Home
MLB 10 News Post

Just to keep everyone up to date on the whereabouts of the MLB '10: The Show demo. Thanks for the confirmation Chris.

Quote:
"I am not sure what purpose would be served by misleading you. We said there will be a demo....and there will be a demo. The simple fact is....The demo HAS been completed....the demo HAS been submitted for approval and posting. We, as devs of the game, have absolutely ZERO control as to when it gets approved or posted."

*UPDATE: From one of the admins at The Show Community.

Quote:
"Just saw this there is no demo today or one before release."

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 CS10029 @ 02/25/10 05:18 PM
Seems sorta aggrivated in his tone...

# 2 Steve_OS @ 02/25/10 05:19 PM
Wouldn't you? LOL. It's on Sony, not them. But yet, they get the majority of the blame.

# 3 Speedy @ 02/25/10 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS10029
B/c people keep acting like it's the devs fault when the opposite is true. I'm not worried about the demo though...I'd rather as much time be spent on completion of the game (glitches, bugs cleaned out) as possible.

# 4 countryboy @ 02/25/10 05:20 PM
Quote:
do you blame him?

People are acting extremely immature over a simple demo. All because its not been released when they feel its appropriate.

# 5 Motown @ 02/25/10 05:23 PM
Can i ask Ramone, Chris,or anyone w/ SCEA...what's the difference between the BB Demo(builds) & the PSN demo? thanks

# 6 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/25/10 05:24 PM
Playing a little Devil's Advocate here, but....

wouldn't them submitting it sooner = Sony releasing it sooner? I mean, last year we had it at least 2 weeks before the games release, right? How do we know that SCEA didn't handcuff Sony by not submitting it until the 11th hour, and then say "Well, we submitted to Sony, so blame them".

Just like you can't send something out in the mail a day before it is due and then blame the mail company for not delivering it on time when in fact the person sending it waited until the last minute.

# 7 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/25/10 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24

wouldn't them submitting it sooner = Sony releasing it sooner? I mean, last year we had it at least 2 weeks before the games release, right? How do we know that SCEA didn't handcuff Sony by not submitting it until the 11th hour, and then say "Well, we submitted to Sony, so blame them".

Just like you can't send something out in the mail a day before it is due and then blame the mail company for not delivering it on time when in fact the person sending it waited until the last minute.

Do we really need conspiracy theories to stir up unwanted emotions, and blame?

# 8 Chris_SCEA_Sports @ 02/25/10 05:26 PM
Quote:
I just wanted to try and set the record straight. There will be a demo. We just don't have control over when it gets posted. The PSN team has their own schedule, etc. and there isn't much we can do to change the process.

Also, as I understand it, review copies were sent out the same time this year as they were last year.

Chris

# 9 countryboy @ 02/25/10 05:27 PM
Quote:

they said back on the 19th that they had completed and submitted the demo to Sony.

Now if we want to call them liars...well then I guess we could.

# 10 Bahnzo @ 02/25/10 05:27 PM
I admit that it's disappointing that the demo will not be released before the game. I'm not sure that makes a lot of sense.

Also, seeing as the "S" in SCEA stands for Sony, you'd think Sony would bust their butts to make sure this thing was available today. Must be frustrating for the San Diego guys to have the demo ready only to watch their parent company twiddle their thumbs in releasing it.

# 11 Abnormal101 @ 02/25/10 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
do you blame him?

People are acting extremely immature over a simple demo. All because its not been released when they feel its appropriate.
I could careless about a Demo, i mean i'm buying the game regardless. But the demo is more for people who haven't played previous versions. We know there's no questioning the quality of the game but others who haven't played dont trust SCEA yet because they haven't played previous version, so i dont blame those gamers for getting mad.

# 12 countryboy @ 02/25/10 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnormal101
I could careless about a Demo, i mean i'm buying the game regardless. But the demo is more for people who haven't played previous versions. We know there's no questioning the quality of the game but others who haven't played dont trust SCEA yet because they haven't played previous version, so i dont blame those gamers for getting mad.
but there WILL BE a demo. So they will get a chance to play it before shelling out the money.

# 13 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/25/10 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Do we really need conspiracy theories to stir up unwanted emotions, and blame?
Conspiracy theories? Can I not play devil's advocate and maybe stick up for Sony? Is this hard hitting investigating?

# 14 countryboy @ 02/25/10 05:30 PM
Quote:
Conspiracy theories? Can I not play devil's advocate and maybe stick up for Sony? Is this hard hitting investigating?
so you want to believe that the devs are lying to us?

# 15 JoeRyan33 @ 02/25/10 05:30 PM
There's a game of pass the buck going on here.

It's disappointing as a gamer and a consumer.

# 16 Abnormal101 @ 02/25/10 05:30 PM
Quote:

You do pose a good point. Did SCEA maybe drop the ball by not submitting it a lot early, probably but for most PS3 owners, we really dont care cause we know we're going to get quality. The most the lack of demo can do is delay additional sales because you'll have those gamers that were waiting for the demo to decide whether to buy it or not, delay their decision until the demo is released.

# 17 Chris_SCEA_Sports @ 02/25/10 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Can i ask Ramone, Chris,or anyone w/ SCEA...what's the difference between the BB Demo(builds) & the PSN demo? thanks
You can ask us, but I honestly don't know. We send builds for review, demo, etc...and the code changes constantly. I think some of the Community Day guys can attest to the fact that the code changes pretty quickly! That isn't to say there are not people on the team that know for sure, because obviously there are....but I am not one of them. I can tell you we changed Soriano's stance this year!

Chris

# 18 CS10029 @ 02/25/10 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Wouldn't you? LOL. It's on Sony, not them. But yet, they get the majority of the blame.
Yeah, I would most likely. It is the job of SCEA to make this game though. Not too be touchy with the customer base, haha.

Regardless, I already played the 2K demo so I'll be getting The Show regardless if the demo ever comes out. Which it will, just next Thursday, .

# 19 Abnormal101 @ 02/25/10 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
so you want to believe that the devs are lying to us?
Who knows, in all fairness, unless you know the developers personally or unless you were involved with the development process, you can't say for sure if they did or not.

# 20 Clarityman @ 02/25/10 05:32 PM
The reason people are "being immature" is because they have a deep love for the game, have been waiting months to simply try it, and keep believing they'll get a little taste in the form of a demo and then it doesn't happen.

It's just frustrating, that's all. Given the love for The Show, which we certainly all understand, and the hard work of the mods, I think there's been a respectable degree of self control.

Personally, I don't blame anybody, because I don't know WHO is to blame. But I'm a consumer who bought three copies of 09 (one for myself two for friends), two copies of 08 (one for my sister) and one of 07. I've been a loyal fan of the series for years. All I want is a chance to try 10 before buying it. And I thought today would be the day. I know I'll end up buying it first chance I get anyway. I know no promises were made, but I hoped just becausewe all heard it was finished. I'm just saying, I can understand the frustration!

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.