Home
MLB 10 News Post

Just to keep everyone up to date on the whereabouts of the MLB '10: The Show demo. Thanks for the confirmation Chris.

Quote:
"I am not sure what purpose would be served by misleading you. We said there will be a demo....and there will be a demo. The simple fact is....The demo HAS been completed....the demo HAS been submitted for approval and posting. We, as devs of the game, have absolutely ZERO control as to when it gets approved or posted."

*UPDATE: From one of the admins at The Show Community.

Quote:
"Just saw this there is no demo today or one before release."

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Blitzburgh @ 02/25/10 06:41 PM
I played the demo again at Best Buy today and I am content on waiting until it's released. It's not a big deal to me as I still like 09 a lot. The game is very similar but with better ball physics, camera angles and animations. Plus the added stuff we already know about. It is obvious though that the reason we aren't playing the demo is due to the best buy having the game exclusively to show off. Is it really that hard to understand?

# 62 Motown @ 02/25/10 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
I played the demo again at Best Buy today and I am content on waiting until it's released. It's not a big deal to me as I still like 09 a lot. The game is very similar but with better ball physics, camera angles and animations. Plus the added stuff we already know about. It is obvious though that the reason we aren't playing the demo is due to the best buy having the game exclusively to show off. Is it really that hard to understand?
Nope

# 63 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/25/10 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I never said you stated they lied to us. Your devils advocate stance was that they weren't disclosing the whole truth(I consider that lying).
And I did not even quote you....I quoted Countryboy, who said I was suggesting they were lying to us....

Anyway. Sony should be confident in their product enough to release a demo ahead of time, rather than after the game comes out, which seems like a waste of time. I bet they get more fans if they release the demo a week or so before the game releases, then they would releasing the demo after the game comes out even if it means minor tweaks look better.

# 64 countryboy @ 02/25/10 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
And I did not even quote you....I quoted Countryboy, who said I was suggesting they were lying to us....
ummmm....

Quote:
Anyway. Sony should be confident in their product enough to release a demo ahead of time, rather than after the game comes out, which seems like a waste of time. I bet they get more fans if they release the demo a week or so before the game releases, then they would releasing the demo after the game comes out even if it means minor tweaks look better.
First...The Show wouldn't be the first game to launch a demo after the retail version has dropped. Uncharted 2 anyone? I'm certain Sony was confident in that game.

Second...you have to understand that a demo is released for those who are not 100% sure if they are buying the game or not. The demo's purpose is to bring in extra dollars/sales. Its true intention and reason isn't for us, who are diehard fanatics who are buying the game regardless, to get a chance to play the game before it releases.

# 65 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/25/10 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
ummmm....

lol. I was looking at the guy with the red sox avatar while reading your post for some reason.

# 66 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/25/10 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
lol. I was looking at the guy with the red sox avatar while reading your post for some reason.

# 67 Bullit @ 02/25/10 06:58 PM
I understand what everybody is saying on both sides, but I feel everyone is missing one simple part of the equation. This is our crack, specifically my crack, I have been using this 09 crack all year. Now someone is offering me new crack for 10. I must have my crack and I need a sample of the new crack to tide me over until I can get my full fix. I think everybody getting grumpy over the demo is that they just need a fix. Detox sucks and we all just need a fix to get through it.

# 68 brewersfan84 @ 02/25/10 07:00 PM
Thanks for letting us know the tid bit about the demo. I was looking forward to a demo for the longest, but I can wait till tuesday!

# 69 Motown @ 02/25/10 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
I understand what everybody is saying on both sides, but I feel everyone is missing one simple part of the equation. This is our crack, specifically my crack, I have been using this 09 crack all year. Now someone is offering me new crack for 10. I must have my crack and I need a sample of the new crack to tide me over until I can get my full fix. I think everybody getting grumpy over the demo is that they just need a fix. Detox sucks and we all just need a fix to get through it.

# 70 countryboy @ 02/25/10 07:02 PM
Quote:

# 71 Clarityman @ 02/25/10 07:04 PM
Quote:
Thank you. Someone finally nailed it!

# 72 Reaman @ 02/25/10 07:07 PM
Quote:

# 73 callmetaternuts @ 02/25/10 07:18 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Guys, it's a (great) video game, c'mon. I'm as upset as the rest of you that there is no demo prior to release, but I am pretty sure life will go on. If you are on the fence as to whether to buy, rent 09, go to Best Buy and play the demo, or buy MLB 10, and if you don't like it, sell it on eBay or craigslist.

# 74 NJ2NC @ 02/25/10 07:22 PM
Quote:
You are 100% correct. It's speaks volumes for this game that although we are definitely buying it, we still want a demo.

# 75 JurrjensFTW @ 02/25/10 07:23 PM
Quote:
*Stands up*
Bravo! Bravo!

# 76 kumala @ 02/25/10 07:24 PM
With this company's track record, the demo would have been a bonus, but I know the game is that good. So I have no worries about this game. Bring on tuesday.

# 77 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/25/10 07:26 PM
Quote:
Digital Crack

A game, web site or electronic device that one becomes obsessed with the use of. For a while, it becomes impossible to put down and you may suffer withdrawal if you have to go without it for any length of time.

# 78 CommunityCollege @ 02/25/10 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnormal101
I could careless about a Demo, i mean i'm buying the game regardless. But the demo is more for people who haven't played previous versions. We know there's no questioning the quality of the game but others who haven't played dont trust SCEA yet because they haven't played previous version, so i dont blame those gamers for getting mad.
Then there IS a need for a demo

to get more new customers rather than attracting old ones who are familiar with The Show.

...sometimes you gotta think about people who haven't play it rather than yourself.

# 79 Cuse 15 @ 02/25/10 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Digital Crack

A game, web site or electronic device that one becomes obsessed with the use of. For a while, it becomes impossible to put down and you may suffer withdrawal if you have to go without it for any length of time.

Goodness, that is funny

# 80 Bob Digital @ 02/25/10 07:38 PM
I've been wanting to play the demo to mainly see the realtime presentation and lighting. It's not a giant deal to me, but I was lookin' forward to the demo being released for the past 3 weeks because I remember Ramone saying to expect the demo around the same time as last year. Like I said, it's not a big deal. I just feel misinformed.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.