Home
MLB 10 News Post

Just to keep everyone up to date on the whereabouts of the MLB '10: The Show demo. Thanks for the confirmation Chris.

Quote:
"I am not sure what purpose would be served by misleading you. We said there will be a demo....and there will be a demo. The simple fact is....The demo HAS been completed....the demo HAS been submitted for approval and posting. We, as devs of the game, have absolutely ZERO control as to when it gets approved or posted."

*UPDATE: From one of the admins at The Show Community.

Quote:
"Just saw this there is no demo today or one before release."

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Randor2000 @ 02/25/10 05:50 PM
Honestly, from a business standpoint. If I were Sony I would never release a Demo before a game drops. Release it after the game drops so that if the game is crap or the demo build is not the best representation of the game, you still get the impatient early adopters to buy the game before the demo drops. I mean really anytime before the season starts would seem like a good time for a demo. As far as I know they will still be selling the game on March 3rd, 4th, 5th and so on.

This is not to say that The Show is a bad game and they are hiding the demo. (I played it in Best Buy today and it is every bit as quality as 09 and more) Just that they don't have to be in a rush because of the whims of a bunch of people who are going to run out and get it on the 2nd anyway.

As for the delay, I think you guys are thinking into things too much with some of the conspiracy theories. As someone who has worked in corporate America I find that all too often the only reason something is delayed is because there is a sheet of paper under someone's coffee mug that hasn't been signed off on yet.

Hey Peter....Whaaaat's Happening.

# 42 green94 @ 02/25/10 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
People are acting extremely immature over a simple demo. All because its not been released when they feel its appropriate.
To be fair to the people that are upset, I believe it was first stated that a demo would be out "around the same time as last year". Last year was the first week of Feb.

Personally, after that week I didn't care one way or the other... But I do understand why others are frosted.

# 43 JoeRyan33 @ 02/25/10 05:52 PM
I don't really see where people are "pointing fingers."

We read a lot on here how great it is that the developers are active. I agree, it's a definite positive on these forums. Which is all the more reason to use the forum to ask questions of the developers.

I'd certainly like to know if there was a deal struck with Best Buy and if that influenced the delay of the demo in any way. There is plenty of speculation right now, and it's a question that really should be addressed.

# 44 tazbk @ 02/25/10 05:52 PM
It doesn't matter because one way or another I will have the actual game before the demo. I will say that I'm starving for baseball like most of you (I lent my copy of '09 to a co-worker so he can bask in all of its glory. He said he is definitely by '10 now) but good grief.

# 45 Doormat @ 02/25/10 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
do you blame him?

People are acting extremely immature over a simple demo. All because its not been released when they feel its appropriate.
Agree.
I seriously don't want the demo, it's just 5 days away (or 4 to midnight release). Seriously, you guys are being so childish for a demo. Just buy the game

# 46 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/25/10 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnormal101
True i get what you're saying, but then again, why was this topic even started. The quote that was posted to start this topic was more to give an impression that the Developers did what they had to do. It also pretty much implies that its Sony who's holding the demo. So in a sense, the point of starting this topic was to take some of the heat off the developers for not posting the demo and putting some of that pressure on Sony.

Fact of the matter is, this topic shouldn't of had been started, we already know they submitted it, so whats the point of posting something we already know.
You are interpreting it as "Sony holding the demo", I am interpreting it as, "Sony has a schedule and they will not bump it up just because". Their PSN plans can be much larger (which appears there is more going on) this year than last year, thus the demo has to "wait in line".

I thought Chris was pretty clear on that. In no way did he point the finger, he just said they did their part, and Sony is doing theirs.

And he had to re-post it again, because a lot on here can not get that through their heads. Thinking selfishly more so than the bigger picture IMO.

# 47 kenkraly2004 @ 02/25/10 05:58 PM
Chris of SCEA , Quick question of the cleveland indians players in MLB 10 The Show have their pitching delverys and batting stances been changes in MLB 10 The Show? Thanks.

# 48 Abnormal101 @ 02/25/10 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
No, you are interpreting it as "Sony holding the demo", I am interpreting it as, "Sony has a schedule and they will not bump it up just because". Their PSN plans can be much larger (which appears there is more going on) this year than last year, thus the demo has to "wait in line".

I thought Chris was pretty clear on that.
I guess i interpreted it a different way, doesn't make you or I right. Again I can care less about a demo, just dissapoints me that this year there was a huge lack of info compared to last year and now a lack of Demo. The Game is Awesome but i really hope the way they release info or a demo doesn't resemble the way 2K does it. The good thing SCEA has in its favor is that they've delivered the best baseball game on any platform year after year.

But eventually if you tease fans this much or if you dont give them much until the release of the game, it will frustrate your fans big time. Some might not buy it because they're bitter and frustrated but some will be mad but still buy the game.

# 49 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/25/10 06:07 PM
Quote:
I guess i interpreted it a different way, doesn't make you or I right. Again I can care less about a demo, just dissapoints me that this year there was a huge lack of info compared to last year and now a lack of Demo.
Are you serious?

We had MORE info this year, than all the years combined, they let the CD guys talk freely and not tie them to an NDA. We had so much info, that we didn't really know what to ask for the PSN podcast.

# 50 Abnormal101 @ 02/25/10 06:09 PM
Quote:
Are you serious?

We had MORE info this year, than all the years combined, they let the CD guys talk freely and not tie them to an NDA. We had so much info, that we didn't really know what to ask for the PSN podcast.

Maybe i should've been more specific, more media, PICS and Video

# 51 Motown @ 02/25/10 06:11 PM
Quote:
Are you serious?

I think he meant "gameplay" vids...which there ain't been much.

# 52 Reaman @ 02/25/10 06:11 PM
Thanks for posting this!

# 53 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/25/10 06:11 PM
Quote:
Maybe i should've been more specific, more media, PICS and Video

Seems about the same to me. We had videos in almost every dev blog, which have been plenty, Ramone just posted a gameplay video yesterday, and there have been a lot of pics.

I dunno man. We will agree to disagree on this one.

# 54 countryboy @ 02/25/10 06:20 PM
Quote:
Who knows, in all fairness, unless you know the developers personally or unless you were involved with the development process, you can't say for sure if they did or not.
you can't say for sure they did.

But I can due to past history strongly believe they didn't lie to us. And when I think about what they could possibly gain(less blame?) vs what they could possibly lose(faith of their fanbase), I'm convinced they are telling the truth.

# 55 countryboy @ 02/25/10 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
NOBODY...at least me, ain't gonna play a demo next Thurs, when the retailed version is out Tuesday! this just ain't makin'
sense
when/if you are on the fence of whether the game is worth $60 then it makes perfect sense.

# 56 countryboy @ 02/25/10 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
I never said they lied to us. Ok, maybe they did submit it on the 19th, maybe it is out of their hands, but that does not mean they could have been more proactive on their part. I am asking questions, not blaming.....yet.
I never said you stated they lied to us. Your devils advocate stance was that they weren't disclosing the whole truth(I consider that lying).

And they already stated why the demo took longer this year, its because they wanted the demo build to be as close to retail as possible. The reason being, if the demo is far removed from the final build and is buggy and "subpar" then it could potentially turn away new customers.

# 57 Rickeysue @ 02/25/10 06:28 PM
Add me to the list of people who is not sweating the fact that we didn't get a demo before the release of the game. March 2 is almost here and I can surely wait a few more days to play the game. I also went to a local Best Buy today and watched two people play several innings against each other. The game looks incredible. I am SO appreciative of all the work that goes into making this the best sports game ever made. I also love how the devs openly invite the input of the community when making adjustments to the game.

# 58 Woodweaver @ 02/25/10 06:28 PM
You know what is amusing about all this speculation is that in the other game's forum a whole conspiracy theory popped up when the PS3 version of their demo was slated for next week some time. "Maybe Sony is delaying it on purpose, so their product if first to market...blah, blah, blah" Guess this theory is blown out of the water.

I suppose a rational person would think:

1) I don't know squat about what's really happening

2) Chris@SCEA just told me that they demo was submitted and everyone is just waiting on Sony and PSN

3) Seeing as the competing product is experiencing the same delay, maybe things are just as plain and simple as they appear (good ol' Occam)

But, I suppose that would be rather boring. Making sh*t up is certainly more entertaining.

# 59 e0820 @ 02/25/10 06:29 PM
Since Best Buy has the demo does that mean they are paying for timed exclusive demo releases like MS?

the PS3 community just cant win! j/k

# 60 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/25/10 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
You know what is amusing about all this speculation is that in the other game's forum a whole conspiracy theory popped up when the PS3 version of their demo was slated for next week some time. "Maybe Sony is delaying it on purpose, so their product if first to market...blah, blah, blah" Guess this theory is blown out of the water.

I suppose a rational person would think:

1) I don't know squat about what's really happening

2) Chris@SCEA just told me that they demo was submitted and everyone is just waiting on Sony and PSN

3) Seeing as the competing product is experiencing the same delay, maybe things are just as plain and simple as they appear (good ol' Occam)

But, I suppose that would be rather boring. Making sh*t up is certainly more entertaining.
Exactly.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.