Home
MLB 10 News Post

Just to keep everyone up to date on the whereabouts of the MLB '10: The Show demo. Thanks for the confirmation Chris.

Quote:
"I am not sure what purpose would be served by misleading you. We said there will be a demo....and there will be a demo. The simple fact is....The demo HAS been completed....the demo HAS been submitted for approval and posting. We, as devs of the game, have absolutely ZERO control as to when it gets approved or posted."

*UPDATE: From one of the admins at The Show Community.

Quote:
"Just saw this there is no demo today or one before release."

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Big Shmooz @ 02/25/10 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamimarlins1
You're not going win in this forum. This place is littered with Show apologists. The funny thing is if 2K pulled this stunt, we would be calling for their heads.
Actually they did. With NHL 2k10.

Btw..l. as far as my 2 cents on the no demo, I planned to go to best buy today to see the game. However with the snow here in New York I did not get to go. The earliest I will be able to go now is on monday.

I actually have preordered the game. However at the same time let me say to all those who think it's not an issue at all for those on the fence, I think they are mistaken.

The point being made is, "the demo will be there for them but just at a later time". The problem with this logic is, are these people who are using this argument then willing to pay for their (those on the fence) stadium upgrade that they will not get for free should they then decide to purchase the game?

Therein lies the problem with not having a demo before the release date for those still on the fence.

# 162 Big Shmooz @ 02/25/10 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
(like the G-d of War 3 demo today).
Are you Jewish?

# 163 jwired21 @ 02/25/10 11:51 PM
Demo or no demo doesn't change the fact that I'm picking this game up at midnight on Monday. I don't need a demo to remind me that this has been one of, if not the best sports franchises ever.

# 164 Whitesox @ 02/25/10 11:55 PM
Sucks there is no demo pre-release, but I will just have to wait I guess. Or, I could get my lazy self up to my local best buy and play.

# 165 BatsareBugs @ 02/26/10 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shmooz
Are you Jewish?
You must've never heard of Gad of War 3...

# 166 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/26/10 12:51 AM
Quote:
Are you Jewish?
What does it matter?

# 167 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/26/10 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
My thoughts exactly , its always about the $$$ and pasta padre hit the nail on the head .
Well monday will be here soon enough
Pasta is so accurate, just like his review copy comment, which was confirmed they went out the SAME time this year as last.

# 168 SeerMagicX @ 02/26/10 01:18 AM
funny that people are blaming sony. guess what, the process is the same process it had to go through last year when they got the demo out in early February. So yeah it was studio's decision to release it so late. Why? Because it's the same game as last years. Why are people freaking out over it, I dunno, you can just download last years demo, and play it and imagine a new fielding camera angle.

# 169 SDwinder @ 02/26/10 01:26 AM
Went to Best Buy Thursday night to try out the full game. I was expecting just a demo, but it was the full game. Checked out all the menus and options then played two games, Yankees at Angels, then Phillies at Yankees. Sweet 1080P looked great. Angel Stadium looked similar to last year, but Yankee Stadium definitely had some upgrades to it and looked awesome. I played using the new presentation camera and auto fielding but manual throw. This combination works great with this camera mode. I use Catcher cam to bat and outfield view to pitch. Gameplay is just awesome with the new cam. I am very happy with what I saw. No need for a demo to verify anything, game is awesome. Glad I pre-ordered it for the classic stadiums. They were in the stadium option menu but you had to download them from the PS store. Didnt say for how much though, but I will have the free code to download. Nice upgrade over 09. No worries, just get it day 1.

# 170 Fetrey @ 02/26/10 01:29 AM
As I said in another thread, this isn't a big deal. The demo wouldn't have been big enough to see all the new features. We all know we're going to buy MLB 10 so waiting a few more days is well worth the wait.

# 171 Rod_Carew29 @ 02/26/10 01:44 AM
I'm not going crazy over this AT ALL. And remembering the demo for '09...remember how most of us were glad J-Roll's stance was FINALLY correct? Then when we buy the actual game, the stance was NOT the same. Same issue with pickoffs at first base in the '09 demo. First chance I got in the demo, I had Kazmir pick Rollins off at first...bam!

Up to last night...hundreds of games played, I hadn't picked off another batter since....

# 172 Big Shmooz @ 02/26/10 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag3vsW0rld
You must've never heard of Gad of War 3...
I think you misunderstood. It was the way he typed it.

# 173 Big Shmooz @ 02/26/10 02:46 AM
Quote:
What does it matter?
I didn't mean it to sound accusatory. It's just the way you typed G-D. Btw... I am Jewish. An orthodox Jew as a matter of fact. I too write it that way. (though not in that particular case since it is not really referring to the real G-D but rather to a game)

# 174 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/26/10 02:47 AM
Quote:
I didn't mean it to sound accusatory. It's just the way you typed G-D. Btw... I am Jewish. An orthodox Jew as a matter of fact. I too write it that way. (though not in that particular case since it is not really referring to the real G-D but rather to a game)

I will PM you, sorry for sounding that way. My apologies.

# 175 Big Shmooz @ 02/26/10 02:52 AM
Quote:
I will PM you, sorry for sounding that way. My apologies.
Apology accepted. I am glad there are no misunderstandings

# 176 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/26/10 02:55 AM
Quote:
Apology accepted. I am glad there are no misunderstandings

None at all my man. Just sometimes when you get a question like that on the web, that isn't too descriptive, it doesn't end well.

# 177 Big Shmooz @ 02/26/10 03:01 AM
Quote:
None at all my man. Just sometimes when you get a question like that on the web, that isn't too descriptive, it doesn't end well.

I totally understand. I also responded to your PM with that thought in mind.

# 178 Woodweaver @ 02/26/10 08:38 AM
Why is the the book _A Confederacy of Dunces_ coming to mind here?

With all these crack pot theories and uniformed diatribes about the inner workings and motivations of a corporation that I'm 100% that no one here really knows a single thing about (and not to mentioned the occasional troll foreign and otherwise), this thread has got to be in the top 10 dumbest of all time.

And for some reason, I can't stop reading!

I noticed that there are no posts from the mods. They tried to save us from ourselves, but some demanded a forum to rant about this BS. They must just be sitting back and laughing. At least it is all contained within a single thread.

# 179 ckarlic @ 02/26/10 09:18 AM
Not a big deal in my mind. Ive been keeping busy playing MLB 09 and have 2 best buys around my way that have the MLB 10 Kiosk set up. All the times I went, no one was interested in playing the show so I could play for a good amount of time (until the geek squad comes by and tries talking to me ). Go figure.

Also, a lot of people are going to buy this game regardless of a demo or not as the Show has a great track record.

# 180 S2S @ 02/26/10 09:28 AM
I too would love to see the demo but oh well. Been playing the 09 Demo. ;( Came back on Tampa Bay in the 4th to tie it with a Ryan Howard homer, Then hit a 2 run walkoff homer in the 6th with Chase Utley. Great game. But 10 is a buy just for the sole purpose of they put The Homerun Derby back in, Not only that but in Franchise mode and stuff too. ;( Not to mention all the rest I've read that they've done. ^_^

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.