Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

The patch for Major League Baseball 2K10 is now available. Please post your impressions here.

Just in case you missed it, the list of fixes were announced here.

Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 261 NumberOneRB @ 04/14/10 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by humaca80
For PS3 MLB2k users, have they still neglected the PS3? No patch, no roster updates nop nothing? This is how it always has been with 2k, just wondering if its any different this year. Thanks
I know this has been beat into the ground, but if you're a PS3 owner, why go through all this torment and instead purchase The Show? 2K and VC have shown over the last couple years that they don't support the PS3 like they should. Although I very much enjoy 2K10 (and look forward to the patch), I think if I owned a PS3 I would just get The Show and not deal with the lack of developer support.

# 262 rudyjuly2 @ 04/15/10 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberOneRB
I know this has been beat into the ground, but if you're a PS3 owner, why go through all this torment and instead purchase The Show? 2K and VC have shown over the last couple years that they don't support the PS3 like they should. Although I very much enjoy 2K10 (and look forward to the patch), I think if I owned a PS3 I would just get The Show and not deal with the lack of developer support.
The Show and 2K10 are quite different though. It's not such an easy decision. Besides, the first real roster update with rookies comes out for both systems in less than 48 hours. The PS3 is getting both patches combined as one and the real patch for the game should be out fairly soon (two weeks?).

# 263 NumberOneRB @ 04/15/10 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
The Show and 2K10 are quite different though. It's not such an easy decision. Besides, the first real roster update with rookies comes out for both systems in less than 48 hours. The PS3 is getting both patches combined as one and the real patch for the game should be out fairly soon (two weeks?).
True, I was just more so playing devil's advocate. I think if I complained enough about 2K10 as a PS3 owner I would just eliminate the drama and stress and just go with the other "safer" franchise. While I think The Show has rather stale gameplay mechanics (for pitching, hitting, fielding) compared to 2K10, I do still believe it is the more complete, polished game of the two. As a 360 owner, I have no choice but to be patient and hope this next patch fixes the majority of the gameplay issues for 2K10.

# 264 thcchoi @ 04/15/10 09:07 PM
Quote:
I agree 100%

I am a PS3 user and own both games - MLB 10 the show and MLB 2k10.

IMO, we pay the same price for MLB 2k10 whether it's a 360 version or a PS3 version. Therefore, regardless of sales figures, the PS3 users must be treated in the same way as the 360 users.

Any discrimination makes the 2ksports look unprofessional indeed.

I can't wait for the patch for PS3.

# 265 rudyjuly2 @ 04/16/10 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberOneRB
I think The Show has rather stale gameplay mechanics (for pitching, hitting, fielding) compared to 2K10, I do still believe it is the more complete, polished game of the two.
I totally agree with you. The Show is FAR more polished but the commentary and gameplay mechanics of 2K10 bring me back. I also love the batting and pitching camera options of 2K10 and the slower pitch speed.

# 266 DontHateOnNumber2 @ 04/16/10 09:46 AM
So tonight's Community Developer Game thing on XBox Live is MLB 2K10. New patch today, maybe? It'd be a thought....though if it wasn't released today I bet that most of the questions asked of the developers would be regarding the fatigue and rocket arms issues.

# 267 rudyjuly2 @ 04/16/10 09:59 AM
I hope they don't touch the arm strength much. I think the issue of rocket arms is completely overblown. When you tone down fielder speed it's a non issue imo.

# 268 MoleDude @ 04/16/10 02:01 PM
Quote:
I hope they don't touch the arm strength much. I think the issue of rocket arms is completely overblown. When you tone down fielder speed it's a non issue imo.
It's a HUGE issue, actually. It becomes very apparent in franchise mode when you see stats at seasons end. The last few years no OF has had 20 assists, I think the most was like 17. In this game I've simmed the first season like 6 different times with 3 different rosters....and Manny Ramirez has broken 20 assists each season, let alone people with good arms like Kemp throwing out 30+ a couple times.

# 269 Tomba @ 04/16/10 02:54 PM
Quote:
we wouldn't have put so much time and effort into it if it wasn't an issue.

The real issue though was with the entire fielding attributes. that's been fixed though sans Tomba

# 270 MoleDude @ 04/16/10 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker
that can be fixed by slowing down the fielders, so they don't get the ball so quick, and speeding up the baserunners. Iy can also be limited by reducing AI base running aggression. I'd like to see the rocket arms reduced a bit, but the issue is way over blown. It's more cosmetic, as I'm not finding it really affecting the games as much as I would have assumed.
So it's not an issue because there are ways to make it less of an issue? Sounds to me like it's an issue. I have adjusted the sliders, and I agree that in game it doesn't effect gameplay...but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed in the patch.

Also, adjusting sliders does nothing for stat generation. So in Franchise mode, every other team will have the insane numbers but you won't (if you play every game). While I realize some people don't play Franchise, and more-so might not even care about realistic stats at seasons end...but there are people that do.

# 271 rudyjuly2 @ 04/16/10 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoleDude
I have adjusted the sliders, and I agree that in game it doesn't effect gameplay...but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed in the patch.

Also, adjusting sliders does nothing for stat generation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoleDude
It's a HUGE issue, actually. It becomes very apparent in franchise mode when you see stats at seasons end. The last few years no OF has had 20 assists, I think the most was like 17. In this game I've simmed the first season like 6 different times with 3 different rosters....and Manny Ramirez has broken 20 assists each season, let alone people with good arms like Kemp throwing out 30+ a couple times.
So you agree with me that in-game it's a non issue. I don't know how the stat engine works. If assists are broken with regards to that then they need to fix the stat engine. I haven't really tracked that.

All I'm saying is that the real issue is fielder speed. Once you bump it down to around 25 I see guys getting doubles and triples, scoring easily from 2nd on singles, etc. That to me means no gameplay issue with rocket arms. I'm not sure how other guys are judging the arm issue but that's how I look at it. In fact, the only thing they need to change is the accuracy of the arms imo.

# 272 rudyjuly2 @ 04/16/10 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
we wouldn't have put so much time and effort into it if it wasn't an issue.

The real issue though was with the entire fielding attributes. that's been fixed though sans Tomba
Maybe you should work on getting your website back up and running. Your sig doesn't work right now lol.

# 273 MoleDude @ 04/16/10 03:36 PM
Quote:
So you agree with me that in-game it's a non issue. I don't know how the stat engine works. If assists are broken with regards to that then they need to fix the stat engine. I haven't really tracked that.
All I'm saying is that the real issue is fielder speed. Once you bump it down to around 25 I see guys getting doubles and triples, scoring easily from 2nd on singles, etc. That to me means no gameplay issue with rocket arms. I'm not sure how other guys are judging the arm issue but that's how I look at it. In fact, the only thing they need to change is the accuracy of the arms imo.
I still think it's a problem and that it needs to be fixed, but with tweaks you can make it not effect gameplay like it does at default settings yes. Fielder speed is definitely a problem, and lowering it will alleviate the arm issue, I had it at 35 for a while and actually recently dumped it down to 20 and have been pretty happy with it. Arm accuracy is absolutely ridiculous...especially for catchers and OF's.

Stat generation is quite broken in regards to multiple things, but the rocket arms became apparent with OF assist numbers. I found quite a few anomalies when I messed around with it, makes me wonder if anyone at 2k bothered to sim a season or compare stats to real life numbers at all.

# 274 Tomba @ 04/16/10 07:23 PM
Quote:
Maybe you should work on getting your website back up and running. Your sig doesn't work right now lol.
ouch you'll be the first guy i pm

# 275 rudyjuly2 @ 04/16/10 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
ouch you'll be the first guy i pm
I wanted to see what you did but your site is down lol. No biggy.

# 276 Tomba @ 04/16/10 08:34 PM
Quote:
I wanted to see what you did but your site is down lol. No biggy.

I'm trying to get it up by Tuesday at the latest. I've literally had to do 30 new content write ups just for the relaunch and then archive all of last years edits too. Then working wth the coding of the site to make it efficient as well. Trying to make sure content can be easily accessible that's all.

Never mind having to make sure my host can handle the traffic etc.

Just a lot of work on top of doing the 360 version of MLB 2k10 by myself

# 277 LanteriX @ 04/17/10 03:20 PM
Is the 2nd patch live? I had to download something when I turned on MLB 2k10 a few minutes ago. Wondering if it was just a random occurence or not.

# 278 tremendous @ 04/17/10 04:15 PM
Was it patch #2 for 360 today?

# 279 MoleDude @ 04/17/10 04:37 PM
Nothing in the 2k forums, but there wasn't for the roster update either. Didn't see anything from ron2k's twitter.

So I doubt it.

# 280 Tomba @ 04/20/10 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imapotato
If you think this game is getting a second patch, don't put any money on it.
I'm also doubtful.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.