Home
MLB 10 News Post

Just to keep everyone up to date on the whereabouts of the MLB '10: The Show demo. Thanks for the confirmation Chris.

Quote:
"I am not sure what purpose would be served by misleading you. We said there will be a demo....and there will be a demo. The simple fact is....The demo HAS been completed....the demo HAS been submitted for approval and posting. We, as devs of the game, have absolutely ZERO control as to when it gets approved or posted."

*UPDATE: From one of the admins at The Show Community.

Quote:
"Just saw this there is no demo today or one before release."

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 201 Randor2000 @ 02/26/10 10:34 PM
This is the greatest thread EVER! I have stopped looking at screenshots and videos. Instead, I come straight here for crackpot theories. This whole "when is the demo coming out" thing is now officially bigger than MLB 10. It needs it's own game. Maybe Best Buy can sponsor it.

You play as a SCEA staffer and you have to guide your character to Best Buy to drop off the in store demo while dodging insults and threats from Nerds, Fanboys & Trolls.

# 202 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/26/10 10:46 PM
This thread is this years "comeback code" ... yeah I said it!

# 203 Bob Digital @ 02/26/10 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
Can you offer any demo info Russ? Even as much as just if we can expect the demo in early February again like last year? It sure was nice gettin it so early..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russel_SCEA
About the same time as last year. Also I forgot to add this along with the new RTTS Catcher mode the entire catcher logic for all game modes was torn out of the game and re-written from scratch.
Sorry about that, guys.. I thought it was linking directly to the post above. Like I said, I was just answering a question. I am neutral on this topic.

# 204 SoxFan01605 @ 02/26/10 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Digital

Quote:

Originally Posted by beau21

Can you offer any demo info Russ? Even as much as just if we can expect the demo in early February again like last year? It sure was nice gettin it so early..

Sorry about that, guys.. I thought it was linking directly to the post above. Like I said, I was just answering a question. I am neutral on this topic.
No problem. It's unfortunate if this is why people are getting so bent out of shape though. I guess I could see why people were hoping for it sooner, but I suppose I viewed it as a more casual conversation (rather than "breaking news" so-to-speak).

It's the almost a downside to the developer's presence here, in a way. People tend to hang on their every word and intent gets twisted sometimes. It just seemed more like a "best guess" kind of response. Maybe that's just me though.

It's kind of like the player model thing in that regard. Someone from SCEA said "we hope to..." and everyone was geared up for it to happen this year. People were let down when nothing was promised.

Oh well. Thanks for clarifying.

# 205 Bob Digital @ 02/27/10 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
No problem. It's unfortunate if this is why people are getting so bent out of shape though. I guess I could see why people were hoping for it sooner, but I suppose I viewed it as a more casual conversation (rather than "breaking news" so-to-speak).
I feel the same way. That post was created on Jan. 5th, so like you said, it was more casual than " breaking news ". To his knowledge, back when he posted that, it probably was scheduled to be released early, but things changed.

I'll admit that I did wanna play a demo, but that was cause of my own selfish reasons, heh.. It's all good.

# 206 yanksfan72 @ 02/27/10 06:30 PM
I got a chance to play for about 25 min. this game is the best baseball game ever, so if you want the best baseball game ever buy it if you want the 2nd best baseball game ever buy last years version, if you want the 3rd best baseball game ever buy the show 08 if you want the 4th best baseball game ever buy 2k10

# 207 Bullit @ 02/27/10 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
This thread is this years "comeback code" ... yeah I said it!

I was thinking the same thing. The game will come out tuesday and there will be 200 post's by friday.

# 208 geezmeister @ 02/28/10 01:27 AM
cant wait till tuesday. Go Red Rox baby!

# 209 Jackdog @ 02/28/10 07:32 AM
Wow. Some of you guys really need to go outside and get some fresh air.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.