Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

Check out the Major League Baseball 2K10 video, which shows off some of the audio you can expect from the game.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Blzer @ 02/26/10 11:30 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about it. That pitch count isn't even possible when they've only scored three runs in that much time, let alone that many balls being thrown (think about it, even if he straight up walked in three runs and those other two guys, that's still only 32 pitches). Then he would have to run very high counts on every other batter where they would have had to foul him off up the wah-zoo. It looks like this is the 10th batter of the game for the Mets, so he would have had to average almost six strikes per batter, meaning they would have had to foul off just far too many for this.

Like someone said, it's probably just a place-holder (whatever that is). This seems to be a non-issue.

# 42 Smitty730 @ 02/26/10 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I wouldn't worry too much about it. That pitch count isn't even possible when they've only scored three runs in that much time, let alone that many balls being thrown (think about it, even if he straight up walked in three runs and those other two guys, that's still only 32 pitches). Then he would have to run very high counts on every other batter where they would have had to foul him off up the wah-zoo. It looks like this is the 10th batter of the game for the Mets, so he would have had to average almost six strikes per batter, meaning they would have had to foul off just far too many for this.

Like someone said, it's probably just a place-holder (whatever that is). This seems to be a non-issue.
What if it's the result of 20-pitch at-bats? With the emphasis on the pitcher vs. hitter battle, a new glitch might arise. Fingers are crossed that's not the case.

# 43 Bob Digital @ 02/26/10 01:04 PM
What do you guys mean when you say it's a place holder ? Does that mean they pasted it into the movie ? I just don't understand what place holder means.

# 44 basehead617 @ 02/26/10 02:12 PM
it's a developer video.. who knows what debug stuff they were doing up to that point in the game, maybe testing foulballs or something, its not like they just filmed some joe off the street playing a normal game..

# 45 SoxFan01605 @ 02/26/10 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty730
What if it's the result of 20-pitch at-bats? With the emphasis on the pitcher vs. hitter battle, a new glitch might arise. Fingers are crossed that's not the case.
Then you wouldn't have so many balls. It would be a ton of foul balls which are strikes for the pitch count. 40-45% of the pitch count were balls. It really looks like it's just an overlay glitch (kinda like in the other game there were times when your entire pitch count was shown for the first inning or 2K9 where it would show "216" for the year).

It could be frustrating if it's an actual overlay bug and they have a lot of overlay issues, but I don't see it being a game play related glitch.

# 46 Bob Digital @ 02/26/10 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617
it's a developer video.. who knows what debug stuff they were doing up to that point in the game, maybe testing foulballs or something, its not like they just filmed some joe off the street playing a normal game..
Yea, who knows, right ? I guess you do to some extent.

# 47 DaveDQ @ 03/01/10 01:16 PM

# 48 RGmoney @ 03/01/10 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
MLB Today at work. Awesome stuff.

# 49 DaveDQ @ 03/01/10 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGmoney
MLB Today at work. Awesome stuff.
Yeah, this is very impressive. I don't think a game has done something like this yet. It makes everything else look and sound so aged.

# 50 RGmoney @ 03/01/10 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Yeah, this is very impressive. I don't think a game has done something like this yet. It makes everything else look and sound so aged.
Agree. Kudos to VC in this department. Looks and sounds better than NBA Today.

Will make the grind of playing a season all that more enjoyable.

# 51 Jistic @ 03/01/10 01:41 PM
Amazing!

Good luck to the Madden team this year!

# 52 RoyalBoyle78 @ 03/01/10 02:38 PM
wow, I'm getting it after work for sure. Game looks really great his year.

# 53 Jamin23 @ 03/01/10 02:46 PM
2k is really doing something revolutionary with their commentary this year.

# 54 cubsfan203 @ 03/01/10 02:49 PM
That last video was really impressive. Hopefully those things don't get too repetitive in franchise though.

# 55 mwjr @ 03/01/10 03:10 PM
So as the year(s) progress in a franchise, will those 2009 stats be replaced by the respective previous year's stats?

# 56 NumberOneRB @ 03/01/10 03:13 PM
I can't get over how impressive the presentation/commentary is.

# 57 basehead617 @ 03/01/10 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
So as the year(s) progress in a franchise, will those 2009 stats be replaced by the respective previous year's stats?
yes

# 58 Knight165 @ 03/01/10 03:28 PM
That's awesome!

M.K.
Knight165

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.