Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

Here are some more Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshots. These show off the sliders, options and camera views.

Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Bwnarrow3 @ 02/25/10 07:57 PM
There's no slider for sensitivity of the pitch meter. Way too easy to pitch with pinpoint accuracy in the demo...

Did I miss anything?

# 42 asu666 @ 02/25/10 08:48 PM
Thanks for the screens. I'm hoping for a default view for play batting and pitching. Home and Away stinks because I have to pause and change the settings ever time I go on the road or come home.

# 43 havana @ 02/25/10 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared

Very nice.
Yeah very nice,we can have different cam view,but I hope once we change it we don't have to re-set it again every time we play.

# 44 Bahnzo @ 02/25/10 10:59 PM
No slider for foul balls, no sliders for take/swing at pitches, no arm strength, and seemingly nothing to make pitching harder is worrisome. I was hoping for something that allowed you to adjust how precise gestures needed to be for pitching.

2K has usually been pretty good with providing sliders, but there are some things missing that by rights outta be there. And since all the difficulty levels really are is slider settings, I don't expect we'll be able to get guys to take more pitches or act more intelligently just by raising the difficulty. We shouldn't have to edit the whole game to adjust this stuff.

# 45 therizing02 @ 02/25/10 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
No slider for foul balls, no sliders for take/swing at pitches, no arm strength, and seemingly nothing to make pitching harder is worrisome. I was hoping for something that allowed you to adjust how precise gestures needed to be for pitching.

2K has usually been pretty good with providing sliders, but there are some things missing that by rights outta be there. And since all the difficulty levels really are is slider settings, I don't expect we'll be able to get guys to take more pitches or act more intelligently just by raising the difficulty. We shouldn't have to edit the whole game to adjust this stuff.
Bahnzo,

I/We can understand your skepticism. I think we're going to be mildly surprised this year with pitch counts and the pitcher/hitter battles. This is the meat of their marketing and the key feature this year you would think that it would be spot on. I applaud them for choosing this and not some gimmicky nonsense because it's the heart and soul of a MLB game.

It looks like the Pitch Meter Speed slider will make things more difficult. We have also heard on several occasions that ratings will play a huge part in Batter's Eye, pitching control, etc. This will all lead to higher pitch counts, more competitive realistic battles, foul balls, and if it's working correctly will separate the elite, from the average, to the poor players in the league.

It's what we as SIM gamers have always wanted, a game that plays to the ratings of the players. Not just speed and quickness, but ALL ratings. Because if they all did there would be no need for sliders...ever.

I'm giving 2K the benefit of the doubt right now.....

# 46 SeerMagicX @ 02/26/10 01:13 AM
Another big disappointment. These lack of sliders are unable to fix the game's broken gameplay.

# 47 Bahnzo @ 02/26/10 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Bahnzo,

I/We can understand your skepticism.
We'll see. From everything I've read and seen so far, I have doubts that 2K has made any significant advances towards making MLB2k a SIM series. For them to achieve that, they need to fight off the marketing people about back of the box features and concentrate for one development cycle on the gameplay itself.

I always have my hopes for them, and with the game in new(ish) hands it looks like it's come forwards. Unfortunately they are going to be trying to overcome the mess that Brinkman left them with for the rest of this consoles lifecycle.

# 48 Steel5 @ 02/26/10 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
Are we able to save our own custom camera views this year?
Oh yeah I forgot about this. This is important. I am not trying to set my cameras before every single game.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.