Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

The Major League Baseball 2K10 demo is now available for 360 users. Please post your impressions here.

Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 myghty @ 02/23/10 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadasfan
Unfortunately I can't embed this video because I am at work and it never works from this computer, but here is my first gameplay video from the demo. Not terribly exciting action, as I was just getting used to the controls again, etc. but there will be more to come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8rrPCmXD0I

If anyone is able to embed this on the forum, please feel free to do so.
Thanks for that great video. I'm pretty impressed with what I've seen so far. Gameplay looks alot better than the past which is a good thing.

# 142 TheRock88 @ 02/23/10 12:57 PM
Haha, just had an awesome moment.

My team (Phillies) is batting and I have a runner on 1st and 2nd with 1 out. Howard comes up to bat and hits a double to the top of the right wall. I'm still getting used to the baserunning controls so I had all 3 of my hitters attempt to run home. Victorino is chugging towards home while Swish throws it to Posada. Posada catches the ball first and is anticipating the collision. Victorino instead slides and somehow knocks the ball out of Posada's glove and as he goes to pick up the ball, Utley and Howard also come around and slide their way into home.

# 143 reo @ 02/23/10 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty730
Gameplay-wise, everything is much improved ... but there are still signs of MLB 2K9 when trying to field groundballs. For example, I hit a ball up the middle that Jeter got to and he did that awkward on-the-run throwing animation that I've hated for years now.
Remember, you can get out of those animations sooner by using LT until you're ready to release the ball. For example, hold LT as you're fielding the ball, and release once throwing power hits the green area.

# 144 Galvatron @ 02/23/10 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Nadas....

">

M.K.
Knight165
What happened on the double play at the 3:10 mark? Did the CPU pull Jeter off the bag on the throw from Cano or did the user manually over run the base? I can't tell.

# 145 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/23/10 01:23 PM
I got a chance to go home and play a couple of innings and I must say, I'm impressed

It's like a new game. The player models look great, CC's stomach hanging over his pants. Some of the faces are off but, I care more about game play. And in the few innings I played, I loved what I saw.

Numbers don't bother me, I could care less how big they are. Now, if you put those same numbers on the other games unis then, it would bother me. But, nothing to the point of not buying the game.

Definitely going to buy this. It's going to be nice being able to play a baseball game on the 360 this year against some friends. So far, so good 2k.

# 146 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/23/10 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kursekain
What happened on the double play at the 3:10 mark? Did the CPU pull Jeter off the bag on the throw from Cano or did the user manually over run the base? I can't tell.
The user over-ran the play. May not be important to many but watching that cloud move across the OF is a thing of beauty...

# 147 Knight165 @ 02/23/10 01:25 PM
Quote:
I was just about to post that.
That was a bit strange.
I actually hope it was the CPU coming off early...because his motion(the user) should actually have been going the other way(towards third)....but even then....that should have been an out at 2B.

Okay....the game looks better to me than 2K9....much better.
The ani's are smoother.....(even though everyone has that zombie look!)

But...a couple of things in the demo so far.
1. I'm not used to the gesture system so I didn't realize how to power up my pitches...and every one was "weak"...however save for a homerun by Ruiz....the CPU swung at every weak pitch unless I threw it wild or was WAY out of the zone with it. Now that I've gotten pitching down a bit...I have to see if it's a running thing with most "weak" pitches(meaning...is the CPU seeing a weak pitch and swinging regardless of location....another thing I was missing)
2. Is there a way to practice swing?....I may be missing it.
3. Is the pitch popping up when I'm at bat always there?...FASTBALL...CUVRVE...etc...can you shut that off?
...and I maybe I'm just not used to the batting system...but I feel like the game won't let me swing(even though it's late)......sometimes. Quite a few times...the game kind of took over and took the pitch for me....when I really meant to swing(for a strike )....

Thanks.

M.K.
Knight165

# 148 KeMiKaL @ 02/23/10 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
The user over-ran the play. May not be important to many but watching that cloud move across the OF is a thing of beauty...
what cloud?

# 149 Trevytrev11 @ 02/23/10 01:46 PM
Can anyone check and see if the computer pitcher automatically picks over when you take that 4th step on your lead? Last year, you could do it infinitely (even if your runner made it back standing up) and the pitcher would always throw over.

# 150 nadasfan @ 02/23/10 01:46 PM
Quote:

It caught me by surprise as I was playing as well. My best guess is that when i made the throw to second, I was given control of the shortstop before the ball got there and pulled my player off the bag. It was early this morning so forgive me for not being 100% clear on what happened. I believe that i was trying to preload my throw from the shortstop to first base, and therefore may have been aiming towards first. That may be why the player's momentum was towards first. Not sure. I will have to play a bit and see if I can get it to do that again.

# 151 Knight165 @ 02/23/10 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
Can anyone check and see if the computer pitcher automatically picks over when you take that 4th step on your lead? Last year, you could do it infinitely (even if your runner made it back standing up) and the pitcher would always throw over.
It doesn't...(If I'm understanding you correctly)....
I took three extra steps towards second base with Nick Johnson and the CPU didn't throw over at all.(I think it didn't see it as a threat...it did throw over when I had Jeter on 1st)

M.K.
Knight165

# 152 nadasfan @ 02/23/10 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeMiKaL
what cloud?

The clouds in the background actually move this year instead of being a stationary background.

# 153 DocHolliday @ 02/23/10 01:49 PM
Is anyone walking the CPU without really "trying" if you know what I mean.

# 154 humaca80 @ 02/23/10 01:54 PM
I wish they improved the sound of the ball coming off the bat for once in this game. The animations do ont look natural at all, the players look like a bunch of robots out there. It is definately improving slowly but surely on the gameplay. I think Ill wait on this one. Gotta love having both systems!

# 155 Juiceman @ 02/23/10 01:57 PM
Watched the vid posted and love the pitching and batting views. Players look great. The pitch analyzer will be awesome as I hate when I play a game and screw something up and 'think' I did the correct motion. Now I'll be able to see what I did wrong. I can't wait to DL the demo after work today.

# 156 Knight165 @ 02/23/10 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Bowler
1-During your first motion you need to hold it there till the ring expands, then you need to time your release and start second motion.

2-I don't think so. I thought it use to be there.

3-This is teid to your batters eye and it only works for good hitters. I'm not sure, but i think you can switch it off. As far as not being able to swing i have no idea what you're doing unless you're just really, really late with your swing? I'm having no problems at all.
Thanks....I finally figured out the ring(right over my head.....)...and yes...I could be terribly late. I'm that bad at hitting.

Thanks again.

M.K.
Knight165

# 157 KeMiKaL @ 02/23/10 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadasfan
The clouds in the background actually move this year instead of being a stationary background.
oh ok. i never payed attention to them since i started playing!

# 158 Trevytrev11 @ 02/23/10 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
It doesn't...(If I'm understanding you correctly)....
I took three extra steps towards second base with Nick Johnson and the CPU didn't throw over at all.(I think it didn't see it as a threat...it did throw over when I had Jeter on 1st)

M.K.
Knight165
Can you try and take a 4th extra step (4 pulls of the trigger) and see if it draws an automatic thow every time. Maybe try the same scenario with Johnson and Jeter.

Basically last year, once you clicked the L trigger the 4th time, the computer would throw over..they would litterally do it 100 times in a row with no change in outcome. Just trying to see if this has changed to become less automatic.

# 159 humaca80 @ 02/23/10 02:03 PM
Another thing I would like to ad is the defensive swing mechanic is pretty awesome, this looks quite fluent. How can they not implement a check swing though? Are they really going to patch that in or is this another empty promise?

# 160 EL_GABE @ 02/23/10 02:07 PM
game looks to arcade ish but it looks improved

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.