Home
News Post

Quote:
"Some of you may already be familiar with Marcus Stephenson. He has been around for quite some time driving community initiatives or just being accessible within the community. After running a Madden fan site for years he took a position as a Community Manager at the EA Canada studio before moving between a few different projects, most notably as a Producer on NBA Live 10. He has now left the EA Sports studio and holds the position of Game Designer for WWE Smackdown vs Raw at THQ. I had the opportunity to ask Marcus a few questions about his time at EA and his new role at THQ."

Source: Pasta Padre

Member Comments
# 1 SmashMan @ 03/12/10 10:27 AM
I'm VERY excited that he's opening the lines of communication. I know they've said they read the boards, but to have someone that will answer as many questions as possible will be great for the community.

I'm warning Marcus now though. I have such a passion for wrestling (as he does) and love talking about it that I'm going to take full advantage of these open lines of communication. It'll be completely respectful, but you'll probably get annoyed by it at some point. I can't help it.

# 2 Fiddy @ 03/12/10 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
I'm VERY excited that he's opening the lines of communication. I know they've said they read the boards, but to have someone that will answer as many questions as possible will be great for the community.

I'm warning Marcus now though. I have such a passion for wrestling (as he does) and love talking about it that I'm going to take full advantage of these open lines of communication. It'll be completely respectful, but you'll probably get annoyed by it at some point. I can't help it.
and he will just say "i cant answer that." lol

# 3 stephensonmc @ 03/12/10 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
and he will just say "i cant answer that." lol
trust me my man, I won't be annoyed. We all want the same thing here

I've been around the block as far as community engagement goes, and I think it only benefits what we're doing. You'll see me here all of the time!

# 4 scarface scotty @ 03/12/10 11:15 AM
This is definitely a step in the right direction...if what he does for SvR is anywhere near what he did for NBA Live, I will pick it up on release day without hesitation!

# 5 SmashMan @ 03/12/10 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc

I've been around the block as far as community engagement goes, and I think it only benefits what we're doing. You'll see me here all of the time!
Okay, so you won't be annoyed, but you're still going to hear a lot from me. Now I just need to make any ideas I have clear and concise.

I'm just way too excited about this news. And because I didn't say it in my previous post...Congrats Marcus!

# 6 stephensonmc @ 03/12/10 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Okay, so you won't be annoyed, but you're still going to hear a lot from me. Now I just need to make any ideas I have clear and concise.

I'm just way too excited about this news. And because I didn't say it in my previous post...Congrats Marcus!
That's all I ask. We all want the same thing, so now that you know that, let's have a conversation, which can be WAY more productive!

# 7 SmashMan @ 03/12/10 12:22 PM
Quote:
That's all I ask. We all want the same thing, so now that you know that, let's have a conversation, which can be WAY more productive!
Hey, you were going to hear a lot from me regardless, and it was always going to be respectful/constructive...just up to you whether or not it annoyed you, you know? But now that I know it won't, it's all good.

# 8 23 @ 03/12/10 12:35 PM
Congrats on the new job Steph!

# 9 FedEx227 @ 03/12/10 12:43 PM
Congrats man, you have a hell of a task in front of you.

# 10 ExtremeGamer @ 03/12/10 12:47 PM
This..is awesome!

Very excited for the future of WWE games now.

# 11 sharks @ 03/12/10 01:05 PM
Wow. I had no idea you left EA. I really love the work you did on NBA LIVE 10. When you were announced the FIFA Online Community Manager I thought you were staying with EA. You have to do what you want though. Congratulations on the new job in something your passionate about.

I'm a hockey and football fan first, but maybe you can get me into wrestling. After all, I am not a soccer fan but I bought FIFA 10 and I love it, and I am not much of a basketball fan but I love NBA LIVE 10. So maybe I will buy your game next year.

Also I will follow news about this game because I follow news about pretty much every sports game. I will be asking you questions soon enough.

# 12 stephensonmc @ 03/12/10 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedEx227
Congrats man, you have a hell of a task in front of you.
A welcome one my friend

# 13 Fiddy @ 03/12/10 02:12 PM
Quote:

i was just quoting ya from the article.. just jagging!! im glad to see ya on this game, bc you will be active on the boards and keep us wwe gamers entertained..

congrats!!

# 14 stephensonmc @ 03/12/10 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
i was just quoting ya from the article.. just jagging!! im glad to see ya on this game, bc you will be active on the boards and keep us wwe gamers entertained..

congrats!!
Thanks Fiddy, I'm looking forward to it!

# 15 Behindshadows @ 03/12/10 03:52 PM
Congrats broham! Now I might actually buy a Wrestling game again....I haven't played on since Wrestlemania 2000 on N64.

# 16 stephensonmc @ 03/12/10 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
See I totally called that (I think ),just thought it'd be an EA wrestling game.

I'll be looking forward to SvR 12 as I'm guessing this year isn't enough for the much needed overhaul. I'll just say the same thing I said when you were working on Live as it's more applicable here,aim for Fire Pro quality.
I own Fire Pro!

This will be fun, I can already tell.

# 17 The GIGGAS @ 03/12/10 04:14 PM
In the next SvR... I want NXT. I want some of the stories in the RtWM or whatever mode to have me start as a rookie on NXT. I love everything about NXT.

I'd really like it if I had all 8 rooks as part of NXT on disk or DLC. I'd pay for the Am Dragon. I might pay for Heath Slater so I could kick his *** every time with Am Dragon.

# 18 stephensonmc @ 03/12/10 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
In the next SvR... I want NXT. I want some of the stories in the RtWM or whatever mode to have me start as a rookie on NXT. I love everything about NXT.

I'd really like it if I had all 8 rooks as part of NXT on disk or DLC. I'd pay for the Am Dragon. I might pay for Heath Slater so I could kick his *** every time with Am Dragon.
Long time GIGGAS -- too long...

You know, I thought about that SAME thing when NXT started. I have a few ideas in me for sure

goh, not yet, let me get settled -- I'll let you know!

# 19 The GIGGAS @ 03/12/10 04:28 PM
Steph, have you ever played TEW? http://www.greydogsoftware.com/tew2010/

It's generally from more of a booking standpoint, but maybe you can get some ideas from that game. Granted, I don't know what... but I'm not being paid with coming up with ideas, am I?

# 20 stephensonmc @ 03/12/10 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Steph, have you ever played TEW? http://www.greydogsoftware.com/tew2010/

It's generally from more of a booking standpoint, but maybe you can get some ideas from that game. Granted, I don't know what... but I'm not being paid with coming up with ideas, am I?
I actually started getting a little into it after seeing you talk about it one time.

I'm familiar with it, but have read up on it only, and not played it.

I will give it a shot!

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.