Home
MLB 10 News Post

Playstation.Blog has posted another MLB '10: The Show blog. This one comes with a Joe Mauer trailer, themes and Best Buy demo information.

Quote:
"Last, but certainly not least for those of you who simply cannot wait until launch day to play The Show Best Buy’s “Play It First” program is here for you. At select Best Buy locations across the country (845 participating in all), the “Play It First” section of the store will be reserved specifically for MLB 10 The Show. Here, you’ll be able to take the game out for a test ride. Best of all this program has already started, so you can start playing the game today. Check to see if your local Best Buy is participating in this new program."

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Russell_SCEA @ 02/25/10 01:57 PM
[quote=Rich Yung Stars;2040781075]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
It's simple we could have worked on getting that demo out earlier or spent that time fine tuning the game, making last minute changes, and fixing more bugs. Which one would you rather have?[/

no demo wow what about the rest of the people who did not go to best buy is not fair oh well. ill just buy the game..
Thats a question for marketing we don't control things like that.

# 22 Stormyhog @ 02/25/10 02:10 PM
Not a smart move by Sony as your supposed to get the demo out to as many people as possible and that's what the PSN store is for to promote your game. Well Best Buy won't be getting my money for the game as I don't want this to set a trend with other games and also I do it just to spite them.

# 23 Tatz666 @ 02/25/10 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindgface88
Can March 2nd, come any slower?!
man, you ain't kidding. feels like 5 months, not days

# 24 Galvatron @ 02/25/10 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
Not a smart move by Sony as your supposed to get the demo out to as many people as possible and that's what the PSN store is for to promote your game. Well Best Buy won't be getting my money for the game as I don't want this to set a trend with other games and also I do it just to spite them.
I just wanna elaborate on the bolded part of this quote a bit. If this was an alternate way of advertising the game by getting non-die hards to purchase,then fine. As it's been said the vast majority of us here are without a shadow of a doubt buying this game on launch day,guaranteed. What I'm worried about is how this might be percepted by other game developers. Right now, the PSN network is miles behind Xbox Live and it's because of things like less advertising, interactivity, and other content. If this does start to happen more often with other games then it indeed makes PS network more and more obsolete, and that WON'T be beneficial for Sony at all in the bigger scheme of things(console wars,sales,3rd place) Just my .02

# 25 manny7788 @ 02/25/10 02:48 PM
When I was playing at best buy, I had many people ask what game it is, when it came out, and stuffs like that. A lot of people were impressed by the show. Also, many of them said that they were going buy the game. So basically this marketing strategy is working.

# 26 bukktown @ 02/25/10 02:56 PM
why does everybody think that BB paid Sony? Seems like theopposite would have to happen to get such a preemo instore thing like this.

# 27 myghty @ 02/25/10 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiddyGotGrillz
Love that play at the end.
Yeah, that was a good play.

# 28 GimmeAD @ 02/25/10 03:02 PM
Was really hoping for a demo today. Not because I doubt the quality of the game but because I just want to try it out sooo bad. Whether a demo came out or not this game was still gonna be in my hands 12:01AM on March 2nd.

Unfortunately for me no BB by me has it out to play.

# 29 K_GUN @ 02/25/10 03:10 PM
so...how do i know--without driving---that my BB store is one of the 845?

# 30 antifanboy @ 02/25/10 03:12 PM
i hate going to Best Buy...I cant stand the stupid immature kids who hang out there and the rude, unhelpful employees.

That said, I dont have a problem with the demo not being released at all.

# 31 GimmeAD @ 02/25/10 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
so...how do i know--without driving---that my BB store is one of the 845?
Call and ask?

# 32 bukktown @ 02/25/10 03:24 PM
I feel like a complete dork standing in Best Buy playing a videogame

# 33 GimmeAD @ 02/25/10 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
I feel like a complete dork standing in Best Buy playing a videogame
At least it's a sports game and not Final Fantasy or something.

# 34 CommunityCollege @ 02/25/10 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vols bravesfan
Some of you guys need to stop complaining. Would you rather go to best buy and play a demo that has everything on it or play at home with a demo that's just Yankees vs. Phillies?
That's a dumb question....

it's like asking "would you drive/walk to Best Buy in the cold/snowy weather in front of a kiosk that has a controller 5 inches away from the screen and has been touched by everyone, mostly people with germs and all other kinds of viruses.

or would you stay at home, where it's warm and comfortable and you can play the demo whenever you want how many times you want before you buy the full game.

# 35 bukktown @ 02/25/10 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeAD
At least it's a sports game and not Final Fantasy or something.
LOL good point

# 36 blinkfan77 @ 02/25/10 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommunityCollege
That's a dumb question....

it's like asking "would you drive/walk to Best Buy in the cold/snowy weather in front of a kiosk that has a controller 5 inches away from the screen and has been touched by everyone, mostly people with germs and all other kinds of viruses.

or would you stay at home, where it's warm and comfortable and you can play the demo whenever you want how many times you want before you buy the full game.
This. I don't care about the teams or the length, I just want the gameplay.

Suggesting that people would rather have no home demo, in exchange for a full game at a store we have to drive to and HOPE that when we get there nobody is playing it. Like the previous poster said, it's a crappy situation.

Home demo by far. Silly idea on your part.

# 37 Tommyklaid @ 02/25/10 03:58 PM
The demo was going to be a VERRRRRRY early build anyway - it was going to be a build even BEFORE the Community Day Event, so I am not upset in the very least.

If anything, I believe the "demo" would have TURNED-OFF casual gamers seeing as though the build is early and they would have criticized EVERYTHING - and WE know that the FINAL build was going to ACE it all.

So, I think its a strategic marketing technique that will have SCEA prevailing in the end due to the abundance of anticipation for this game. People will buy and will LOVE!

I KNOW I WILL!!!

# 38 scooteristkai @ 02/25/10 04:02 PM
No BestBuy in Europe, sooo....

# 39 HoodedSoldier @ 02/25/10 04:33 PM
Bestbuy noho has the demo in now fellas and the store is empty today due to the snow. I've watched 2 cpu games and my mets have beaten the yanks 3-1 and the red sox 6-0 woohoo. Game looks great.

# 40 Clarityman @ 02/25/10 06:11 PM
Here's the thing. With this exclusivity deal, I will pretty much refuse to buy anything from Best Buy about a year.

When Gamestop does exclusive deals, I refuse to buy from them as well. I now shop almost exclusively (ha) at other gaming stores. I hope to inspire others to do this too so that these aggressive, insulting, and wearisome marketing tactics backfire on the corporate giants-- even if it's just a little bit.

EDIT: For the record, I won't be buying new content from PSN for a while either!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.