Home
MLB 10 News Post

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 SmashMan @ 02/25/10 12:12 AM
Batting stance criticism is as valid as many things that are suggested here. If the stances didn't matter, everybody would have "Generic 1", wouldn't they? Obviously that's hyperbole; but there's no reason to jump on the guy for pointing out an incorrect stance. Every bit of constructive criticism, which (aside from the one aforementioned sentence) his was, deserves to be heard.

---

On the actual topic of the video, it was a nice look at the game. There isn't much more to say than that. We know the game is going to be great, it was just like to get an unedited taste of it before release. I did like the presentation changes in terms of presenting the defense and the weather drop-down; and I'm really excited for next week to see what other new overlays made it.

# 62 choadler @ 02/25/10 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Batting stance criticism is as valid as many things that are suggested here. If the stances didn't matter, everybody would have "Generic 1", wouldn't they? Obviously that's hyperbole; but there's no reason to jump on the guy for pointing out an incorrect stance. Every bit of constructive criticism, which (aside from the one aforementioned sentence) his was, deserves to be heard.

---

On the actual topic of the video, it was a nice look at the game. There isn't much more to say than that. We know the game is going to be great, it was just like to get an unedited taste of it before release. I did like the presentation changes in terms of presenting the defense and the weather drop-down; and I'm really excited for next week to see what other new overlays made it.
Except for one thing. When I look at the stance I immediately think that is Manny's stance. It is pretty dang close.

# 63 Hitman3315 @ 02/25/10 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Every bit of constructive criticism, which (aside from the one aforementioned sentence) his was, deserves to be heard.
Agreed 100%.

A big part of what makes this game great are the details. If we didn't care about these details (whether that's batting stances, uniforms, or ballpark details), then SCEA probably wouldn't work so hard to work them into the game.

It's productive and totally constructive to point these things out. Even though I'm a bit of a newb myself, I can tell that SCEA clearly listens and strives for perfection, so I don't see the harm.

5 days!

# 64 Galvatron @ 02/25/10 12:27 AM
Listen, bottom line...the game is looking incredible. The new intro music, overlays and RTP are just a breath of fresh air and I'm just disappointed that the game is only 5 days away from release and some here are already knocking it down for a few MINOR, and I mean MINOR flaws. I don't know if i could handle being a developer or community staff member like Ramone and then read some of these comments here but that's what makes them even more upstanding guys I guess. Anyway...FIVE MORE DAYS!!!

# 65 Bob Digital @ 02/25/10 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kursekain
Listen, bottom line...the game is looking incredible...

and some here are already knocking it down for a few MINOR, and I mean MINOR flaws. I don't know if i could handle being a developer or community staff member like Ramone and then read some of these comments here but that's what makes them even more upstanding guys I guess..
This thought actually crossed my mind tonight too.

You guys that are unsatisfied with stances, overlays, and other things like that have every right to mention it, but some of you go on and on about it and / or mention it in a disrespectful ( to the developers ) way. Also, there's a better time and place to mention what you think is wrong with MLB 10. The time is after the game comes out and the place is in the MLB 11 wishlist thread.

Some of you are so particular about this video game that I swear you are borderline insane. MLB The Show will never be perfect to everyone. You might as well just accept that now. I truly feel sorry for people that are annoyed by such minor things in this game because you won't enjoy the game as much as you should.

If you are reading this and feel a nerve is being touched, then I'm probably talkin' to you. I'm not saying you're wrong, but try to keep it civil and not take cheap shots at the developers.

# 66 JermaineDye05 @ 02/25/10 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
What you have to remember is Game Trailers compressed and edit the crap out of this video, its evident with the batters in the batters box, also Russell stated he sent over 7gbs and the video is only 206mb. So you are going to see some frames missing because quite frankly GameTrailers wasn't going to put that much data up for one game.
It wasn't a missing frame. The bat literally switches positions in Furcals hands right before your eyes.

# 67 Shakedowncapo @ 02/25/10 01:00 AM
The batting stance argument is worn out. Tim I suggest sending a PM to Chris and breaking down to him all the players you want changed and how. These other guys baiting you bring absolutely nothing to the conversation and frankly, just need to be ignored.

Would be neat to have a community member go out there(on their own dime) and do the mo-cap work. It would at least be appreciated by some of us!

# 68 jkra0512 @ 02/25/10 01:07 AM
I can't wait for this game!!!! This is my first year with MLB: The Show....Already pre-ordered my copy and I'm ready to go!!!! Bring on the baseball season.

# 69 Braves Fan @ 02/25/10 01:38 AM
First off the game is beautiful, just absolutely gorgeous.

Secondly I don't understand the batting stance criticism. You can go in and edit the stances that aren't accurate. It should be a non issue.

Thanks for the video, can't wait until Tuesday.

# 70 Hitman3315 @ 02/25/10 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill23matic
I dont want to cross that line of flaming people, but seriously, some people are coming across as spoiled brats.
And I don't want to cross the line of flaming here either... honestly not my intention. Just saying that constructive criticism isn't a bad thing (when done respectfully).

I agree that the game is incredible, and for 99.9% percent of the time, I couldn't be happier. However, we do pay $60 a pop to play the game, so I think we've earned the right to at least voice concerns. But SCEA's attention to detail, the desire of the fans for those details, and both parties' constant passion of a higher level of detail is what makes the whole dynamic so great.

If someone points something out, say good point, say I disagree, or just move on. Constructive criticism doesn't need to get ripped.

# 71 Tommyklaid @ 02/25/10 03:18 AM
Love the last few seconds of the video where Halladay strikes out Manny, BECAUSE (if you take a closer look)...

...you can see Charlie Manuel *pump his fist* in excitement & the rest of the dugout celebrate *by applauding* the strikeout....VERRRRRY cool to finally see *animated* dugouts!!!

Kudos to the team over there in San Diego! (If you were in Vacouver, you would get a GOLLLLLD)

# 72 FindingTim @ 02/25/10 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Digital
This thought actually crossed my mind tonight too.

You guys that are unsatisfied with stances, overlays, and other things like that have every right to mention it, but some of you go on and on about it and / or mention it in a disrespectful ( to the developers ) way. Also, there's a better time and place to mention what you think is wrong with MLB 10. The time is after the game comes out and the place is in the MLB 11 wishlist thread.

Some of you are so particular about this video game that I swear you are borderline insane. MLB The Show will never be perfect to everyone. You might as well just accept that now. I truly feel sorry for people that are annoyed by such minor things in this game because you won't enjoy the game as much as you should.

If you are reading this and feel a nerve is being touched, then I'm probably talkin' to you. I'm not saying you're wrong, but try to keep it civil and not take cheap shots at the developers.
now I just feel like a dick. to the developers who read this, ignore my nit-picking about stances; I can edit them fine myself.

It also feels right to re-post this paragraph:

Look, SCEA is God for what they do with this game. It is freakin' unbelievable. I mean, I bought a PS3 for the sole reason of playing it... and I'm not some rich guy who has lots of spare money to throw around.. I am a poor college student. but this franchise is THAT good.

and this:

admittedly, that was a bit over the top and disrespectful to the developers. I am sorry for my comments SCEA- I love you, I adore you, you are my one and only's.

# 73 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/25/10 04:33 AM
Look all. We are all passionate about our views and this game. The devs are passionate about their baby as well. That much is clear in their work. We just need to express ourseleves in a more constructive and diplomatic manner. And not get too frustrated while expressing that. Go in knowing that there will be people who have different focusses and views on the issues when engaging in the discourse.

Let's just have fun, this masterpiece is almost upon us.

# 74 MukaMuka @ 02/25/10 04:46 AM
To people complaining about Manny's batting stances, well at least Sony listened to all you all and did something (no matter how accurate/inaccurate it is, I have no clue to be honest).

I have been begging them to fix Ichiro's stance and/or add his running swing (last seen in MVP Baseball) EVERY SINGLE YEAR and he still has the same freakin stance from his rookie year. Now thats messed up treatment for a legendary future Hall of Famer and the face of MLB in all Asian countries.

# 75 PsychoBulk @ 02/25/10 06:40 AM
Absolutely beautiful, no less than i expected.

Add in the RTP and Broady Cam and this thing is going to be something else in motion.

Kudos to SCEA - you have done it again

# 76 Woodweaver @ 02/25/10 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
The batting stance argument is worn out. Tim I suggest sending a PM to Chris and breaking down to him all the players you want changed and how. These other guys baiting you bring absolutely nothing to the conversation and frankly, just need to be ignored.

Would be neat to have a community member go out there(on their own dime) and do the mo-cap work. It would at least be appreciated by some of us!
I think the guy who complains the loudest, most often, and most rudely should win this "honor". I'm sure it would be very educational for him, and the results would be hilarious! I wouldn't be able to wait to hear the feedback here about his efforts....

# 77 Craigsca @ 02/25/10 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetercanoturn2
They have an in game ticker in this game!! That's enough right there for me LOL I'm still blown away over that.
Where physically is the ticker? Does it only show when the game is paused? What does it show, scores of other games in franchise mode? What about season mode?

Thanks!

# 78 stealyerface @ 02/25/10 10:20 AM
Okay I'll chime in...

One of the things that I really loved about the MVP series was the fact that the offset angle of the batting camera really made the lefty/righty matchup something that actually meant something. Forget the stats, forget the splits on who hits which pitcher, the straight-on camera from the catcher's mask did nothing to make it any tougher to "see" the ball and hit the button to swing at it.

This video showed the reason that, in the late innings, one might pinch hit that right handed batter to face the lefty, so that the person playing the game uses the righty/lefty advantage for themselves, as well as the stats as dictated by the virtual player in the batter's box. The camera angle now looks more like the view from the umpires mask, as he sits over the opposite shoulder of the catcher. I love it.

The throw from Rollins showed off some of the new physics and possibly a bit of the player ratings playing a part in the throw. Jimmy nails the landing and makes the stop, but that throw, unless you are Ken Caminiti, is going to be tough to get some power behind with a foot planted behind you, and from one knee. I was glad to see that the throw was just not a step late, it was 2 1/2 steps late. As it should be.

Love the broadcast view on defense, if just for a fleeting second or two. Especially like the replay where the camera zooms in on the play made in foul territory and shows a close up of the third baseman making the play. Very similar to a TV presentation shot, and I get the impression the fellas in the broadcast truck are switching the camera shots for the replay angles... awesome.

****Cannot wait for this game...

Tried to bribe a BB employee to give up the Kiosk Disc for $100... He said he would let me know....

syf

# 79 Pistolero @ 02/25/10 10:30 AM
Good thing they've got Halladay's delivery right to a T this time and also Manny's!! In 09 they were both off a little off but not by much but in 10 you can defenitely tell it's dead on accurate. Man, Tuesday here I come and cant wait to see what else has improved and changed.

# 80 Knight165 @ 02/25/10 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigsca
Where physically is the ticker? Does it only show when the game is paused? What does it show, scores of other games in franchise mode? What about season mode?

Thanks!

The ticker drops down from the linescore when it wants to relay the info.
It will stay static if the info fits...it will scroll when it is more info.
From Community Day I saw....Game time and temp and skies...the umpire crew...base coaches...pitch count...scorers decisions.....league leaders for many catagories...and Kolbe has just told us that more has been added and from what I was asking at the CD....it is franchise scores.
You also get a box overlay in between innings of the out of town scores....I think it was in between 3/4.......6/7 and then the end of the game.
All of this...I LOVE! DYNAMIC FRANCHISE!!!

M.K.
Knight165

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.