Home
NBA JAM News Post

Check out the EA Sports NBA Jam exclusive debut trailer.

You can check out a better resolution of the video on our Youtube channel.

Game: EA Sports NBA JAMReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPad / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 16 - View All
EA Sports NBA JAM Videos
Member Comments
# 21 SageInfinite @ 03/13/10 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
What were you expecting man?

Dont get me wrong, im not interested, but its NBA Jam?
I just don't like the way it moves. The dunks look alot stiffer than the original. Everything just looks extra stiff to me. There are more things that bother me, but mostly I guess it's my hatred for EA this generation that is making them stand out more, lol.

# 22 23 @ 03/13/10 06:59 PM
I guess thats possible but it looks like NBA Jam like to me

Im still not sold. I enjoyed that genre while it lasted though but I couldnt spend 50 bucks on a game like this

# 23 youvalss @ 03/13/10 07:45 PM
The first NBA Jam to have sleeves...LOL.

I would get tired of the game after 5 minutes...I guess I'm too much of a sim guy.

# 24 Phillmattic @ 03/13/10 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
Trolling.. pfft. Ive been playing games going back to when Pong was it's own console and you had to use a butterknife to hook up the RF switch and play on Ch. 3.
Not only is there mario running, some of the stuff is so stiff looking..(and I animate). Also the cpu is just standing in place around the 3pt line after the person goes up for an insane dunk. Where's the attempt to hard foul or block by the cpu? It doesn't look smooth as this old clip of Jam, and this is on better hardware, then the old Genesis/Snes days.
Here's some Ambersol so you dont get a toothache.....bite away.
Having the game "stiff looking" was obviously a design choice. They wanted to stay true to the original as possible and keep the overall wacky feel of the game. They have another over the top NBA basketball game with more detailed graphics and better animation, it's called NBA Street.

Wait, never mind...

This is a teaser trailer for NBA JAM. Your complaining about defensive AI, in a teaser trailer for NBA JAM? I'm not going to need Ambersol for my tooth, although I'll probably need Tylenol for my headache after reading that foolishness.

C'mon son.

# 25 noshun @ 03/14/10 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I just don't like the way it moves. The dunks look alot stiffer than the original. Everything just looks extra stiff to me.
I agree.. the stiffness and how non agressive the cpu is to not trying to stopping you from dunking like it used to kills it for me.

# 26 Shinyhubcaps @ 03/14/10 04:39 AM
I saw the trailer, thought it looked kinda cool... then I perused the NBA Jam site, and it doesn't look like they know at all what they're doing. I've seen nearly as many misspellings of names as the NBA Ballers site, and they have pre-trade deadline polls for who should be on the teams in the game. I think those who do play are going to have outdated rosters faster than NBA Street Homecourt (which had outdated rosters when it shipped).

The graphics are pretty cool, though. Are those actual player photos for the faces?

# 27 yamabushi @ 03/14/10 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Must not have liked the original then. Looks more of the same with the possible addition of dribble moves.
Cant count how much money I dropped into the originals, but its 2010, lets move on already.

# 28 Fiddy @ 03/14/10 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamabushi
Cant count how much money I dropped into the originals, but its 2010, lets move on already.
then dont buy it.. this will sell pretty good on the wii and if on live and psn just as good. people love arcade hoops, bc the sim games leave a lot to be desired.

# 29 jyoung @ 03/14/10 09:12 PM
I don't get the hate for this one.

Looks like NBA Jam to me.

Were you guys expecting something else?

# 30 WeLLWeLL @ 03/15/10 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33

Agreed. Looks like an updated product of the arcade version of NBA Jam...which ate a ton of my quarters.

# 31 Fiddy @ 03/15/10 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33

for some reason people were expecting something different.

this looks great IMO, made me fire up the old school nba jams. had a blast yesterday playing them. video games are obviously suppose to be fun and nba jam is all of that and more..

# 32 Pared @ 03/15/10 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamabushi
Should those looking forward to Tecmo's football release move on too?

Street Fighter fans?

There's nothing wrong with a remake. A fun game is a fun game.

# 33 newgen1 @ 03/15/10 10:37 AM
EA is soooo lazy. They have the same side lines for each team. The coach is even in the same place and never moves. I know this won't take away from the actual game play but it just shows how lazy EA has gotten. What harm would it be to have an animated side line as well, at least have to coach walk around a little...lol

# 34 Pared @ 03/15/10 11:29 AM
Ignore it Jersey. Save yourself the grief. lol

# 35 The 24th Letter @ 03/15/10 07:54 PM
Your right Pared....I cant believe what its come to around here...good god lol. Anyway, I can wait! Looks like fun...im suprised EA couldnt get Marv to do the voiceovers again though....

# 36 ezio @ 03/17/10 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
isn't it amazing how spoiled we are. No one complained about the original. It was just a fun enjoyable game that we all played and enjoyed.

Now that it's 2010 we are so spoiled that people are complaining about...
-defensive AI not being aggressive enough
-outdated rosters
-same sidelines & coaches for both teams
-movement too stiff

you guys realize this is just supposed to be a fun, arcadish game that tries to be as true to the original as possible even though its made by a different developer. Too many of you are criticizing this game as if its an NBA 2k sim game. Man we've become way too spoiled. And i thought the nitpicking for the sim games was bad.
BRAVO!!!!! Agree 100%

# 37 VDusen04 @ 03/21/10 12:51 AM
I really hope there are hidden characters.

# 38 BaselineBakes @ 03/21/10 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
you guys realize this is just supposed to be a fun, arcadish game that tries to be as true to the original as possible even though its made by a different developer. Too many of you are criticizing this game as if its an NBA 2k sim game. Man we've become way too spoiled. And i thought the nitpicking for the sim games was bad.
Agreed. Game looks very cool, I'm looking forward to it.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.