Home
NHL 10 News Post

NHL 10 roster update #10 is now available.

Quote:
"The NHL season is now three-quarters of the way through and teams are jockeying for position as the Road to the Stanley Cup officially begins. With the post-Olympic trade deadline past it’s tough to say which team made the best moves and only time will tell which players will respond and be that difference each GM hopes they will be.

This morning the EA SPORTS NHL team provided their regular update to include the latest trade deadline moves. Draft picks are not reflected in the update. AHL transactions are up-to-date as of March 4th while NHL lines are up-to-date as of March 5th.

*Note that Nazimi Kadri is not in the game due to him being an emergency call-up even though he is under contract with the Toronto Maple Leafs he is not a member of the NHLPA as you do not become a member of the NHLPA if you are an emergency call-up."

Game: NHL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 28 - View All
NHL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Flyermania @ 03/09/10 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
its out..
Good news...thanks Fiddy!

# 2 SENS_AK27 @ 03/09/10 10:33 AM
If you want a team that plays shut down D pick Ottawa. With guys like Volchenkov, Phillips, Carkner, Karlsson, Sutton, and Leclaire; who actually isn't bad in this game set your settings to Contain Puck, Conservative, and Forecheck High 2 -1 -2 and enjoy the lock down.

# 3 emericaridr11 @ 03/09/10 04:55 PM
i stoked time to play gm mode again

# 4 bpete07 @ 03/09/10 06:08 PM
Coin flip was won by Chicago.....I even did best out of 3 and Chicago won all 3....so I"m going with LA!!!!

# 5 emericaridr11 @ 03/09/10 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpete07
Coin flip was won by Chicago.....I even did best out of 3 and Chicago won all 3....so I"m going with LA!!!!
ha thats classic, Very Good Choice, I say put Brown at 2nd line instead of first line my reasoning..............to spread out the good players a little bit. Just my opinion thats what i did when i played with LA and I loved them

SCREW CHICAGO PEOPLE! PLAY WITH A UNDERDOG TEAMS, ITS MORE FUN TO WATCH THEM WIN.

# 6 bpete07 @ 03/09/10 08:28 PM
I haven't started it yet.....played a game the other day with the Kings and loved Brown - Doughty was a stud and I won in 3 OT's vs Anaheim.

For the trades, do you leave them on for the entry draft and then turn them on a week before the deadline? Or just leave them off totally until the week before the deadline? I don't want to see tons of trades before the start of the season, there usually aren't many trades in the entry draft.

# 7 emericaridr11 @ 03/09/10 08:59 PM
Quote:
I haven't started it yet.....played a game the other day with the Kings and loved Brown - Doughty was a stud and I won in 3 OT's vs Anaheim.

For the trades, do you leave them on for the entry draft and then turn them on a week before the deadline? Or just leave them off totally until the week before the deadline? I don't want to see tons of trades before the start of the season, there usually aren't many trades in the entry draft.
ya exactly I leave trades on for the Draft and as soon as the draft finishes I turn them off, then on again a week before the deadline and keep it on until the next draft ends then turn them off again and repeat, IMO it brings the most realistic trading we can get from this game, there will be some trades but nothing CRAZY (like Datsyuk playing for Florida or something like that). But some trades will happen and thats how it should be cause people get traded all the time in real life its IMO the only way to go.

This is what I do......
1. Trades on/off (do what is mentioned above)
2. Caps off (less Top Notch players in Free Agents list, but look at your teams cap size before you start and stay within those limits, raising or lowering it a bit based on your season performance)
3. Dont abuse Free Agents List (dont pick up every good player in FA list cause caps are off again stay within your teams caps size)
4. GM Difficulty set to Hard (the choices are Easy/Medium/Hard go Hard cause it is better you actually feel like your upgrades were worked for)
5. PLAY LIKE CRAZY

# 8 bpete07 @ 03/09/10 10:11 PM
If the CAP is off, do CPU controlled teams abuse it??

# 9 emericaridr11 @ 03/09/10 11:00 PM
Quote:
If the CAP is off, do CPU controlled teams abuse it??
ya a little bit but its worth it IMO

# 10 leafsfan2k @ 03/10/10 07:21 AM
Hi,im new to playing nhl 10 so im asking how do you update the rosters?Thank you if you answer.

# 11 mkharsh33 @ 03/10/10 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfan2k
Hi,im new to playing nhl 10 so im asking how do you update the rosters?Thank you if you answer.
do you have xbox live? if so, just go to an online game (as if you're going to play someone). it will tell you that you need to get the updated rosters...get them...save them and then back out (unless you really want to play the guy you're matched up with).

# 12 emericaridr11 @ 03/10/10 02:23 PM
or if you only have silver you go to NHL Live on the Main Page and then down to Downloads (or Roster Downloads not sure what the actual name is) and it will pull up a Huge list of the Rosters and you want the last one its got its Date on there March 8th or something like that

# 13 leafsfan2k @ 03/10/10 07:19 PM
I dont have xbox live.Is there any other possible ways?

# 14 emericaridr11 @ 03/10/10 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfan2k
I dont have xbox live.Is there any other possible ways?
check this out Fiddy hooks it up.......not sure how it works but go to this thread http://www.operationsports.com/forum...xbox-live.html

Hope this helps

# 15 emericaridr11 @ 03/13/10 04:57 PM
Little problem I have with this Roster.......I played hockey with these kids in Colorado, thats why I care and no one else probably knows these guys but..........
1. Chris Bourque- Now Plays for WBS now not Hershey
2. Drayson Bowman- Plays for Albany (not sure if he is the game or not but he should be)

NO REASON TO SCREW THESE THINGS UP I KNOW THEIR NOT KNOWN GUYS BUT I KNOW THEM AND IT BUGS ME THAT THEY CANT GET IT RIGHT

# 16 Fiddy @ 03/14/10 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emericaridr11
Little problem I have with this Roster.......I played hockey with these kids in Colorado, thats why I care and no one else probably knows these guys but..........
1. Chris Bourque- Now Plays for WBS now not Hershey
2. Drayson Bowman- Plays for Albany (not sure if he is the game or not but he should be)

NO REASON TO SCREW THESE THINGS UP I KNOW THEIR NOT KNOWN GUYS BUT I KNOW THEM AND IT BUGS ME THAT THEY CANT GET IT RIGHT
Chris Bourque has been back in the Caps organization for the past 3 months or so. The Pens waived him and the Caps picked him back up and sent him to Hersey. He has also played 1 game with the Caps since being back.

# 17 emericaridr11 @ 03/14/10 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Chris Bourque has been back in the Caps organization for the past 3 months or so. The Pens waived him and the Caps picked him back up and sent him to Hersey. He has also played 1 game with the Caps since being back.
REALLY? got waived again? CAPS PICKED HIM UP AGAIN AFTER GETTING RID OF HIM? thanks for the info Fiddy YOU MUST BE A PENS FAN IF YOU KNOW THIS HUH?, and I checked and Bowman is in there so i guess I have no problems with this roster now

# 18 Fiddy @ 03/14/10 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emericaridr11
REALLY? got waived again? CAPS PICKED HIM UP AGAIN AFTER GETTING RID OF HIM? thanks for the info Fiddy YOU MUST BE A PENS FAN IF YOU KNOW THIS HUH?, and I checked and Bowman is in there so i guess I have no problems with this roster now
the caps didnt want rid of him. he didnt have any more times left to be sent down. so they had to put him on waivers. so they snagged him back up when the pens waived him.

# 19 ComaFaction @ 03/20/10 10:55 AM
This game could use one last ratings update, particularly for teams like Colorado.

# 20 mkharsh33 @ 03/20/10 02:17 PM
I was over at PetrPucks site the other day... Looks like they may give us one more update (360). Once they do, I'll probably start my real-life BAGM...

But I agree with you (comafaction)... one more ratings update would be really nice!

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.