Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Jon Robinson, over at ESPN Videogames, sat down with Producers Ben Haumiller and Russ Kiniry, as they break down nine changes being made to NCAA Football 11. They have also posted the very first screenshot from the game.

Quote:
"Numbers on helmets might seem inconsequential to some gamers, but if you're an Alabama fan, the fact that the video game recreation of your school doesn't accurately represent the uniform details you cheer so hard for on a weekly basis has been driving you message board mad & as in, leaving threats of "I'll never play the game again," on any sports gaming board you could find in hopes someone at EA will finally hear your cries.

Cry no more.

"Alabama fans, we hear you," says "NCAA Football 11" producer Ben Haumiller. "This game's for you."

That's right, not only will "NCAA Football 11" finally feature Alabama's famed look that includes numbers on helmets, but now when gamers create their own schools using the wildly popular "Team Builder" (over 500,000 teams were created last year), they can put numbers on the sides of their helmets then watch as they actually appear in-game.

But that's not all the "NCAA Football 11" creative crew has in store for this year's game."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 jdr4693 @ 02/27/10 01:27 AM
this is a good step for ea,but i want to hear about presentation and some serious upgrades in COLLEGE ATMOSPHERE! I also want "create a play" in this year

# 102 gofresno @ 02/27/10 01:29 AM
WoW! i would buy this game now. Can't wait to hear about the even more updates, wow

# 103 jyoung @ 02/27/10 01:35 AM
The hype machine begins.

I haven't bought a NCAA football game this generation, but maybe this year will finally be the one.

# 104 Gossennator @ 02/27/10 01:54 AM
Hopefully they have the right camera angles in cut scenes so the game looks more like the screen.

# 105 blackscorpion11 @ 02/27/10 02:17 AM
How pathetic...

Cosmetic changes and rehashed features..Oh and i almost forgot the hand-me-down Pro tak from big brother madden??

No mention of gameplay changes..

Who gives a damn about numbers on the side of a helmet!!??

Wake me up when LEGIT changes are made...changes justifying ANOTHER 65$

When does Backbreaker come out again? ((:

# 106 Watson @ 02/27/10 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackscorpion11
How pathetic...

Cosmetic changes and rehashed features..Oh and i almost forgot the hand-me-down Pro tak from big brother madden??

No mention of gameplay changes..

Who gives a S**t about numbers on the side of a helmet!!??
It's February dude. Do you honestly think they're halfway done?

# 107 blackscorpion11 @ 02/27/10 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Why wouldn't you? I was never a big formation sub guy, but I guess its cool. I'll utilize it.

If you're one of the cats that wanted it, now you got it. Why wouldn't you be excited for it?

Excited?? over a feature that other football games have had for years?? Wow

# 108 blackscorpion11 @ 02/27/10 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
It's February dude. Do you honestly think they're halfway done?

Theyve done this before , they'll do it this year too..If we knew each other, i'd bet you $100 the gameplay engine won't change in ncaa 2011.. and i'd win.

Refs on the field?-not new
gang tackling-not new
auto-saving -not new

anyway.. what did the guy say? It pro tak but improved????

LMAO

# 109 Watson @ 02/27/10 02:30 AM
Quote:
Theyve done this before , they'll do it this year too..If we knew each other, i'd bet you $100 the gameplay engine won't change in ncaa 2011.. and i'd win.

# 110 duckfever8 @ 02/27/10 02:39 AM
Quote:

# 111 Altimus @ 02/27/10 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
Also, is it me, or is the lighting not as bloomed at 3:00 games in 10?

Awesome.
I noticed that as well. That orange hue was too much.

# 112 gofresno @ 02/27/10 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting
1. TEAM ENTRANCES - no mention..again

2. Dreadlocks - no mention..again

3. Game speed - no mention

4. Physics - no mention..again

I don't see any mention of anything that will enhance my gaming experience. I'm jealous of you guys that are happy though. I wish I got the features that I wanted.
Don't give up on 1,3,4. Team entrances would be a big addition announce later, and I'm sure they'll release all the actually gameplay stuff down the line too. However if they were adding, dread locks it would have fit perfectly in the category as the other small adds. In fact thats about the only small thing that was frequently requested that wasn't on the list.

# 113 gofresno @ 02/27/10 03:36 AM
It might just be in my head, but the lighting looks a lot better in that screenshot

# 114 BtothejizA @ 02/27/10 04:02 AM
For some perspective, here is the first screenshot from last year.

That looks pretty good as well, but is in no way representative of what we actually got out of the game.

I wish NCAA would go back to copying Madden's game play completely, then just focus on making the dynasty mode better.

# 115 Lava @ 02/27/10 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting
1. TEAM ENTRANCES - no mention..again

2. Dreadlocks - no mention..again

3. Game speed - no mention

4. Physics - no mention..again

I don't see any mention of anything that will enhance my gaming experience. I'm jealous of you guys that are happy though. I wish I got the features that I wanted.
Don't give up so soon, this is the first we've heard of the new stuff, not the last.

# 116 Hiro1 @ 02/27/10 07:40 AM
....... me and the rest of equipment freaks are sent dancing into the streets lol. New colored cleats, under armor cleats, 1/4 sleeves, the option to just have one sleeve, ankle braces, knee braces. All these equipment additions adds so much too realism by making players less generic looking. Lol at the complaints. Really? it's feb and these are small things people asked for. After playing Madden last year Ncaa got shelved real quick. 1st time that has ever happened. This is the kind of pic madden realeased last year with hints in the 1st screen shot. College atmosphere kills the NFL. If NCAA can bring the attmosphere and the gameplay is a inch better than Madden 2010 it will **** on Madden.

As far as intros I mean I want them but the avg gamer skips them after seeing it once or twice. So 2 months after playing it's pretty useless unless they get dynamic with it and it changes.

I'm happy to see gang tackling.

Whiners I like that they announce things are back in. It is a reassurance and one less thing we have to wonder if it made the cut or not. I hope the demo and more pics drop early so we can help correct them.

That is all. I'm really excited this year more so than last. I'm optimistic that series is about to turn the corner.

# 117 Rocky @ 02/27/10 07:57 AM
at all the wow comments.

There isn't one thing in that article that wasn't in last gen NCAA.

# 118 Hiro1 @ 02/27/10 08:16 AM
no lol @ you.

gang tackles colored cleats, hand warmers, dynamic logos, ankle braces, different quarter sleeves, the ability to wear one sleeve ref collision detection. It's one thing to say nothing impressed you in the article I understand Rocky. If I wasn't an equipment freak the info might not be as awesome, but your last comment was ignorant to say the least.

# 119 GlennN @ 02/27/10 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDIrish98
i'd also like to see them add in saving in the middle of the game. why they dont offer that is a mystery.
Yep, I'm with you. I'd love to see in-game saves back!

# 120 LucianoJJ @ 02/27/10 09:13 AM

Improved triple option?
Improved pass blocking and OL/DL interaction?
Better pass trajectory?
Create a Playbook?

I like what I see in this article but am hoping for more.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.