Home
MLB 10 News Post

Just to keep everyone up to date on the whereabouts of the MLB '10: The Show demo. Thanks for the confirmation Chris.

Quote:
"I am not sure what purpose would be served by misleading you. We said there will be a demo....and there will be a demo. The simple fact is....The demo HAS been completed....the demo HAS been submitted for approval and posting. We, as devs of the game, have absolutely ZERO control as to when it gets approved or posted."

*UPDATE: From one of the admins at The Show Community.

Quote:
"Just saw this there is no demo today or one before release."

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Bullit @ 02/25/10 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Digital Crack

A game, web site or electronic device that one becomes obsessed with the use of. For a while, it becomes impossible to put down and you may suffer withdrawal if you have to go without it for any length of time.

See you all that I was making it up didn't you huh huh didn't you. Never get in between a man and his digital crack.

# 82 redsox4ever @ 02/25/10 07:40 PM
So is there a chance the demo still comes out today? If not all i can say is i'm really disappointed. And if scea sold exclusive pre release demo rights then i feel they kinda stuck it to the fans that don't have a best buy close to their home. Sure hope i'm wrong on that one.

# 83 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/25/10 07:40 PM
Without a demo, when I leave for home tomorrow, I will stop at Best Buy. If they do not have the kiosk, I WILL go postal on the Geek Squad.

# 84 Knight165 @ 02/25/10 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4ever
So is there a chance the demo still comes out today? If not all i can say is i'm really disappointed. And if scea sold exclusive pre release demo rights then i feel they kinda stuck it to the fans that don't have a best buy close to their home. Sure hope i'm wrong on that one.
If they submitted a demo for PSN release...then how the heck would there be an exclusive BB demo?
Plus....the game at the kiosk's are full games...not demos.
M.K.
Knight165

# 85 kehlis @ 02/25/10 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommunityCollege
Then there IS a need for a demo

to get more new customers rather than attracting old ones who are familiar with The Show.

...sometimes you gotta think about people who haven't play it rather than yourself.
And the demo is still going to come out...If someone is basing their purchase off of the demo, it doesn't matter when they get it, as long as they do...

As mentioned, the demo is nothing more than a hold me over for anyone who plans on buying the game, and for those who want to play it before buying will still get that opportunity.

# 86 BZito75 @ 02/25/10 07:50 PM
i think if we did a poll on this board and asked who is buying this game on release day, demo or no demo, it would still be about 98% buying on release day.... the true hardcore "cracked out" mlb the show gamer loves this game (i am one of the addicts). and the 2% "on the fence" need a demo to justify how much better this game is compared to the *cough**cough* competition.

chris and everyone at SCEA, we all thank you for your hard work.

cheers!

# 87 Rob_NYY @ 02/25/10 07:55 PM
I was REALLY looking forward to the demo. However, now that the game is just days away, I'm kind of glad I didn't play a demo. It will make playing the full game for the first time that much more special.

# 88 Steve_OS @ 02/25/10 07:57 PM
Just another update. (Updated original post)

*UPDATE: From one of the admins at The Show Community.

Quote:
"Just saw this there is no demo today or one before release."

# 89 Jeffery 09 @ 02/25/10 07:57 PM
I don't need a demo personally, and I understand that it is out of SCEA's hands. I have seen many people on here and other sites say that they are unsure if they want to upgrade from 09. Many people want to see the demo to see if 10 merits an upgrade. For me, RTP alone gets my money "already has" lol. However, classic stadiums are free only for those who pre-order. This is a big reason why many want the game. How can people pre order if they dont have a demo prior to release. Im just saying there is an extra dimension in people's urge for a demo...

# 90 Cuse 15 @ 02/25/10 08:00 PM
Oh well, Tuesday is only a couple days away, means I can play 09 for longer

# 91 Jeffery 09 @ 02/25/10 08:03 PM
mlb 10 themes and the reveal trailer are up on psn...

# 92 JoeRyan33 @ 02/25/10 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
If they submitted a demo for PSN release...then how the heck would there be an exclusive BB demo?
Plus....the game at the kiosk's are full games...not demos.
M.K.
Knight165
I don't understand the first part of the post. Are you saying the lack of a PSN demo and the BB display are or are not related?

Surely it's irrelevant whether the game at the kiosks are full games or demos. If they are given an exclusive right to display the game earlier, surely a home playable demo would dampen the enthusiasm to rush down to their store to play it, thus decreasing their sales.

I just wish someone would come out and answer the question about whether the demo was delayed for Best Buy's benefit. If that's the case, and we weren't told about it, I think it would be poor move on Sony's part.

# 93 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/25/10 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamimarlins1
This is very disappointing. I know the Show Support Brigade will want to hang me for this one, but this year has been pretty lame in regards to marketing, interaction, and game hype. I am a huge Show fan and will definitely be purchasing this game, but it seems like the wheels are coming a little loose on this franchise
I agree with everything except for "the wheels are coming loose on this franchise".

This year just seems was not hyped by the company. It seems like they aren't even that excited about the game, and I honestly am a lot less excited than I was last year. This time last year I was literally calling every store in my area to see who had it early. As it stands now, I may not get the game for a couple weeks.

# 94 Knight165 @ 02/25/10 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRyan33
I don't understand the first part of the post. Are you saying the lack of a PSN demo and the BB display are or are not related?

Surely it's irrelevant whether the game at the kiosks are full games or demos. If they are given an exclusive right to display the game earlier, surely a home playable demo would dampen the enthusiasm to rush down to their store to play it, thus decreasing their sales.

I just wish someone would come out and answer the question about whether the demo was delayed for Best Buy's benefit. If that's the case, and we weren't told about it, I think it would be poor move on Sony's part.
Who are you...Perry Mason?

M.K.
Knight165

# 95 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/25/10 08:15 PM
Quote:

If that is true, then they surely would not admit it, especially considering it would make them look bad.

# 96 Knight165 @ 02/25/10 08:16 PM
Man...some of you guys look WAAAAAAAY too deep into things.
Seriously.

M.K.
Knight165

# 97 e0820 @ 02/25/10 08:18 PM
Quote:

It seems that way. Atleast Best Buy can sell it early if they expect you to go down to their store, wait in line and get to try it out for a few minutes instead of at home on your couch. Sony is seriously dropping the ball.

# 98 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/25/10 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Man...some of you guys look WAAAAAAAY too deep into things.
Seriously.

M.K.
Knight165
Says the guy who creates 10,000 minor leaguers each year. lo.

# 99 JoeRyan33 @ 02/25/10 08:21 PM
The other thing that rubs me the wrong way is the need to pre-order to receive the classic stadiums. All without a demo. People pay $60 for a game, and have to take a leap of faith just to get the full package.

The pre-order deal and the Best Buy kiosk deal also seem aimed at narrowing down your choice of seller. I'd like to go down to my small local store and give them my business, not some big multinational store who really don't need it to survive.

Whoever makes these decisions is seriously taking the piss with what's been a very loyal customer base. I should say this again, no one is pointing fingers or taking shots at the development team, but I'm sorry to say I may just wait on this game and go for PYS2010 when it hits in April.

# 100 kehlis @ 02/25/10 08:24 PM
Over a demo? Or lack of videos? Or having to pay for classic stadiums they had to pay to get?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.