RATED!!!!!!!!!!!!
god forbid a guy being better at home....take a glance at home/road splits of all the Yankees players, i'm sure you will find some uneven splits

# 82 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/23/10 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I ADORE these "top" threads.
I was going to watch Shutter Island...but I think I'll just wait for the SS and 3B threads!

M.K.
Knight165
This is definitely signature material...

# 83 keymax @ 02/23/10 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Franchise
My completely unbiased rankings:

1. Utley
2. Kinsler
3. Pedroia
4. Zobrist
5. Cano
6. Hill
7. Roberts
8. Hudson
9. Beckham
10. Lopez

I'll try it myself:

1.Utley

no doubt about that one

2. Pedroia

2nd base still is a defensive position. Pedroia can hit a bit, too.

3. Zobrist

Monster 2009 he possibly won't be able to duplicate. I'm not sure he will play much 2nd base this coming season.

4. Roberts

Good OBP last three years, mediocre defense.But as consistent as it gets.

5. Cano

Very good 2009, horrible 2008 and good 2007.

Would put him at 4, but his 2008 kills him.

6.Hill

Good power numbers, bad OBP and average defense.

7. Kinsler

His arlington numbers are great. Away he is godawful.

8. Beckham

His away splits are much better. There is no doubt to me he will hit better at home this year, because US Cellular field is a hitter's park.

9.Hudson
10. Jose Lopez

They are behind quite a bit IMO. Hudson is the better hitter, Lopez the better defender, at least the last 3 years.

# 84 dickey1331 @ 02/23/10 08:36 AM
Quote:
He is OVER RATED. I am sorry that you cannot accept it. .246 and .745 for someone on the road is pure crap. Especially when people like to talk that he is the second best 2b in baseball. Let me know when Ian gets a hit outside of Rangers Ballpark. Maybe then we can talk but until then I will be waiting.
Im sure you know alot more about baseball than SCEA and Sporting News. To look at who is the best 2nd basemen you cant just look at batting average and OPS. Please there are more than 2 statistics then that in baseball.

# 85 GEORGE LUZ @ 02/23/10 11:39 AM
I've been reading these forums for a while, decided to make an account.
Couple things:
-Ian Kinsler is not overrated - he was the only player last year to be a member of the 30/30 club.
-I don't understand how Dustin Pedroia is only a 79-74 on contact when he's a career .307 hitter. He batted .296 last year and .326 in 2008 - his contact should be way higher.

# 86 RoyalBoyle78 @ 02/23/10 12:02 PM
Quote:
Cano 2009

.320, 25 HR's, 85 RBI's, 200 Hits, 100 Runs, 48 Doubles, 130 OPS

Ian Kinsler is the most over rated player in the game. Let me know when he finally gets a hit outside of Texas. Pedroia wishes he was good as Cano. Hudson, Roberts and Kennedy above Cano? Are you F'ing kidding me?
I 100% this is a joke, the only other played that should be above Cano is Utley and that's all. I;m looking at the top five guys numbers and they don;t stack up to Cano's numbers at all.

# 87 rupe @ 02/23/10 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJWILLIAMS1
First off, Thanks Russ and SCEA for giving BP some major love. Overated? Guy bats 4th on the worst offensive team in baseball (not this year though) and still hits almost .280 with 20 Hrs, 98 RBI's and 20+ steals and SHOULD have won gold glove. Votto was out for a month +, Bruce 3 months, and he only had Rolen protecting him for 40 games. HE IS A STUD!!!!!

Secondly, his stance is incorrect, but its hard to duplicate. He wiggles his bat a ton and then slows it down before the pitch comes. Guys can fix his stance. No big deal.

Go REDS!!!!!!!!!!!
He is a stud but he has issues. Goes in funks where he will ignore signs, not run out fly balls, make lazy throws. I guess I'm hard on him because he has all the talent in the world but sometimes forgets that. Cleveland gave up on him for those issues (to our benefit). I was hoping he would take more of a leadership roll with Griffey and Dunn (both were notorious for the above issues) off the roster. Here is to him being that leader in 2010!!!

# 88 ty5oke @ 02/23/10 01:25 PM
I'll throw in another reminder about Jose Lopez. Wonder how he would of done playing at a home stadium like Cano and Kinsler have?

09 Away Splits : .313 17 HR 56 RBI
09 Home Splits: .229 8 HR 40 RBI

But carry on with this Cano being top 5 2B without any talk of Jose Lopez. We're used to it on the west coast.

# 89 GEORGE LUZ @ 02/23/10 01:32 PM
Kinsler is by no means mvp caliber, I'm just saying you can't call a guy overrated when he has 30 hr, 30 sb, and 100 runs, especially when he's a second baseman.
On another note, I do agree with you on Cano. It is comical how he isn't in the top 3 or 4. I think Pedroia is a better OVERALL player than Cano cause of his defense and speed. (And cause I'm a Sox fan)
Also, these ratings probably took last season into account 80% when Ben Zobrist is that high - talk about a glitch of a year.

# 90 GEORGE LUZ @ 02/23/10 06:15 PM
There's no need to repeat yourself. You said the EXACT same thing a couple posts ago - I can read.

# 91 dickey1331 @ 02/23/10 06:32 PM
Quote:
Alfonso Soriano in 2002/2003 had 2 seasons of close to 40/40 seasons. 39/41 in 2002 and 38/35 in 2003. 46/41 in 2006. 2004 he had 28/18, 33/19 in 2007, 29/19 in 2008. That is 7 seasons out of the last 8 with almost 30/20. Everyone the past 8 years has considered him one of the most over rated and they are right.

Kinsler is over rated because of the following.

1. He sucks and is mediocore on the road. .219 batting average with a sub .700 OPS on the road. That is not a small sample size because it's half of his games.

2. Texas is an extreme hitters park. 105 Park Rating in 2009 with a park rating of 104 the past several years. Everybody and their mother hits at that park. Texas is the complete opposite of Citi Field.
You do relaze he has played more than one season? Why do you always quote just one season? Im sure Cano hasent been perfect his entire career

# 92 Perfect Zero @ 02/23/10 07:30 PM
I like all of the love for Ian Kinsler on the boards. I guess when you're part of the 30-30 club and when you are in the top ten of home runs, stolen bases, and runs; that qualifies you as overrated. I also don't get the hate for him batting at the Ballpark. When half of his games are there, he's supposed to be on fire in Arlington. I think Cano should be a bit higher, but Kinsler being second isn't a joke, especially since his best years are ahead of him.

# 93 GEORGE LUZ @ 02/23/10 07:37 PM
I agree 100% with you PerfectZero. There's more to a player than his average - somehow 30-30-100 is overrated at second base. REALLY? But if there was a 40-40 player in any position, he would be named on the spot the best player in the league. And if you want to talk about Kinsler playing at a hitter's park, New Yankee Stadium is the biggest homerdome in the history of mankind, especially the right field jetstream....

# 94 Knight165 @ 02/23/10 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDRZA
I know im a die hard Yankee fan. I was born, raised, and still dwell in NYC, hell i'm a NYC Firefighter. I watch basically every single inning, of every single game, all season long. Get to the Stadium as often as i can too. there is no way possible Cano is not top 3. I'll give you Utley, and MAYEY Pedroia (Hate that bald gnumph, but so far hes earned his respect), but Cano should be MINIMALLY 3rd.

We all know his offensive production but watching him night in and night out his defesne is OUTSTANDING, to the point it looks like he's putting no effort at all out there. He has great range going both ways, and has a shortstops arm.

This is a total joke.

I'm not knocking Kinsler, or Phillips, or even Aaaron Hill, all very solid up and coming players too. But i wouldn't take any 2nd basemen in baseball over "DON'T YA KNOW.... ROBBIE CANO!!!"
Let me guess....68 Engine.(I know a truckie wouldn't do this much whinin'

M.K.
Knight165

# 95 Knight165 @ 02/23/10 07:49 PM
Just to let you guys in on what I mean....

M.K.
Knight165

# 96 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/23/10 08:01 PM
This one is much more attractive...

# 97 Knight165 @ 02/23/10 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
This one is much more attractive...

I'm tryin'....
...I think I can hold it....
....nope...

Bill Buckner for president!

M.K.
Knight165

# 98 fiedler2k3 @ 02/23/10 09:26 PM
Where is Dan Ugla? he is not even in the top ten, All star twice, a 30+ homers hitter....maybe he is not going to be on second base any more?

# 99 dickey1331 @ 02/23/10 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
I like all of the love for Ian Kinsler on the boards. I guess when you're part of the 30-30 club and when you are in the top ten of home runs, stolen bases, and runs; that qualifies you as overrated. I also don't get the hate for him batting at the Ballpark. When half of his games are there, he's supposed to be on fire in Arlington. I think Cano should be a bit higher, but Kinsler being second isn't a joke, especially since his best years are ahead of him.
Yeah some people just look at certain statistics and get stuck on it and not look at the overall picture.

# 100 Knight165 @ 02/23/10 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDRZA
No, but truckies go to medal day, Engine men go to the burn center!! You FDNY man? Just wont publicly divulge my company. Tell those truckiies to stop standing on the line and do something lol!!
Haha...
Yeah..yeah...fireman's helpers.....shepards....rolling tool box....
I've heard 'em all...
We do ....do something. How else would you guys find the fire if we didn't show you where it is?....and how the heck would you get through the door if we didn't force it for you!?
14 years and counting.
Stay safe brother........and don't get the truckies wet...huh? We hate that!

M.K.
Knight165

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.