Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Jon Robinson, over at ESPN Videogames, sat down with Producers Ben Haumiller and Russ Kiniry, as they break down nine changes being made to NCAA Football 11. They have also posted the very first screenshot from the game.

Quote:
"Numbers on helmets might seem inconsequential to some gamers, but if you're an Alabama fan, the fact that the video game recreation of your school doesn't accurately represent the uniform details you cheer so hard for on a weekly basis has been driving you message board mad & as in, leaving threats of "I'll never play the game again," on any sports gaming board you could find in hopes someone at EA will finally hear your cries.

Cry no more.

"Alabama fans, we hear you," says "NCAA Football 11" producer Ben Haumiller. "This game's for you."

That's right, not only will "NCAA Football 11" finally feature Alabama's famed look that includes numbers on helmets, but now when gamers create their own schools using the wildly popular "Team Builder" (over 500,000 teams were created last year), they can put numbers on the sides of their helmets then watch as they actually appear in-game.

But that's not all the "NCAA Football 11" creative crew has in store for this year's game."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 The GIGGAS @ 02/26/10 04:13 PM
Man, those are some sweet improvements.

# 22 Mo @ 02/26/10 04:22 PM
The only thing I dont like is adding Auto Save, I hate that...it's the first thing I turn off in the Fifa and NHL series.

Otherwise awesome, especially the Formation Subs.

# 23 geauxfan70 @ 02/26/10 04:30 PM
I have to say, formation subs is probably the greatest thing I've heard in a while, super glad that's back in. Also I like all the new equipment and the sleeves!

# 24 TracerBullet @ 02/26/10 04:32 PM
I didn't expect them to get into the bigger details in the first announcement but this is more than I expected. enjoyed what I saw look forward to more. I also like that they have Under Armour cleats now and the fact they aren't solid black or white anymore!

# 25 RGiles36 @ 02/26/10 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Absolutely no mention of anything else game play related such as improving the blocking, ai, o-line vs. d-line interaction, or locomotion to fix the complete lack of momentum in the game.

Looks like my money may be going else where this year. I really don't think they deserve too credit for formation subs at this point considering it took them this long into this gen to finally include them.
Seriously dude? Already? Most didn't even see information coming today, let alone some with a bit of significance. Relax a little.

# 26 Jamin23 @ 02/26/10 04:45 PM
That sounds nice. I didn't play the game last year and haven't played NCAA football in a while, but am planning to buy it this year.

# 27 TracerBullet @ 02/26/10 04:53 PM
I wonder if that's a juke on the picture or if the player is actually making a cut without the right stick. I'm hoping the latter so it will mean the end of the 90 dgree running.

# 28 da ThRONe @ 02/26/10 04:53 PM

<--- Tears of joy!

# 29 marcoyk @ 02/26/10 04:57 PM
Wow that screenshot is amazing. Nice depth of field, ref, and new equipment.

# 30 thelakeshow @ 02/26/10 04:59 PM
Love what they've added especially the formation subs. Haven't picked a NCAA football game in awhile. The last NCAAF game I bought was 2008. Tried playing that game a couple months ago after not playing for a year and months and months of Madden 10, and god damn that game played and looked horrible. Just playing one game of 2008 has already convinced me to get NCAAF 11.

# 31 boisejames @ 02/26/10 05:02 PM
I really didn't think I was gonna get excited about this years game but it sounds like they're gonna please us finally!

I liked all nine additions they mentioned. The equipment doesn't really bother me but I know a lot of people ask for it so I'm happy they're listening for once!

Before today I was not thinking about NCAA info much at all but now I can't wait for the next piece of the puzzle!

# 32 prowler @ 02/26/10 05:03 PM

# 33 MrOctober430 @ 02/26/10 05:03 PM
So far so good.

BUT PLEASE GIVE US THE OPTION TO SLOW THE GAME SPEED!

# 34 da ThRONe @ 02/26/10 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Seriously dude? Already? Most didn't even see information coming today, let alone some with a bit of significance. Relax a little.
Yeah this was like Christmas in Feb. LOL

Dude really needs to be happy hes getting what hes getting.

# 35 da ThRONe @ 02/26/10 05:12 PM
Im really impressed. Although still wanting for the other shoe to hit me upside the head.

But all in all everything is stuff that was asked for. If they stay the course NCAA 11 will be a first day buy.

# 36 LionsFanNJ @ 02/26/10 05:12 PM
Sweet jesus, formation subs, new equipment, dynamic conference logos, tuned Pro-tak and team colored cleats? Awesome now, where's my dreadlocks.

Madden made strides this year, NCAA sounds like its trying to do the same.

but.....must.....not.....fall....for...hype......

# 37 Potatoes002 @ 02/26/10 05:19 PM
If they add locomotion then all of this will be just a huge plus. Cant wait to hear what else they did.

# 38 mjussawalla @ 02/26/10 05:21 PM
Looks good so far.

Hopefully they also added bowl/conference champ game patches???

# 39 da ThRONe @ 02/26/10 05:24 PM
LOL @ all the people that said NCAA 11 = Madden 10.

Which I must admit is what I was hoping for.

# 40 BoomerSooner11 @ 02/26/10 05:27 PM
Neato.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.