Home
EA Sports MMA News Post

By far the most interesting title at the Season Opener was EA Sports MMA. The game was on display in the form of a playable demo for the producers only to play, and for me to witness (Media was not allowed to video any game play).

I found the fighters in the game to maneuver and slide around just as you would expect from an EA Sports title; the fighters had a bit of the Fight Night footwork in there from what I could tell, but with more bounce and fluidness in their steps.

Read More - EA Sports Season Opener: EA Sports MMA

Game: EA Sports MMAReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
EA Sports MMA Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Phobia @ 03/15/10 02:41 PM
Hummm nothing to sink your teeth into. But sounds to me like it will be a standard EA title. More wide spread appeal and less true "sim" aspects.

I hope I am wrong but that is what I keep getting out of this title.

# 2 videlsports @ 03/15/10 02:51 PM
Good Article. The game looks interesting. But I don't like the Producer trying to trash UFC's title. After EA turned down DANA WHITE, they deserve what bad pub they get.They told him it was not a sport when he approached them, bbut now they are trying to make a game? This will probably be a rent only title. But I love the fight night controls.

# 3 stlstudios189 @ 03/15/10 10:16 PM
I am getting more excited for this game

# 4 RebelBuckeye @ 03/16/10 04:35 AM
No exclusive license? No monopoly on the sport?

No chance.

# 5 Money99 @ 03/16/10 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videlsports
Good Article. The game looks interesting. But I don't like the Producer trying to trash UFC's title. After EA turned down DANA WHITE, they deserve what bad pub they get.They told him it was not a sport when he approached them, bbut now they are trying to make a game? This will probably be a rent only title. But I love the fight night controls.
EA deserves to get trashed for looking down at MMA. However, that was before Peter Moore came into the fold. He's a big fan of MMA and wanted to get the UFC onboard. Unfortunately, his predecessors had already burned that bridge.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.