Home
MLB 10 News Post

Here is our list of the current known issues that we're looking into for immediate attention:

Attendance:
Attendance is not correctly getting reported. In talking with Jeff, he has a fix in mind that is fairly safe but would end up in the actual attendance not mirroring the paid attendance you get in franchise. It would fix the issue where you have 50k+ people attending Spring Training games. This will also fix issues with playoff games and games played in any stadium that isn't your own.
* UPDATE - This was caused by the stadium select screen being added to franchise, causing the attendance to be reset using the non-franchise logic. The stadium select was previously never used for playoff games, so it didn't handle that situation. This is fixed and it also fixes the issue with spring training games showing the attendance as if they were in their home stadium.

Trade Waivers:
Users can claim anyone off of trade waivers - CPU teams will never pull them back.
* UPDATE - fixed this one - a simple fix that will prevent user teams from simply claiming everyone that was passed through trade waivers.

No Contract:
Players can get into a state where they have no contract.
* UPDATE - As soon as a player was placed on release waivers, his contract was cleared. Then if he was claimed, he didn't have a contract. It was also clearing his 40-man roster status, which is what was causing him to go to AAA instead of the MLB team. Have a fix for this.

Player Potential:
Looks like a fairly bad miscommunication ended up with us having some seriously out of whack potentials. This will be corrected with the next roster download (Monday)
* UPDATE - Lorne is taking care of this - will be fixed with a roster update.

Multi Closer issue:
If a CPU team has 2 closers (one acquired in a trade) - they will always send one down to AAA.
* UPDATE - It would just look at the closers and see that they had more than they needed so they'd send one down, but they wouldn't look to see if they could send down a reliever instead and keep the 2nd closer in the bullpen. Have a fix for this.

Multi Trade players:
Not even sure what the details are on this one, but it looks like sometimes a player is traded and then re-traded or waived. Currently investigating.
* UPDATE - I have a fix for the trades. I'll not allow a player to be placed on the trading block by the CPU if he has been acquired by a trade recently.

Manual Trade issue:
I've seen a few reports of users having trades set to Manual and still having trades done by the CPU. Again, no idea how this is happening and we're looking for more information.
* UPDATE - Not sure what's happening here, we can not get this one to reproduce. Whoever is getting this, please make sure that you don't have your profile option set to something different than your global setting. If you need to talk to me via PM or IM for further info, please just say the word!
* UPDATE 2 Thanks to tabarnes19 and a couple hours of debugging we have found the issue and have a fix in the works.

If you respond, please please PLEASE do not be noise. We need clear help or silence - we want these things cleared up as much as you do!

-K

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 tabarnes19_SDS @ 03/03/10 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Franchise
Just went through the season as the Nats and put a claim on everyone (Pujols, Fielder, Sheets) And I didn't get a single one of them. Looks like it's fixed!

Great job, SCEA!
It could have been a team with a worst record put a claim in first, hence cpu pulled them back. I ran into that yesterday Kolbe said if cpu puts claim in and have worst record they would be pulled back.

Did you happen to see if you could make trades in the off season yet? Nov. Dec.?

# 122 cardsfan2222 @ 03/03/10 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cras
Last year the out of town scores were most certainly real.
If you play a franchise and control all the teams, the problem is that the games are not simulated. Only CPU vs CPU games are simulated. I noticed this and that ultimated made up my mind against an ALL 30 TEAM franchise
That is probably what I will do as well. I was under the impression that if you selected no profile for the other teams, you could control them if necessary, but otherwise they would all stay under CPU control. I'd rather have the out of town scores than control over teams I most likely won't use.

# 123 Dubsonic @ 03/03/10 02:43 PM
What game mode did the bug happen in?

Franchise play

How did it happen or what did you do to trigger it? Can you recreate it?

Could not select "Result Play" to see only the payoff pitch while prefering to watch franchise games. Results create infinitely long seasons while watching.

How often can the bug be reproduced?

Every game.

# 124 cardsfan2222 @ 03/03/10 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubsonic
What game mode did the bug happen in?

Franchise play

How did it happen or what did you do to trigger it? Can you recreate it?

Could not select "Result Play" to see only the payoff pitch while prefering to watch franchise games. Results create infinitely long seasons while watching.

How often can the bug be reproduced?

Every game.
I'm pretty sure the result play is only an option for RTTS.

# 125 Mr. Franchise @ 03/03/10 02:59 PM
STILL HAVING A MAJOR ISSUE WITH WAIVERS

So in my Nats franchise the Dodgers signed Rafael Soriano, and at the begining of the 2011 season they waived Johnathan Broxthan. I was able to get him, Vincente Padilla, and Ryan Roland-Smith for free.

# 126 Dice @ 03/03/10 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siruss
The only issue I don't see in your list is the horrible trade logic. I did a fantasy draft and Ryan Franklin isn't my cup of tea so I explored options. I could have traded him for Broxton, an elite starting pitcher (name escapes me now) and a A potential young guy. Funny thing was they didnt want Reyes, Beckett, Quentin. I dunno but it's something that should be looked into and fixed or I'll have an All Star team after the first offseason.
I'm thinking that the trade logic is a by-product of some of the other issues. BUT I'd like to know myself if the trade logic is being addressed.

# 127 sox73b3 @ 03/03/10 03:04 PM
Quote:

So in my Nats franchise the Dodgers signed Rafael Soriano, and at the begining of the 2011 season they waived Johnathan Broxthan. I was able to get him, Vincente Padilla, and Ryan Roland-Smith for free.
What made you think this had been fixed?

I don't think this will be fixed until the next (2nd) patch.

# 128 Mr. Franchise @ 03/03/10 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sox73b3
What made you think this had been fixed?

I don't think this will be fixed until the next (2nd) patch.
They fixed trade waivers, when I claimed players after August 1st, they were pulled off waivers after the claim. But now during the regular season, I can still claim players.

# 129 tabarnes19_SDS @ 03/03/10 03:07 PM
Quote:

My guess if the next patch does come out that will address this with the other issues will be released about the same time as last year. I believe it was like April 27th. These guys are going on vacation (well deserved), will come back work on it, test it then...then send it to Sony for QA. Will be a little while.

# 130 tabarnes19_SDS @ 03/03/10 03:09 PM
Quote:
They fixed trade waivers, when I claimed players after August 1st, they were pulled off waivers after the claim. But now during the regular season, I can still claim players.
Try simming with the Royals or Pirates and then put a claim in on trade waivers...I almost am willing to bet you get them

# 131 ktd1976 @ 03/03/10 03:11 PM
I'm testing the Out of Town scoreboard right now.....results in a couple minutes.........

# 132 Mr. Franchise @ 03/03/10 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
Try simming with the Royals or Pirates and then put a claim in on trade waivers...I almost am willing to bet you get them
I was the Nats, so I had first dibs. Didn't get anyone.

# 133 ktd1976 @ 03/03/10 03:13 PM
OK, the Out of Town scoreboards do WORK when controlling all 30 teams. Here is how.....

You MUST sim ALL games, other than the one you want to play. Then, go play your game. The scoreboards will work then.

EDIT....It actually works as it should. Based on the time of day that YOUR game started, games that would have been completed before your game started will be FINALS. Games in progress during your game, will appear to be in progress.....and games at a later time will show 0-0 scores.

# 134 callmetaternuts @ 03/03/10 03:22 PM
Quote:
Just went through the season as the Nats and put a claim on everyone (Pujols, Fielder, Sheets) And I didn't get a single one of them. Looks like it's fixed!

Great job, SCEA!
The issue was with HUM players being able to claim everyone, not CPU. So you may want to check that.

# 135 ktd1976 @ 03/03/10 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
I was about 99.99% sure that would do it. I am controlling all 30 teams but my question is this....

Without setting them to a profile (i will control the RED SOX and PIRATES with profile 1 & 2 only) will the CPU handle all of the aspects of the teams when i sim? ie: lineups, call ups, budgets etc etc....So everything basiclly.

I just want to oversee everything in case silly stuff happens... i can fix it.
If you have them set with NO PROFILE, then go into GLOBAL settings, and set everything to AUTO, then, yes, they will handle all of that. You can still go in and override their decisions if you want to.

GLOBAL settings apply to all teams that do not have a profile set for them

# 136 countryboy @ 03/03/10 03:29 PM
Quote:

the patch that came out today did not address the franchise issues being discussed in this thread. The patch today was for things that the dev team didn't get done or polished before shipment, so they made a patch to be released on/near release day to address those things.

# 137 cardsfan2222 @ 03/03/10 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
OK, the Out of Town scoreboards do WORK when controlling all 30 teams. Here is how.....

You MUST sim ALL games, other than the one you want to play. Then, go play your game. The scoreboards will work then.

EDIT....It actually works as it should. Based on the time of day that YOUR game started, games that would have been completed before your game started will be FINALS. Games in progress during your game, will appear to be in progress.....and games at a later time will show 0-0 scores.
I usually go to a date and choose to play St. Louis's games. Is there a different way to do it to sim every game but my own?

# 138 sxe_hxc_amf @ 03/03/10 04:24 PM
Sorry if this was addressed already but did anyone find a temporary fix to trades being done even when everything is set to manual issue? is it something to do with the fact I set trades to instantly maybe? Instead of using that thing where I wait a few days to see what they say?

I also didnt get the new patch or any roster updates yet. I was going to wait until Monday to get the one with the potentionals fix unless you think I should get the ones out now and see if that helps any.

# 139 CubFan23 @ 03/03/10 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon88
I want the option of transferring my progress of Road to The Show in MLB 09 to the MLB 10.Will it happen?
This thread is for issues in franchise, not a request thread. Try using the search feature, this question has been answered several times on this board already.

# 140 stormshadow1 @ 03/03/10 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxe_hxc_amf
Sorry if this was addressed already but did anyone find a temporary fix to trades being done even when everything is set to manual issue? is it something to do with the fact I set trades to instantly maybe? Instead of using that thing where I wait a few days to see what they say?

I also didnt get the new patch or any roster updates yet. I was going to wait until Monday to get the one with the potentionals fix unless you think I should get the ones out now and see if that helps any.
I would like to see who else is having this issue. I think this is one of the biggest issues.

Also, I hope this is not one of the IF patch fixes. This should be a WHEN patch fix. Why play franchise if this happens?

I am going to sim a few season when I get home to see what the deal is.

Anyone else have this issue.

I posted a question to this in the forums before I saw this post. Sorry.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.