Home
MLB 10 News Post

Just to keep everyone up to date on the whereabouts of the MLB '10: The Show demo. Thanks for the confirmation Chris.

Quote:
"I am not sure what purpose would be served by misleading you. We said there will be a demo....and there will be a demo. The simple fact is....The demo HAS been completed....the demo HAS been submitted for approval and posting. We, as devs of the game, have absolutely ZERO control as to when it gets approved or posted."

*UPDATE: From one of the admins at The Show Community.

Quote:
"Just saw this there is no demo today or one before release."

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 JoeRyan33 @ 02/25/10 08:50 PM
It seems the recurring response is, if you played 09 why wouldn't you buy this game? That in itself is the problem.

I own 09, I can play that. From the impressions, this game isn't that much of an improvement.

You fellas are playing good defense. I've only asked a simple question, about the Best Buy-demo delay. As yet, I've not received an answer, but the handling of the release has been pretty lousy on Sony's part.

# 122 rckabillyRaider @ 02/25/10 08:54 PM
I want the demo about as much as........ummm, well. Screw the comparisons. LOL. I couldn't care less about the demo on this game. SCEA has their $60 just sitting in my bank account waiting till I get my hands on the game.

# 123 bowlerguy92 @ 02/25/10 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
And? Do you require the demo to buy the game? Are you on the fence? If so, that is fine, you will just have to wait a little longer to make your decision.

No I've had every version since 2006, I'm just an impatient sports gamer who enjoys and has grown used to enjoying the game a bit early.

# 124 kehlis @ 02/25/10 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRyan33
You fellas are playing good defense. I've only asked a simple question, about the Best Buy-demo delay. As yet, I've not received an answer, but the handling of the release has been pretty lousy on Sony's part.
Your question is about a conspiracy you made up. What answer is there to give?

The demo was delayed for whatever reason by whichever side. What do you want to hear? An apology for the delay of a demo? If you aren't going to buy the game based on that, that is fine, your prerogative.

And again, if you require the demo to make your purchasing decision, fine, it is still coming out, you can still play it before buying.

Your sense of entitlement is amazing. I'm not even saying if you liked 09 you should like 10. If you are not sold on the game yet, fine. You have many options at playing this game before buying...

# 125 e0820 @ 02/25/10 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
No. I'm a little confused as to why anyone would feel slighted at that? You already know what you are going to get with the game. There are no surprises unless they are for the better. And as I have mentioned several times now, if you are on the fence about buying, you will still get the demo to try out before you make your decision...

Since when did demo's become a requirement?
Its been the norm.

# 126 Knight165 @ 02/25/10 09:01 PM
Quote:
It seems the recurring response is, if you played 09 why wouldn't you buy this game? That in itself is the problem.

I own 09, I can play that. From the impressions, this game isn't that much of an improvement.

It's not a problem...it's peoples view. Not Sony's
You're also not being truthful...even to yourself if you think the impressions are that it's not much of an improvement....

I think you got your panties in a bunch and now don't want to back down.
You also seem hurt...you shouldn't....it's not personal.
The demo went out....Sony is dragging....what can you do?
You seem to want to put some BB exclusive on this. I seriously doubt it. You can't try it there and walk out of the store with it. I don't see how that really helps BB. I'll bet most of the guys playing it in BB pre-ordered it.....from somewhere else.

This whole thread is much ado about nothing.

M.K.
Knight165

# 127 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/25/10 09:20 PM
Quote:
It's more like a Few Good Men than Perry Mason. I'm expecting someone from Sony to give me the whole "you can't handle the truth" bit.

There's a massive rush here to defend SCEA at every turn.

And there is always a massive rush to pull things out of thin air as well.

And make things out of nothing with no evidence or facts. And things you will NEVER know the answer to. So it is just being argumentative otherwise and is not constructive in the slightest.

# 128 videobastard @ 02/25/10 09:27 PM
Since the demo did not go up today on the north american store it seems that this best buy demo was a timed exclusive deal. Im going to download the mlb 09 the show demo again to get familiar with the gameplay for tuesday.

# 129 JoeDog10 @ 02/25/10 09:28 PM
I, for one, could care less about the demo. This game is as automatic as it gets as a first day purchase for me. Honestly, I'm happy there isn't a demo right now, because that makes the days and weeks leading up to release seem like months. For those that are complaining that there is no demo, it will be coming out. Nobody is forcing you to buy the game on Tuesday. If you're really that concerned that this game might not be all it's cracked up to be, wait for the damn demo to come out!

That being said, it seems fairly obvious to me that the demo is being "delayed" because of some sort of exclusivity agreement with Best Buy. I just don't see how in the world that any of this is a coincidence. If the demo came out weeks, or even days before release, there would have been no "impressions if you played it at a kiosk" threads. There would be no reason to go into Best Buy to play the game, even if it is the full retail version. And good for SCEA, hopefully they are making a damn good buck out of this! It would be well deserved and long overdue.

Anyway, I think everyone in here needs to relax! The game will be out in a handful of days and then we will all be happy.

# 130 Aragorn523 @ 02/25/10 09:33 PM
Excuse guys for wanting to play a demo to see in person improvements to the game before plunking down 60 in these tough economic times. If you dont meed a demo thats great but for loyal fans to not get a demo cause of a buisness deal with best buy doesnt speak well in the eyes of many consumers. Blind faith is great but not a requirement when your spending your hard earned cash.

# 131 countryboy @ 02/25/10 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn523
Excuse guys for wanting to play a demo to see in person improvements to the game before plunking down 60 in these tough economic times. If you dont meed a demo thats great but for loyal fans to not get a demo cause of a buisness deal with best buy doesnt speak well in the eyes of many consumers. Blind faith is great but not a requirement when your spending your hard earned cash.

there is a demo coming. You are not forced to buy the game on release day. Wait until the demo drops, try it out, and then make your purchasing decision.

Its like people are in the mindset that since the demo isn't releasing before the game then there is no demo.

# 132 kehlis @ 02/25/10 09:35 PM
Quote:
As I will mention, now for the fifth time, the demo is still coming out. If you want to play it before you buy the game, that is perfectly fine and you still have the chance.

What is the issue with this?

# 133 casbruce @ 02/25/10 09:35 PM
It's not as if the game's only going to be available for sale the first day it drops. If you want to play the demo first, then....DON'T BUY THE GAME THE FIRST DAY. This really doesn't seem that difficult. If you need a demo to decide, you probably wouldn't be buying it the first day, anyway. So wait the extra time, download and play the demo, and then go buy it if you like it. You'll still have all spring and summer to enjoy it. And if you don't like it, don't buy and you'll save 60 bucks. Simple.

# 134 JoeDog10 @ 02/25/10 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

there is a demo coming. You are not forced to buy the game on release day. Wait until the demo drops, try it out, and then make your purchasing decision.

Its like people are in the mindset that since the demo isn't releasing before the game then there is no demo.
Thank you. Is this so hard for people to understand?

# 135 Aragorn523 @ 02/25/10 09:40 PM
Maybe if we had a date of any kind that would be plausable, but how long should i wait, a week, two weeks? Not one mention was even made of the deal with Best Buy and what effect it would have. Its called setting the expectation of the consumer which they have done by releasing the demo at least two weeks before release.

# 136 JoeDog10 @ 02/25/10 09:43 PM
Quote:
Maybe if we had a date of any kind that would be plausable, but how long should i wait, a week, two weeks?
That's up to you. All I'm saying that if you're going to play the "hard earned cash" card, then you'll probably want to wait as long as it takes to try the game out yourself to make sure that you make an educated decision as to whether or not you want to buy the game. Or, you could always rent it, or even go to Best Buy a couple days after release to try it out before purchasing.

# 137 kehlis @ 02/25/10 09:43 PM
Quote:
Maybe if we had a date of any kind that would be plausable, but how long should i wait, a week, two weeks?
You are the buyer, you have the options and make the decisions.

If it is important to you to get the game asap and you don't want to wait, then you can rent it if you don't want to wait for the demo.

# 138 bases1616 @ 02/25/10 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenal123gunners
Really, I think we are all pretty lucky to be getting a Demo
I am getting MLB 10 with or without a demo, but pretty lucky to get a demo? The console world for PS3 and 360 have only helped themselves out most of the time when releasing a demo.

It gets those people who are on the fence to decide and newcomers to jump on board. So to say we are lucky to get a demo I think is the wrong perspective.

# 139 countryboy @ 02/25/10 09:43 PM
Quote:
if $60 is vital, then I would expect that one would wait as long as it takes to be sure to make a sound, informative decision.

# 140 countryboy @ 02/25/10 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamimarlins1
You're not going win in this forum. This place is littered with Show apologists.
if I were you, I'd leave now before you turn into one as well. Everyone knows that Show apologists are just like zombies, once they get to you, you become one of them.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.