Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

The patch for Major League Baseball 2K10 is now available. Please post your impressions here.

Just in case you missed it, the list of fixes were announced here.

Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 jeffy777 @ 03/17/10 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
Well, I was playing 'My Player' in a spring training game and the Astros left Roy Oswalt game into the 5th inning, ahead 6-0 and on 109 pitches.
That's usually about as long as they'll let a guy stay in, which isn't bad. Usually the CPU will yank their starter at around 100-110 pitches. Before the patch, they were leaving them in for 130-140+ pitches, so it's definitely better than it was pre-patch, though it still needs work.

# 162 Fullmetalpanic7 @ 03/17/10 10:27 PM
Has anyone else had the game like stop for a split second then resume since the patch?

It's happened every game I've played since I downloaded the patch. Usually when I'm pitching and it's messing up my gestures. It's like everything stops then picks right back up.

I also had a ground ball hit up the middle to my 2ndbaseman (Valbuena) with runners at the corners and he stepped on 2nd base, but wouldn't throw to 1st to complete the double play. He just stood there.

# 163 BigBlue @ 03/17/10 10:39 PM
Animation ugliness post patch... After a foul ball, my batter's top half is at the ready in his batting stance while his lower half floats in underneath him. It happens a few times per game. ABSOLUTELY SLOPPY, 2K. I do not have hurry-up baseball turned on. Let the batter's routine completely play out, please.

BigBlue

# 164 NumberOneRB @ 03/17/10 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue
Animation ugliness post patch... After a foul ball, my batter's top half is at the ready in his batting stance while his lower half floats in underneath him. It happens a few times per game. ABSOLUTELY SLOPPY, 2K. I do not have hurry-up baseball turned on. Let the batter's routine completely play out, please.

BigBlue
You explained the scenario perfectly. I couldn't have said it better myself (about the first part explaining that "glitch"). The glitch didn't start happening until after the patch release.

# 165 duke776 @ 03/17/10 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberOneRB
This is something I started noticing as well. Its not enough to really take away from the game, but it is noticeable in certain situations. I wonder what they did in the patch to cause this issue to crop up?
Yeah, I really only notice it when pitching, but it's quite ugly and only happens with certain pitchers. I saw it once when I was batting, but that was the only time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullmetalpanic7
I also had a ground ball hit up the middle to my 2ndbaseman (Valbuena) with runners at the corners and he stepped on 2nd base, but wouldn't throw to 1st to complete the double play. He just stood there.
I had a problem with a double play tonight as well, but a different situation then yours. Ground ball to Derek Lee, I step on first, the runner who was on first is only halfway to 2nd. I should easily throw him out. Nope, the game won't let me throw the dang ball. This causes the game to get tied up in the bottom of the 9th when it should've ended. I did go on to win the game in 13, but very frustrating I had to play those extra 4 innings to get a win that I should've had earlier.

# 166 jeffy777 @ 03/18/10 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
Someone is here mentioned it, but the ball is releasing from the pitchers hand terribly again like last year. They had it fixed before the patch, but now it's broken again.
I've noticed this a couple times as well, only with certain pitchers. It's weird that this this has only been noticeable after the patch....

# 167 Eddivegas @ 03/18/10 12:25 AM
thanks 2K for the 1st patch. it was crap. we pay $60 for better gameplay, not base coaches.

anyone know when the next patch will be? I'm not starting my franchise until certain things are remedied...

# 168 croc500 @ 03/18/10 12:59 AM
I havent downloaded the patch, with these impressions, I think I might be better off not downloading it. I dont play online.

# 169 Checmate101 @ 03/18/10 09:12 AM
Hope, 2k can give us back the pitchers/batters routines and get rid of that blue flash...I turned hurry up baseball off, I shouldn't be seeing that. I want to see batters step in and out of the batter box, pitchers walk around the mound, etc

# 170 bobbyk @ 03/18/10 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loogs
Gameplay
• Added Check Swings.

will determine the fate of the game for me.
Do I have to do something in order to get the patch downloaded? I haven't been able to check swing at all and I haven't seen the CPU do it either. I assume you simply pull back on the RS but after 4 games yesterday, no luck.

Also, I do not see a way to throw a pitchout. Can anyone tell me how to do that? I looked over the controller setup several times and don't seem to see Pitch out there....I hope I just am not missing it...I think that may be the case though cuz I haven't read anything about it missing....Any help?

Thank you!

# 171 bobbyk @ 03/18/10 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
1-In order to download the patch, you simply need to be connected to Xbox live and it will prompt you to download it. (it says something like "there is an update available for this game.") So; if you do not have an xbox live account you need to make one. (Xbox live Silver is free.)

2-To check your swing you must yank back on the swing stick once starting a swing. (IE for contact swings you push and HOLD the RS up. For Power swings you pull back then push and HOLD the RS up. If you want to check either type of swing instead of holding the RS up, yank back on it quickly. If you do this too late however the ump will still call it a strike since you swung too far forward.)

3-The perform a pitchout; choose the pitch type you want to throw, but dont start doing the gestures with the RS. Instead hit and hold "X"

(This if for the 360, the PS3 is the same methods but different buttons.)
Thank you so much for the quick reply. I was aware of how it was supposed to work...or at least I assumed it to work the way you explained...as that is how it worked in 09 version. However, I just couldn't make it happen. BUT I went back in this morning and BINGO...there is it....check swings NO PROBLEM.

Thanks too for the info on the pitchout. I wonder if I just missed it in the controller setup.... Anyway, I appreciate now having the information. Nice to get such a quick reply. Thanks again!

# 172 NumberOneRB @ 03/18/10 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
Yeah, I really only notice it when pitching, but it's quite ugly and only happens with certain pitchers. I saw it once when I was batting, but that was the only time.

I had a problem with a double play tonight as well, but a different situation then yours. Ground ball to Derek Lee, I step on first, the runner who was on first is only halfway to 2nd. I should easily throw him out. Nope, the game won't let me throw the dang ball. This causes the game to get tied up in the bottom of the 9th when it should've ended. I did go on to win the game in 13, but very frustrating I had to play those extra 4 innings to get a win that I should've had earlier.
I've had some similar issues here and there regarding this same issue. There are times during a potential double play, when the game will not allow me to throw for the second out. VC's next patch needs to address the lack of control users have when fielding. If they can somehow open this up, I think some of these issues will at least be significantly minimized.

# 173 Juiceman @ 03/18/10 11:37 AM
A couple post-patch impressions:

1) Definitely no issues with stats when simming pre-season in Franchise. I tried this twice last night and everything looked great at the beginning of the regular season (360).

2) While stamina is not fixed, taking pitchers out around 100-110 pitches IS fixed. Before they were staying in for 130+. I haven't seen that post-patch. And I'm seeing more pitcher substitutions at the proper times by the CPU.

3) I hadn't played online pre-patch, but it's unplayable with the delay in batting post-patch. Pitching seems to be fine, but there is a big delay in batting. When you have a timing based batting system you cannot have a delay like that. My friend and I tried two games thinking that the first time was just a bad connection and that was not the case. We quit the game because of the delay on swinging; it makes online unplayable in both our eyes. That's a shame.

And separately, I've yet to get any feedback on this except from my friend who is confirming what I see: MLB ticker scores don't work. They show 0-0 and never update, however we both see NBA scores on the ticker get updated constantly. This is really frustrating. For my Franchise I put on the franchise ticker instead and that's actually a really cool ticker. I still want MLB scores to update in the ticker for other modes though.

# 174 Jeter @ 03/18/10 02:06 PM
Post-patch impressions. Comments welcome.
Stealing remains absolutely broken, including pitcher pickoffs. CPU is always way safe (stealing success at "5"!), human always out. CPU picks you off at least once per game, even with a short lead.
(stealing workaround: Reduce opposing catchers arm strength, accuracy and especiallhy anticipation. You'll sometimes be safe without a throw. Watchout for PO though.)

game speed between pitches is way up.

check swing is a waste, except for cpu. Using the swing stick, it's impossible to check in tim and not really necessary. After all, you can hold the stick until the last second anyway, and just don't let go. I was mad they didn't make it for the classic button, which is where it's really needed.

Seroius lack of XBH's by cpu. This remains, like the stealing problem, from the game out-of-the-box.

Batters lower-half floating into batter's box after foul ball.

No errors and no pop-outs still there.

Lack of power on classic settings remains, and if possible is now worse.

Okay, this one'll get me bashed. The LS DOES indeed influence how hard you hit the ball. I've hit several homers and ringing doubles aiming the stick down with good timing, even though that's supposed to influence a ground ball. I know it sounds weird, but I've tested this dozens of times in drills, and it works. Don't know if this existed pre=patch also, but it's there now. Try it and comment, if you will.

# 175 lnin0 @ 03/18/10 03:12 PM
Why are people saying no errors? I had three errors in my first game after the patch. All counted as errors in the box score too. Pre-patch I was also seeing errors. It is in the game but not something you see all the time. We are playing a pro game and not as the Bad News Bears.

# 176 CMH @ 03/18/10 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeter
Post-patch impressions. Comments welcome.
Stealing remains absolutely broken, including pitcher pickoffs. CPU is always way safe (stealing success at "5"!), human always out.
This is not true. You have to learn how to steal and take the right jumps.

I can steal bases and I can throw out base runners stealing against me.

Is it hard? Yes, definitely. However, I'm not convinced it's broken. I studied how the CPU takes jumps and been doing the same with some success. Convinced I need to do better and can do better.

# 177 nld230 @ 03/18/10 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
Why are people saying no errors? I had three errors in my first game after the patch. All counted as errors in the box score too. Pre-patch I was also seeing errors. It is in the game but not something you see all the time. We are playing a pro game and not as the Bad News Bears.
League average error total for team: 96

I've seen two errors (catcher) and one OF error. NO IF errors. People continue to try and talk themselves into the idea that the lack of fielding errors is okay. It isn't. Not if you want a real baseball game.

# 178 mwjr @ 03/18/10 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
How much longer did they leave him in the game after that? How many pitches did he throw before being taken out? Leaving a guy in in the 5th on 109 pitches isn't horribly bad. Especially if the manager wants to save the bullpen and not have them throw 5 innings, it also gives the pitcher the opportunity for getting the win.
Except that it was spring training.

# 179 jeffy777 @ 03/18/10 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
Except that it was spring training.
I don't think this game uses any different managing logic for spring training or regular season games.

# 180 FenwayMac @ 03/18/10 09:23 PM
I got in a couple games last night and got stuck on some cut scenes that froze the game up twice. The first time I rebooted, the second time I subbed in a new pitcher and that "unstuck" it, but I also lost Lester who was throwing a gem and put in a cold Papelbon who faced Arod. Guess what happened? POW!

I actually can steal a bit now, and have also thrown out stealers. Do we have any control on slide type though?

One more question. If I decide to trudge forth with this season, when the next patch comes out, will it take effect on my current franchise, or will I need to start over again? I know that roster updates lock in, but what about all the other changes?

thanks!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.