Home
MLB 10 News Post

The MLB '10: The Show updated rosters are available now.

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Bill1 @ 03/08/10 07:31 PM
Anyone still get the mess up rosters, where Jeter is in CF and etc.

# 142 Foo4Everlong @ 03/08/10 07:41 PM
Gil Velazquez is still on the Red Sox, for some reason he was moved to Free Agent. He signed a minor league contract in January. Later

*Edit* For some reason they have Gil Velazquez on the list of new transactions to Free Agent, but he IS actually on the Red Sox. Maybe a misprint. Sorry

# 143 yankeesgiants @ 03/08/10 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbently
Still nothing at 6:30. Ahh this is frustrating was very excited to get home and start my RTTS, not I have to wait even longer.
Pastapadre has them liked to sendspace.

# 144 blackpuppy @ 03/08/10 08:50 PM
What about the Prospects like the Yankees Jesus Montero or Pedro Alvarez from the Pirates. Anyone have an answer for this?

# 145 tbunz1324 @ 03/08/10 10:26 PM
has anyone found a roster file that has the prospects and the new update?

# 146 yankeesgiants @ 03/08/10 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpuppy
What about the Prospects like the Yankees Jesus Montero or Pedro Alvarez from the Pirates. Anyone have an answer for this?
They have not appeared in the majors yet so they cant be in the game.

# 147 The Police @ 03/08/10 11:09 PM
first thank god we have new rosters but I simmed a few seasons and those crazy trades are still happening will there be a patch for this?

# 148 abbbsinthe @ 03/08/10 11:13 PM
Im not too upset with 142 A prospects. That's under about 5 players per team (which is rather high) with A potential. For all 3 levels I think it's possible to find around at least 3 players per team which are rate that high! Like someone stated earlier, they won't all turn out to be A players. Maybe they gave us alot of A potential because it really is a hard level to reach for prospects. I dont know?!

# 149 yankeesgiants @ 03/08/10 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo4Everlong
Gil Velazquez is still on the Red Sox, for some reason he was moved to Free Agent. He signed a minor league contract in January. Later

*Edit* For some reason they have Gil Velazquez on the list of new transactions to Free Agent, but he IS actually on the Red Sox. Maybe a misprint. Sorry
I got this conformed last year so here is how it works. Guys who are on Minor League deals or non roster invitees are dumped to the FA list eventually because they are not part of the 40 man roster. During the season, when a guy is DFA, he is also dumped to the free agent list. They dont put them in the minors eventhough they are still with the organization. That is how SCEA does it. Gil is currently a non roster invitee so that is why he was on the list today.

# 150 abbbsinthe @ 03/08/10 11:44 PM
Knight where are you we need you tell us everything will be OK haha! I mean geez everyone in here is about to lose their hats! I guess I'm chill about this because I dont start my franchise or RTTS until my rosters are done. Still though guys give it a bit of a rest the game just came out. Name me one baseball game that was released and didnt have any issues at all? MVP baseball had several issues. Give it a few weeks ok!

# 151 HokieB @ 03/09/10 02:03 AM
Regarding crazy trades, has anyone tried simming in Season Mode rather than Franchise Mode?

You only have about 15 minor league guys per team, rather than full A, AA, and AAA teams. Maybe the CPU won't be able to pull of these crazy trade since there aren't 10+ A-potential prospects per team.

# 152 orange33 @ 03/09/10 08:22 AM
Not really sure where to post this, so I'm sorry if i'm messing up the thread. Just got the game (much to my wifes displeasure), and i've noticed a couple things

- In spring training, lets say Derek Jeter hits a homerun, next time Jeter is up it will say that either brett gardner or curtis granderson hit the homerun in the yellow update bar on the top of the screen not jeter (gardner htis 9th, jeter leadoff, granderson 2)

- what does potential for a player really affect if i'm only going to play one season? Play every game, every inning every pitch, no simming but i still do franchise because i like to control everything for that one season. So if having Cano at a D potential isn't a big deal because i only do one season than i'm not going to start my franchise over.

# 153 19 @ 03/09/10 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange33
- In spring training, lets say Derek Jeter hits a homerun, next time Jeter is up it will say that either brett gardner or curtis granderson hit the homerun in the yellow update bar on the top of the screen not jeter (gardner htis 9th, jeter leadoff, granderson 2)
This is a known bug.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange33
- what does potential for a player really affect if i'm only going to play one season? Play every game, every inning every pitch, no simming but i still do franchise because i like to control everything for that one season. So if having Cano at a D potential isn't a big deal because i only do one season than i'm not going to start my franchise over.
Potential only matters if you play multiple seasons of RTTS or Franchise.

# 154 orange33 @ 03/09/10 04:26 PM
Thanks for the info I appreciate it. This might be a dumb question but I'll ask it....i don't have to start my franchise over for the patch to work do i? the patch affects the entire game regardless of what game mode or saved game mode you are playing correct?

# 155 douggoud @ 03/09/10 09:33 PM
i hope that most of you know that even if the player was 40 his potential is an A if it was when he was 20, thats how its been since 06, why make such a big deal out of it? just because its called potential, doesnt mean their current ability, thats what overall is for, i mean, their stats decline after they hit 30 or so, also, after a certain amount of years, the cards (during franchise and season i think) no longer say anything about their potential, so i dont quite see why you guys think its such a tragity, i mean come on,

# 156 strut24 @ 03/10/10 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1
Anyone still get the mess up rosters, where Jeter is in CF and etc.
I got the new rosters and don't seem to be having this problem. Is it that Jeter is listed as CF or that he is listed as a SS and ends up playing CF or something? Cuz i have Jeter listed at SS, Maybin CF, Hardy and O Dawg are correct etc?

# 157 ncstateguy26 @ 03/11/10 05:57 AM
Where can I D/L the update roster. i am new to the OS

# 158 Kentuckyposer @ 03/12/10 11:22 AM
When will Jason Heyward be available on a roster update? He is the top prospect in all of baseball he is also a projected starter for the Braves

# 159 racerx @ 03/12/10 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentuckyposer
When will Jason Heyward be available on a roster update? He is the top prospect in all of baseball he is also a projected starter for the Braves
When he has an offical Major League AB in a regular season game.

# 160 thegreatto @ 03/15/10 11:22 AM
Could you post the update cause i can't even update the game to 1.06 so put the file on usb stick and upload it cause i need it please and thank you and could u try to post update 1.06

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.