Home
MLB 10 News Post

The Show Community has posted the top 5 third baseman in MLB '10: The Show.

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 65 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 keymax @ 02/22/10 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek2Jeter
I think Arod's power is fine. I think Pujols is the one that's messed up. They should have put him 99 each. I agree Pujols has more power than Arod and that Arod's power ratings should be lower than Pujols. However, I don't think Arod's numbers need to change.

Also keep in mind, I'm sure the makers of the game thought of all those HR he hit in the playoffs.
You got a good point there. If Pujols power ratings would be better I could live with Arod's. Because I think Pujols should be the clear cut best right handed hitter in the game.
But I disagree with the playoff HRs they shouldn't be weighted in too heavily, because the playoffs are a very small sample size compared to a 162 game season.

His fielding stats are a bit high too IMO(but I think they haven't that much of an impact ingame), but the relation between Pujols and Arod's power ratings bugged me the most.
 
# 22 Doormat @ 02/22/10 10:45 PM
A-Rod overrated? A bit, but those ratings remind me of 07's monster season.
 
# 23 mgoblue678 @ 02/22/10 10:49 PM
Arod has hit .277, .263 and .272 the last three years against left handed pitchers. How in the world does that translate to a 94 contact rating against left handers? There is no statistically basis for that rating whatsoever.

His contact ratings are similar to Pujols, when Pujols has a significantly higher average against left and right handed pitchers the last three years.

SCEA may need to take a look at the formulas they use because some of these ratings don't make any sense if they are based on the last three years with the most recent weighing significantly more.

Edit: His career average against left handers is only .295 as well.
 
# 24 Bellsprout @ 02/22/10 10:52 PM
No Casey McGehee = FAIL

...

...

I am absolutely and totally kidding.
 
# 25 Rob_NYY @ 02/22/10 10:57 PM
I agree with these ratings. A-Rod is right where he belongs.
 
# 26 Doormat @ 02/22/10 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
I agree with these ratings. A-Rod is right where he belongs.
Off Topic : Epic avatar you got thar xDDDDDD
 
# 27 Greene_Flash03 @ 02/22/10 11:09 PM
Looks spot on.. Although, I would put Kung-Fu Panda a little higher.
 
# 28 Mercury53 @ 02/22/10 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vols bravesfan
A-ROIIIIIID!
Very nice!!!

Nice to see Sandoval getting some love.
 
# 29 BDKiiing @ 02/22/10 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
No Casey McGehee = FAIL

...

...

I am absolutely and totally kidding.
i thought for sure Gamel...

is Longo's stance a generic or is that the real deal?
 
# 30 monk31 @ 02/23/10 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Arod has hit .277, .263 and .272 the last three years against left handed pitchers. How in the world does that translate to a 94 contact rating against left handers? There is no statistically basis for that rating whatsoever.

His contact ratings are similar to Pujols, when Pujols has a significantly higher average against left and right handed pitchers the last three years.

SCEA may need to take a look at the formulas they use because some of these ratings don't make any sense if they are based on the last three years with the most recent weighing significantly more.

Edit: His career average against left handers is only .295 as well.
Hum.....that just doesn't seem right, perhaps more than batting average goes into the figuration of the Contact ratings. Maybe extra base hits???
 
# 31 monk31 @ 02/23/10 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLNYankee
...Should I mention that he was still playing injured the first 40 games back? Should I mention that the hip injury cut down on his doubles last year since he didn't want to push the running?...
I doubt the ratings formulas figure in injuries.

Btw, to the earlier poster....I disagreed, I thought Arod's power numbers would be much better than Pujols but apparently I'm wrong take a look:

Pujols AB per HR
09: 12.1
08: 14.2
07: 17.7


Arod AB per HR
09: 14.8
08: 14.6
07: 10.8
 
# 32 tommyjesus @ 02/23/10 06:16 AM
nice pablo in the top 10.

i have a feeling he may be top 5 next year!
 
# 33 keymax @ 02/23/10 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLNYankee
I wasn't talking about the ratings. A Poster knocked Arod because of his OPS compared to 2007. My point was that 2007 was an all time great year that is hard to match. My other point was that ARod had a great OPS last year playing with a bad hip for a majority of the season. It's hard to turn singles into doubles when you can barely run. That leads to a lower slugging.
I wasn't knocking arod. He is still a great hitting 3B.
But, do you think he will be able to duplicate 2007 anytime again in his career? I don't, but his ratings look just like that.
I don't have a problem with Arod being the best 3B ingame, but I have a problem with 2007 Arod being in The Show '10
 
# 34 callmetaternuts @ 02/23/10 08:23 AM
Longo, you are awesome. Now please allow me to hit prodigious HR's with your virtual character.
 
# 35 ricowiz @ 02/23/10 09:07 AM
David Wright ahead of Ryan Zimmerman???
 
# 36 jcabler24 @ 02/23/10 09:27 AM
Michael Young anyone? Dont know how high you want to put him, but def higher than Rolen.
 
# 37 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/23/10 10:31 AM
I usually stay out of these, but all I have to say is that if Alex Rodriguez is 83 for fielding and 80 for reaction and David Wright is 89 fielding, 74 reaction ...

Then Adrian Beltre better be 100 reaction and 120 fielding. Comparatively speaking since they are both well in the negative with UZR, and Adrian is well, well above the positive. Ranked #1/150

Considering Alex and Wright are the worst at their position by the rating.

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.asp...n=2009&month=0
 
# 38 ricowiz @ 02/23/10 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metsman8669
It takes the last three years into account.

And Wright is still probably a better overall hitter (last year's anomaly, notwithstanding). But Zimmerman is a stud with the glove.
Yeah, forgot about the whole 3 year thing. I mean, they are really close so I have no beefs with it....you think Wright will bounce back this season? I mean he had a steep dropoff on HR's...

And yeah, I have been pleased with Zimmy's glove! As for his offense, it definitely helps to have Dunn batting behind him...
 
# 39 nemesis04 @ 02/23/10 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
I usually stay out of these, but all I have to say is that if Alex Rodriguez is 83 for fielding and 80 for reaction and David Wright is 89 fielding, 74 reaction ...

Then Adrian Beltre better be 100 reaction and 120 fielding. Comparatively speaking since they are both well in the negative with UZR, and Adrian is well, well above the positive. Ranked #1/150

Considering Alex and Wright are the worst at their position by the rating.

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.asp...n=2009&month=0
You get bonus points for playing in New York!
 
# 40 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/23/10 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
You get bonus points for playing in New York!


Oh wait...

I think you are right.
 


Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.