Home
Tiger Woods 11 News Post

IGN has posted their hands-on preview of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11.

Quote:
"Once I got the controller in my hand and got to try the game for myself, things were instantly familiar. Powering up your shot is still the A button (X on PS3), looking at your shot is a tap of the B button (circle on PS3) and switching clubs is done via the shoulder buttons, just as you remember. One of the new features that EA Sports refused to talk about is a focus meter that depletes as you power up your shot. The consequence for losing focus wasn't made clear, but we'll share the details as soon as we get them.

EA was, however, open to talking about the various graphical improvements that they've made to this year's game. While player models look very similar, individual blades of grass are better articulated than they have been in the past, the clouds in the sky now move and flow as they should. There are also new cloth physics that make clothes react accurately to a gusting breeze (wind now gusts unpredictably, by the way) or a soft wind. This year's Tiger takes a nice step forward visually while not overhauling the graphics engine that we all know so well.

The final addition that I noticed (again, EA Sports wouldn't talk about it) during my time with Tiger 11 was what appeared to be a multiplayer leveling system. As the developer from EA Sports tried to set up a 12-on-12 online match I was shown the lobby system where players can join up. During a momentary loading time as the game looked for players the screen read, "looking for players within 98 levels of you." That leads me to believe that players will be able to progress through 100 levels of golfing prowess, earning unlocks along the way. What those unlocks will be and how they'll affect gameplay is yet to be revealed or even acknowledged by EA."

Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11Hype Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 9 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 Videos
Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.