Home
MLB 10 News Post

Playstation.Blog has posted another MLB '10: The Show blog. This one comes with a Joe Mauer trailer, themes and Best Buy demo information.

Quote:
"Last, but certainly not least for those of you who simply cannot wait until launch day to play The Show Best Buy’s “Play It First” program is here for you. At select Best Buy locations across the country (845 participating in all), the “Play It First” section of the store will be reserved specifically for MLB 10 The Show. Here, you’ll be able to take the game out for a test ride. Best of all this program has already started, so you can start playing the game today. Check to see if your local Best Buy is participating in this new program."

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ps2king @ 02/25/10 09:12 AM
This is not the way to sell your product.. A Best Buy demo, really? What about PSN? Really stupid.

# 2 Bob Digital @ 02/25/10 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2king
This is not the way to sell your product.. A Best Buy demo, really? What about PSN? Really stupid.
I kind of agree with this. I don't understand why there's no demo on the PSN. They probably have a decent reason, but I'd like to know what it is.

# 3 El_MaYiMbE @ 02/25/10 09:27 AM
Its an advertising ploy. Best Buy probably paid SCEA to allow them to get the game first. Chances are if your in Best Buy for The Show you might pick something else up, and chances are you will be back to purchase it at Best Buy as well.

# 4 Bob Digital @ 02/25/10 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
Its an advertising ploy. Best Buy probably paid SCEA to allow them to get the game first. Chances are if your in Best Buy for The Show you might pick something else up, and chances are you will be back to purchase it at Best Buy as well.
Something like this crossed my mind.. I just thought they would've announced this earlier than now.

# 5 drolouis @ 02/25/10 09:57 AM
That still does not explain the non release of a demo by now. Most people who visit best buy will not do so for the sole purpuse of playing the demo, thus rendering the decision to have pre release gameplay exclusively at best buy pointless. By not releasing a demo on psn, they will indeed lose some potential first time and second time buyers. We here at OS will get the game regardless. If they have a marketing deal with best buy, they may have figured that the monetary value from the deal would exceed the profit from potential customers lost by not releasing the demo on psn.

# 6 DiddyGotGrillz @ 02/25/10 10:00 AM
Love that play at the end.

# 7 Rebel10 @ 02/25/10 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Digital
I kind of agree with this. I don't understand why there's no demo on the PSN. They probably have a decent reason, but I'd like to know what it is.
Best Buy likely paid for "Play It First" exclusivity. If they had a demo on PSN then the name of Best Buys program would be a bit of a joke. That being said, it still peeves me. I'm not very good at the show, so I wanted to get in some practice before the main game comes out on Tuesday ... it might just be four days, but it would have helped get me ready for it. Disapointed that SCEA took this route.

# 8 WaywardDog @ 02/25/10 10:56 AM
demo at home 100%, im sure most would agree since the game comes out Tues. We just want a taste.

# 9 econoodle @ 02/25/10 11:00 AM
Chiming in,

Didnt SCEA say countless times, that the demo was complete, sent out to sony and was now in their hands?
If that was the case, I don't see how BB getting it as an exclusive can be true. For if Sony hadn't gotten it out, it would have beaten BB to the punch.

Also, there are plenty of people who don't have a BB near them, or are not old enough to drive or what have you.

Those people would be SOL in that case.

Just some thoughts.

# 10 Knight165 @ 02/25/10 11:01 AM
I'll be honest....I've played the game already....for quite some time and because of that....I don't need the demo...
But if it came down to having to go to BB(the closest one to me is 45 minutes away....I moved to the sticks a few years ago....and the only other way would be going to or coming home from work(not happening. )...or playing in my office whenever I want...I'd want to play the demo.
I'd be fiendin' for it quite honestly....but like I said....since I already know what the game is like...the only thing I can say is RRRRUUUUUUSSSSEEELLLLLLLLL.....where is my copy?

That said...we have to deal with what we have to deal with.
Don't sweat the small stuff!

M.K.
Knight165

# 11 Doormat @ 02/25/10 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiddyGotGrillz
Love that play at the end.

I don't

# 12 blindgface88 @ 02/25/10 11:02 AM
Can March 2nd, come any slower?!

# 13 econoodle @ 02/25/10 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heater41
I walked into a Best Buy on Long Island early last week and tried to pre-order both The Show and MLB 2K10. I was informed that they ARE NOT taking pre-orders in the store and I would have to go online and pre-order. So, what did I do? Ran across the street to Gamestop who I really hate using and pre-ordered both there and paid them in full.

Running a promo with a store like Best Buy, where you cannot pre-order in the store makes absolutely no sense to me.
I'll just wait until Tuesday and pick up my copies and say heck with the demo. Not a smart move by The Show marketing department.
Agreed, i thought that was odd as well.
When i was there playing, the worker came up glowing bout the game and said March 2nd, aint this hot, March 2nd baby!
Then someone asked if they can get it preordered, he said, 'yea, online!'

I did LOL.

# 14 Doormat @ 02/25/10 11:05 AM
Now a real reply here

I don't know what's going on this year
March is going slow as ever than any other year
I don't know WHY Best Buy, of course I'm going there next Tuesday
but seriously, A DEMO!?!? I thought PSN was gonna get their hands on those. I'm really mad but It'll go away when the clock ticks 4 days

# 15 Mr. Franchise @ 02/25/10 01:14 PM
Got some Mikey Kay love in this vid.

# 16 TreyIM2 @ 02/25/10 01:20 PM
Ironically, I just happened to stop by a BB, last night, and noticed two BB employees playing it. When I asked if it was a demo they said it was the actual full game. I hopped on for a while. I started to post about this last night but just said, "Meh..." but the game is great, as usual. I dig the improved crowd animations and lower amounts of repeated attendees.

Now, admittedly, I've owned the last 2 games, and still have 09 but I don't really get that into them. I'm not much of a baseball guy to begin with but one thing I noticed was how the crowd intensity was on a whole notha level when I loaded the bases in the new Yankee Stadium against the Mets. I was the Yanks, of course but the crowd noise was BANANAS with the levels of intensity when Jeter came up to bat, having the potential to crash a slam. The way the noise ebbed and flowed in between pitches and after swings and such was UNREAL!! Wooo, I was blown away and I don't know if was that way in 09. I'll pop it in after a good hour or so with Heavy Rain.

# 17 Blzer @ 02/25/10 01:23 PM
I just wanted to clarify (I only saw the first few posts) that Best Buy has the complete version of the game, i.e. there is a disc inside their system. It is not a demo, and it is not on the hard drive.

We'll get ours soon enough (today to be hopeful).

# 18 Russell_SCEA @ 02/25/10 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drolouis
That still does not explain the non release of a demo by now. Most people who visit best buy will not do so for the sole purpuse of playing the demo, thus rendering the decision to have pre release gameplay exclusively at best buy pointless. By not releasing a demo on psn, they will indeed lose some potential first time and second time buyers. We here at OS will get the game regardless. If they have a marketing deal with best buy, they may have figured that the monetary value from the deal would exceed the profit from potential customers lost by not releasing the demo on psn.

It's simple we could have worked on getting that demo out earlier or spent that time fine tuning the game, making last minute changes, and fixing more bugs. Which one would you rather have?

# 19 Chef Matt @ 02/25/10 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauk25

LITTLE did they know that, the repeat repeaters would be hogging up all the consoles at the kiosks at Best Buy so the newer customers couldnt try it out.
So true!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
It's simple we could have worked on getting that demo out earlier or spent that time fine tuning the game, making last minute changes, and fixing more bugs. Which one would you rather have?
The latter.

# 20 Electron Blue @ 02/25/10 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
I could have sworn that in the past you'd said the demo is made by the marketing people and doesn't have an effect on development -- I might be mistaken though.

edit: I'm thinking now that it was either regarding something else (videos maybe), or at least another person saying it, so (maybe) nevermind

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.