Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

EA Sports has opened its virtual doors on their NCAA Football 11 website. As seen on the right side of the site, a demo will be released in June. A new NCAA Football 11 blog has been posted here, which has a little more information from the ESPN article posted a few days ago.

Quote:
"Yes, it's true. Formation Subs are back. I'll give everyone a second to catch their breath.

A quick recap for those that might not know what Formation Subs are, basically it's a feature that allows you to make substitutions on a per formation basis. Think of them like permanent packages. So if you want a specific set of wide receivers when you run Ace - Bunch and a completely different set when running Shotgun - Trips Right you can set your team up exactly how you want through formation subs. Now you will have complete control of which players are on your "hands" team when your opponent is attempting an onside kick, which player is coming off the edge when you are attempting to block a field goal, or if you are like me, want to rotate some of the younger guys into the game in specific formations, you can do that through formation subs.

Rather than take the on-field approach to substitutions, you will be able to make your subs from the pause menu when in-game, or when in a dynasty, you can set your formation subs in the front end so that your team is ready to go as soon as the coin toss is done."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 vatechfan44 @ 03/04/10 11:54 PM
Hey man thanks for the link

# 2 Behindshadows @ 03/05/10 12:37 AM
Thanks I just became a fan on Facebook...

# 3 drowsike @ 03/05/10 01:07 AM
Lookin forward to it

# 4 doctorhay53 @ 03/05/10 02:29 AM
not to be unappreciative, but I am slightly worried they are already throwing disclaimers out there like 'don't complain, the game doesn't come out till July.'

I'm also sick of hearing 'the best NCAA yet'. BACK IT UP.

# 5 drowsike @ 03/05/10 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
not to be unappreciative, but I am slightly worried they are already throwing disclaimers out there like 'don't complain, the game doesn't come out till July.'
Those guys read the boards..they know what the community is saying..they were just trying to calm everyone down...they have to stretch the information out for each week until the demo.

# 6 moose1619 @ 03/05/10 09:01 AM
I'm glad Formations subs are back and refs are on the field, but auto save and auto load should be features that are mentioned in the instruction manual not in a new features blog. Just my honest opinion and not a bash.

# 7 SBartlett @ 03/05/10 09:33 AM
from that screenshot, looks very similar to madden 10 doesn't it? the body types and what not? hopefully the tackling is nice in it like Madden's

# 8 stoncold32 @ 03/05/10 12:34 PM
I just think it's a bad sign that stuff we NEVER would've considered(6 or 7 years ago) as "features" are now being treated as such.

To me, formation subs were about as much of a feature as players wearing helmets.

# 9 jsquigg @ 03/05/10 12:42 PM
Yawn

# 10 moose1619 @ 03/05/10 12:49 PM
stoncold i agree, escpecially since these were include on PS1 days.

# 11 Gossennator @ 03/05/10 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I just think it's a bad sign that stuff we NEVER would've considered(6 or 7 years ago) as "features" are now being treated as such.

To me, formation subs were about as much of a feature as players wearing helmets.
Same goes with auto load rosters..seems more like a bug in 10 than a feature in 11.

But that screen does excite me though..I want to see more.

# 12 huskerwr38 @ 03/05/10 01:14 PM
^^^^ It's a doctored photo.

# 13 jyoung @ 03/05/10 01:17 PM
I'll be shocked if this game is anything more than a minor update to NCAA 10.

EA just doesn't seem interested in putting a lot of resources into this series.

# 14 thejake @ 03/05/10 01:19 PM
Quote:
Be sure to check out the video to see these new additions in action as well as hear Russ Kiniry and I talk a little more about what to expect out of these enhancements to the game.
That's at the end of the blog. I don't see any video.

# 15 theharbinater @ 03/05/10 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejake
That's at the end of the blog. I don't see any video.
same here, can't find a video.

anyone got a link?

# 16 coogrfan @ 03/05/10 02:09 PM
It's my understanding that the vid clip hasn't been posted yet.

# 17 bigsmallwood @ 03/05/10 02:10 PM
If this game is no more than a minor title update....I wouldn't waste my money on it.

# 18 beau21 @ 03/05/10 02:26 PM
When you go to the site there is a quick teaser video that pops up talking about "120 Ways to Win" ...

I wonder what this is about?

EDIT: On second thought... there's 120 Division 1 schools! Duh!

# 19 Solidice @ 03/05/10 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
When you go to the site there is a video that pops up talking about "120 Ways to Win" ...

I wonder what this is about?

120 FBS teams. 1 win for each team.

# 20 beau21 @ 03/05/10 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
120 FBS teams. 1 win for each team.
Doh!

I knew that.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.