Home
MLB 10 News Post

The second patch will be live on Thursday 3-18-10. The fix list is below. Also, this patch was worked after the game had shipped, so we had a chance to address issued reported by consumers. We fixed all we could given the time frame for this patch to go live as soon as possible. While I'm sure it doesn't cover all issues you are experiencing, we are continuously investigating other problems and we will update everyone once we have more concrete information. Regarding problems with leagues, some of these issues can be fixed server side, while others may require a patch. Again, we will keep the community updated on this situation as best as possible. We thank you for your patience and help identifying these issues.

PATCH 2::

- Fixed issue with the auto-fix feature in rosters not working correctly all the time when a downloaded roster was used.

- Fixed issue to accurately show the number of games in progress when looking at the game/lobby room list.

- Fixed issue causing players placed on trade waivers to not be withdrawn if claimed by a user controlled team (offline season).

- Fixed issues with attendance.

- Make sure players placed on release waivers retain their contracts until they clear waivers.

- Allow teams to send down a reliever and keep 2 closers on the roster.

- Only allow the CPU to trade a player once per season.

- Unranked Online Games should not count towards points, win/loss nor stats.

- Fixed issue causing trades to be offered by the user's team even when set to MANUAL trades.

- Fix catcher throw decisions when AUTOTHROWING is on

- Create a player using these stances/deliveries:

Stances:
Bay, Jason
Barmes, Clint
Barton, Daric
Fukudome, Kosuke
Kemp Matt
Longoria, Evan

Pitch Deliveries:
Kuroda, Hiroki
Lilly, Ted

- Scout challenge from certain locations addressed.

- Intentional walk Online gaemplay issue addressed.

- Merged Sounds of the show fix. Fix for overflow problem when storing more than 255 songs. This is referring to storing the songs in a playlist.

- Exiting chatroom fix after completing the game.

- Fixed bug with ball warping into fielder's glove from the outfield on a line drive.

- Fix exiting Bullpen issue.

- Addressed issue with large attendance numbers being displayed properly.

- Fixed bug causing position players to be in the bullpen leading to an issue in franchise and career mode.

- Cacthers no longer get ruled an error on drop 3rd strikes.

- The power vs left bar on the pitcher x batter screen is working properly now

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 yopis @ 03/17/10 07:02 PM
Brilliant work glad these guys came through.

# 22 CubFan23 @ 03/17/10 07:03 PM
Nothing that SCEA does surprises me anymore, They are a top notch Company that delivers everytime!

Thanks to Russell and the whole team for all their hard work & getting this patch out to us!

# 23 yopis @ 03/17/10 07:11 PM
I will admit that I had my doubts about these guys even though the game has been great these last few years.I wont be so quick to write off this dev team again.Good work and big thumbs up.

# 24 jethrotull @ 03/17/10 07:15 PM
Waiver Issue

Is this referring to the Superstar talent on the waiver wire at the end of the year?

For instance I simmed through a season and picked up Fielder, Dotel, etc... off of waivers.

# 25 Skyboxer @ 03/17/10 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Looks like PastaPadre's article was all for nothing.
Which makes him consistant.

# 26 Skyboxer @ 03/17/10 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldu
This is great! Will there be more patches? I am a auto field gamer and all ball marker aids stay on even when they are turned off. This will get fixed eventually, right?
No they don't.... Just double checked and they are all off ..
I play with region on but catch position off with no problem. Just turned both off and they are not showing up.

# 27 vegaas @ 03/17/10 07:24 PM
I give a big round of applause to the SCEA guys for getting this out so quickly. Well done.

# 28 Foo4Everlong @ 03/17/10 07:27 PM
This was an unexpected surprise! Just a quick question of the stances/deliveries.

Stances:
Bay, Jason
Barmes, Clint
Barton, Daric
Fukudome, Kosuke
Kemp Matt
Longoria, Evan

Pitch Deliveries:
Kuroda, Hiroki
Lilly, Ted

Is this the entire list or just the standouts? I know the list that we compiled was bigger, so just curious if all were added from that list or just the above???? Thanks for everything Russell and SCEA. The greatest game gets better and better all the time. Later

# 29 Garcia @ 03/17/10 07:36 PM
Above and beyond SCEA! Every single year! Good good stuff.

# 30 Russell_SCEA @ 03/17/10 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo4Everlong
This was an unexpected surprise! Just a quick question of the stances/deliveries.

Stances:
Bay, Jason
Barmes, Clint
Barton, Daric
Fukudome, Kosuke
Kemp Matt
Longoria, Evan

Pitch Deliveries:
Kuroda, Hiroki
Lilly, Ted

Is this the entire list or just the standouts? I know the list that we compiled was bigger, so just curious if all were added from that list or just the above???? Thanks for everything Russell and SCEA. The greatest game gets better and better all the time. Later

What we could do given the time frame also that thread got off track and people started posting players with generic stances and not hidden ones fyi.

# 31 JayD @ 03/17/10 07:43 PM
Awesome guys! Are we going to be able to view players now when going through the trading block screen?

# 32 vegaas @ 03/17/10 07:53 PM
Just because someone has to ask it. Will franchises have to be restarted?

# 33 dallas0112 @ 03/17/10 07:53 PM
You guys at SCEA rock, thank you.

# 34 Pyro @ 03/17/10 07:59 PM
Well this is a pleasant surprise, thanks to all the devs @ SCEA!

# 35 Russell_SCEA @ 03/17/10 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaas
Just because someone has to ask it. Will franchises have to be restarted?

They shouldn't but please let us know on Thursday what happens thx

# 36 Skyboxer @ 03/17/10 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldu
This is great! Will there be more patches? I am a auto field gamer and all ball marker aids stay on even when they are turned off. This will get fixed eventually, right?
Quote:
No they don't.... Just double checked and they are all off ..
I play with region on but catch position off with no problem. Just turned both off and they are not showing up.
Totally take back what I said. I turned everything off and for whatever reason it worked for 1 inning I SWORE!! but now they stay on.

I know they were both off in 1st game I tested... just need to see WTF is going on now...

TBC

UPDATE: they both will stay off on anything but Auto fielding... weird!! On Auto fielding they stay on..

# 37 callmetaternuts @ 03/17/10 08:03 PM
Does the bullpen thing fix the Trop issue? Just about ready to ramp up a new franchise tomorrow. Glad to see some of the franchise logic was touched.

# 38 Foo4Everlong @ 03/17/10 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
What we could do given the time frame also that thread got off track and people started posting players with generic stances and not hidden ones fyi.

I know that there are two good lists within that Hidden stance/delivery thread that were pretty accurate (pages 3 and 7), so if u guys have the time to put in the rest for the next patch it would be greatly appreciated by those of us that like to deal with the rosters. Thanks again Russell. Later

# 39 roolz @ 03/17/10 08:06 PM
B-E-A-Utiful

Fantastic work SCEA, unexpected but delighted with this quick release

# 40 greenngold01 @ 03/17/10 08:07 PM
Quote:

- Fixed issue causing trades to be offered by the user's team even when set to MANUAL trades.
I don't know why this is confusing me, but now the CPU won't trade for me? Meaning I don't have to do 30-team control with 29 dummy profiles for all other teams not my own?
Quote:
- Fix exiting Bullpen issue.
Trop? This is important since I'm playing as Tampa this season (although I can remember to just access the bullpen via the start menu instead of up on the d-pad)

TOTALLY off topic, but is there anyway I can turn off the graphic telling me that UP on the d-pad is quick menu or SQUARE is power swing (They switch back and forth)?? I like as little graphics as possible (unless they are television broadcast-related) and I don't need to be reminded of these two simple commands.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.