Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

Here are some more Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshots. These show off the sliders, options and camera views.

Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/25/10 06:00 AM
What a beautiful thread to wake-up to... Thanks Steve

# 2 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/25/10 06:07 AM
Well this should be interesting as they have modified the Hitting Sliders.

# 3 ExtremeGamer @ 02/25/10 06:10 AM
A lot of sliders and camera options, very nice.

# 4 nemesis04 @ 02/25/10 06:16 AM
There is weather in the game? Or is it just a sunny/cloudy type thing?

Also, I did not see a slider for arm strength, I saw something for the meter but just curious if there is an adjustment besides edits.

# 5 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/25/10 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
There is weather in the game? Or is it just a sunny/cloudy type thing?

Also, I did not see a slider for arm strength, I saw something for the meter but just curious if there is an adjustment besides edits.
Saw this also.. No slider for Throw Speed = Arm Strengths tweaks via Rosters.. Unless Arm Strength is tied into the Throw Meter (doubt-it)

# 6 tsp120 @ 02/25/10 07:23 AM
What is 'Hurry up baseball'?

# 7 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/25/10 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsp120
What is 'Hurry up baseball'?
It removes most of the Real-Time Presentation aspect of the game

# 8 tsp120 @ 02/25/10 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
It removes most of the Real-Time Presentation aspect of the game
Gotcha, thanks.

# 9 BigBlue @ 02/25/10 07:36 AM
Looks similar to last year's sliders. I don't see a slider for the CPU AI to take a strike, foul ball slider, etc. similar to what was in the game 2 years ago.

Hopefully with the attention paid to pitcher/batter confrontation and the new defensive swing mechanics, we'll have more realistic pitch counts, etc.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

BigBlue

# 10 bonannogiovanni @ 02/25/10 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue
Looks similar to last year's sliders. I don't see a slider for the CPU AI to take a strike, foul ball slider, etc. similar to what was in the game 2 years ago.

Hopefully with the attention paid to pitcher/batter confrontation and the new defensive swing mechanics, we'll have more realistic pitch counts, etc.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

BigBlue
I hope so, otherwise it would be a huge bummer for me not to have a foul ball slider.

# 11 Blazzen @ 02/25/10 08:34 AM
looks like sliders were removed and things were simplified a bit. This is a good thing if the default sliders play well (which they did in the demo). This will be a really bad thing if the default sliders do not play well.

I noticed the batting success slider is gone. Maybe having 3 sliders for batting is too much so that it's difficult to get a good combination. Take out 1 variable and it's easier to get solid sliders.

At least, that's what I'm hoping.

# 12 Bob Digital @ 02/25/10 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazzen
I noticed the batting success slider is gone. Maybe having 3 sliders for batting is too much so that it's difficult to get a good combination. Take out 1 variable and it's easier to get solid sliders.
I agree with ya. In my opinion, not having a " batting success " slider is big stride in the right direction. I don't think it's a good idea to have success sliders in a sports video game and I think gameplay should depend on the person playing and the player's attributes.

# 13 The Living Legend @ 02/25/10 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Saw this also.. No slider for Throw Speed = Arm Strengths tweaks via Rosters.. Unless Arm Strength is tied into the Throw Meter (doubt-it)
As a huge baseball fan and 360 owner, i am pissed off that this is not in there when it was a Huge Concern last year as well as previous years.

I just dont understand why this slider cannot be put in as well a infielder throw speed. It doesnt make any sense its like they want to piss the people off that see this as a problem, which is quite a few people.

# 14 The Living Legend @ 02/25/10 09:40 AM
Forgot to add what was written correlates with Doubles and other extra base hits and infield hits as well. Throwing accuracy which i did not see in there, which i am hoping is related to the throwing meter, is a huge factor as well MVP had this i dont understand why this game doesnt.

# 15 Blazzen @ 02/25/10 10:25 AM
Throw speed seemed fairly accurate. People underestimate how hard these outfielders and infielders can throw.

What is a bit inaccurate is how accurate they can throw, which, the throw meter influence will fix.

# 16 thornie @ 02/25/10 10:31 AM
Looks like there is no Cursor/Zone hitting option this year. Bummer. Cursor + stick is what I used all last year and loved it.

# 17 rckabillyRaider @ 02/25/10 10:32 AM
Will this year have an auto fielding option like the other game? Didn't see that in those screens.

# 18 econoodle @ 02/25/10 10:49 AM
no, there is no weather, via rain or rain outs, which is odd because they had it in the older versions

# 19 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/25/10 10:59 AM
The encouraging thing about OF/IF Arm Strength is they can be edited, so this does take away some of the sting of not having an Arm Strength/Speed Sliders.

Some things that are encouraging are the ability to remove a lot of the on screen stuff:

Now this section of Presentation is interesting. Why ask for Height/Weight/Date/Time?

The other thing I noticed is there's no option for Cursor Hitting?

# 20 RGmoney @ 02/25/10 11:10 AM
Joe, are you talking about the option to use Classic/Cursor Hitting? Last year the Hitting method was changed under "Controller Setup". Clicking the Left-Stick brought up the screen for changing Hitting/Pitching methods.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.