Home
MLB 10 News Post

The Show Community has posted the top 5 left fielders in MLB '10: The Show.

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 EL_GABE @ 02/24/10 03:23 PM
even as a dodger fan i dont see manny bein a #3 maybe 5-7 yea . it looks like they tweak his batting stance n cant see if they fix his face but i like the ratings

# 22 GoBucs09 @ 02/24/10 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keymax
It actually makes sense not weight in defense too much for the LF overall rating.
LF is an offensive position. There and at 1B you hide your weakest defensive players. You can see at the SS list that defense is weighted in there much more.
I can agree with you on 1B, although you prefer strong defensive players you are willing to sacrifice defensive ability for a good bat. Usually 1B is the first place you're willing to sacrifice. LF, RF and 3B are the next to go. C, SS, 2B and CF are positions you can't afford to sacrifice D for a bat, you need strong defense up the middle.

LF and RF are different though. Generally you want a strong arm in RF in order to throw to 3B, cutting down runners trying to go from first to third. A lot of parks have big left fields so it makes sense sometimes to have a speedy guy in LF. For sure though you want to have a solid bat with power in your corner outfield spots. I guess it depends on your ball park which corner outfield spot you can afford to sacrifice defense.

# 23 Bellsprout @ 02/24/10 03:45 PM
FINALLY! A BREWER! And he's on the top of the list!

*steps off ledge*

# 24 berenjena @ 02/24/10 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses

*steps off ledge*
What about prince fielder?

# 25 Bellsprout @ 02/24/10 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by berenjena
I haven't seen the 1B list yet. Is it out?

The only ones i've seen were 3B, SS, and 2B, and all of them had not one single Brewer on them. And with good reason.

# 26 BravesBoy @ 02/24/10 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by berenjena
He's 4th on the list

# 27 GEORGE LUZ @ 02/24/10 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
What are you talking about?

Here are their major hitting attributes:

Pujols: 90,99,87,94,94,99,99
Hamilton : 85,72,91,80,58,70,85

REALLY? Should they be that close? REALLY?
Josh Hamilton has 1 season with over 19 home runs
Albert Pujols has 9 seasons with over 32 home runs, and 5 over 40.

Am I missing something here?

# 28 brewersfan84 @ 02/24/10 04:27 PM
Quote:

*steps off ledge*
LMAO I know right?

# 29 berenjena @ 02/24/10 04:33 PM
Quote:
I haven't seen the 1B list yet. Is it out?

The only ones i've seen were 3B, SS, and 2B, and all of them had not one single Brewer on them. And with good reason.
http://www.theshowcommunity.com/showthread.php?t=49

# 30 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/24/10 05:48 PM
Is this with Carlos Quentin as a right fielder? I hope so. Carl Crawford needs to be 3-4 spots higher, and Hamilton is WAYY overrated.

# 31 humaca80 @ 02/24/10 06:22 PM
Crawford should be first for sure... And Manny shouldn't even be in top 5... Although that high five-throwout at second was pretty f'n cool, and hilarious but outrageously ruhtarded(the hangover). Sorry for the bad grammer, on the iPod touchy.

# 32 DanH35 @ 02/24/10 06:32 PM
Bay rated higher than Holliday is laughably bad. Holliday's WAR last 3 years: 8.0, 6.3, 5.7. Bay's: 0.0, 2.9, 3.5.

# 33 skinfan31 @ 02/24/10 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake62505
Cant see crawford being 9th and cant see manny being so high, the guy throws like a girl and is so one dimensional. Add that to the 50 game suspension and steadly decling numbers when he came back I just dont see it.

I agree. No way Crawford is that low. Top 5 easy. Manny is so one dimensional, no wheels, arm, or field. He might be marginal top 10 at best.

# 34 BDKiiing @ 02/24/10 06:47 PM
dang, i was hoping to see Braun's stance in the game, as well as him being alot faster

# 35 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/24/10 06:47 PM
Why do people keep saying Manny has no arm. Yes he isn't that great of a fielder, but he is more a Guerrero arm than Johnny Damon.

He has 128 career assists in his 17 seasons (impressive for a man with no arm ). Very under-rated in that category due to his sloppy routine play.

Seen him gun guys down at home without a cutoff in left at Fenway, as well as runners not getting back to first in time on outs which thought the same of him and his arm.

# 36 burds13 @ 02/24/10 07:04 PM
Crawford's obviously a very good player... but let's not miss the bowl while urinating, here.

He's certainly not a top five offensive left fielder over the past 3 years. Obviously he is very good defensively and great on the bases, and I agree he should be higher than 9... but not ahead of anyone in the top five.

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx...01&position=of

# 37 GEORGE LUZ @ 02/24/10 07:27 PM
This list is based on overall, not just offense. Overall is a combo of contact, power, fielding, speed, and other. Manny and Bay should both be F's at fielding and speed. Crawford is an A speed and should be an A at defense too. And it's not like Crawford is awful at offense, he is a career .295 hitter. And Manny is 37; these lists should take age into account more.

# 38 ty5oke @ 02/24/10 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klb835
the most realistic game has the most unrealistic ratings hahaha

first vazquez is rated better than cc sabathia
second jose reyes better then ramirez
third crawford 9th? behind juan rivera? HOLY CRAP I just about passed out. Good job on the realism "sigh" Looks like some editing will need to be done
I don't think Javy is better than CC but it might not be as far off as you think.

Last year stats:

Sabathia 19-8 3.37 ERA 230 IP 197 K's 1.15 WHIP

Vazquez 15-10 2.87 ERA 219 IP 238 K's 1.03 WHIP

# 39 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/24/10 07:43 PM
Quote:
I don't think Javy is better than CC but it might not be as far off as you think.

Last year stats:

Sabathia 19-8 3.37 ERA 230 IP 197 K's 1.15 WHIP

Vazquez 15-10 2.87 ERA 219 IP 238 K's 1.03 WHIP
Their stat logic clearly does not take into account going from National League to American League usually nets a full run added to the ERA as a good rule of thumb. (generally)

Thus it saw Vasquez as a hair better, but we know how his last stints were in the American League, as well as CC before National, during National and back to American League.

Vasquez always excelled in the National League, he had solid last three years with the Expos too.

Quote:
True.. but I don't think they take into account run support either.
That too. As well as division mentioned (league)

# 40 ty5oke @ 02/24/10 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek2Jeter
I can definitely understand why they rated Javy so high. I don't think they take into account about the division they play in.
True.. but I don't think they take into account run support either.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.