Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

Interested to see how your favorite players in Major League Baseball 2K10 are rated? Check out the screenshots.

Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Kane182 @ 02/24/10 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
They could just as easily IMPROVE on last season's production.

You do not seem to have a high grasp on the relationship between stats and ability. Players can regress, stay the same, or improve. Pagan and Francouer are not old enough to be regressing - they are still improving their abilities. It is far more likely that they stay the same or improve than it is that they regress.

Angel Pagan showed he is an adequate starting outfielder (at worst a 4th outfielder) last season. Why would his days as a 5th outfielder/AAA player matter?

25 year old Angel Pagan struck out in 20% of his PAs.
26 year old Angel Pagan struck out in 17% of his PAs.
27 year old Angel Pagan struck out in 15% of his PAs.

Do you seriously think 25 year old Pagan's production matters just as much to 28 year old Pagan as his 27 year old production? It is OBVIOUS that his skills have improved over the last 3 years which is why 3 year averages would not be doing him justice.
Brady Anderson hit 50 HRs in 1996. He had 18 in 1997 and 16 in 1995. If the upcoming season were 1997 and it had not happened yet I would not adjust his power so that he would absolutely hit 50 again. I would probably adjust it so he would hit 25 - 30.

That is an extreme example, but 3-year averages work. Ask any of the roster makers for the High Heat series or the OOTP series.

# 22 notasenator @ 02/24/10 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane182
Brady Anderson hit 50 HRs in 1996. He had 18 in 1997 and 16 in 1995. If the upcoming season were 1997 and it had not happened yet I would not adjust his power so that he would absolutely hit 50 again. I would probably adjust it so he would hit 25 - 30.

That is an extreme example, but 3-year averages work. Ask any of the roster makers for the High Heat series or the OOTP series.
I don't think these games should be programmed to account for a season of aggressive steroid use.

By the way, do we know if all of the stat categories are the same this year as they were last year?

# 23 Kane182 @ 02/24/10 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notasenator
I don't think these games should be programmed to account for a season of aggressive steroid use.
Agreed, although it's never been proven.

My point is when all is said and done Wrights' power rating should not be reflective of his 2009 season only. It would not be all that unreasonable that he hits 20 - 25 HRs this upcoming season.

Maybe a 3-year average isn't the best solution, but neither is using the prior season ONLY. IMO

Also, if the game has a decent progression/regression model that would help adjusting up and coming talent and declining vets.

# 24 topgundie @ 02/25/10 12:19 AM
Randy Wells is 72?! Are you kidding me?! he should AT LEAST be a 78!

# 25 duke776 @ 02/25/10 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgundie
Randy Wells is 72?! Are you kidding me?! he should AT LEAST be a 78!
......he is a 78. Gorzelanny is a 72, you looked at his overall instead of Wells'.

# 26 topgundie @ 02/25/10 12:37 AM
wow.....haha i swear i have situational dyslexia! Thanks for catching that for me!

# 27 BA2929 @ 02/25/10 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenBalla
Zack Greinke 97 baby! Can't wait to strike batters out online.
I totally agree. I'm a huge Royals fan and I finally have someone rated over an 80 in a video game!

On another note about the 3 year averages: I read somewhere (don't remember where off-hand) that they ARE using 3 year averages, but with a bigger emphasis on the previous season.

# 28 BrettB82 @ 02/25/10 12:40 PM
What is Stephen Strasburg's fake minor leaguer OVR rating?

# 29 Blazzen @ 02/25/10 02:13 PM
Any idea what Jason Heywards fake minor league rating is?

# 30 reyes the roof @ 02/25/10 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by firktaf
Hmm, okay. I knew that he had surgery in early January and should be back for opening day but I didn't think that the shipped rosters(for any game) accounted for injuries like that until roster updates. Good to know.
Beltran is supposed to miss the first month of the season, so judging by the Mets' handling of injuries, he should be back by August

# 31 reyes the roof @ 02/25/10 02:48 PM
Wow only 5 points separate Santana's and Ollie Perez's control ratings

# 32 Real2KInsider @ 02/26/10 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane182
My point is when all is said and done Wrights' power rating should not be reflective of his 2009 season only. It would not be all that unreasonable that he hits 20 - 25 HRs this upcoming season.

20-25 homers is not a lot when we're talking about a player that routinely gets 600+ Plate Appearances. Wright did not have much power to begin with; he is a line drive hitter, and Citifield sent him further down that path. He changed his approach last season IIRC.

# 33 reyes the roof @ 02/26/10 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
20-25 homers is not a lot when we're talking about a player that routinely gets 600+ Plate Appearances. Wright did not have much power to begin with; he is a line drive hitter, and Citifield sent him further down that path. He changed his approach last season IIRC.
He won't admit to changing his approach, but the general feeling seems to be that the drill Jerry Manuel had everyone doing last spring, hitting 80 consecutive balls out of the pitching machine and hitting them all to the opposite field seemed to completely ruin the mechanics of his swing

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.