Home
MLB 10 News Post

MLB '10: The Show patch #2 is available now. Please post your impressions here.

You can find all the patch notes right here.

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 metal134 @ 03/19/10 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Wait? You said your were seconds away from buying a PS3, but didn't, but you still have DL the patch? Please explain this?
I think he was saying that he was about to buy a new PS3 because the game kept freezing and he thought it was his system.

# 142 Dodgersnlakers109 @ 03/19/10 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFSONY?
I absolutely love this game for everything it is - except for how POORLY it runs. I was seconds away from buying a new PS3 when I saw all of the posts online saying that I was one of many that had freezing problems.

Today, I download the patch #2. Hoping that everything will run 100x smoother. FYI - Right now I am playing RTTS. I am in my second season in AAA am batting over .400 have over 130 RBI, 200+ hits, almost 100 runs scored...yet still no call up. At least in MLB 09 RTTS you were called up when you stats were good!

Anyway...I am at bat when the pitcher decides to hold onto the ball and not pitch it. Causing the game to play/freeze as I call it. Which means, nothing works (pause buttons, etc.) The game continues to run and nothing happens. Awesome.

How did such HUGE...HUGE glitches in this game get overlooked at the testing stage?

Also, I wish I could put a mustache on my guy like Mike Schmidt has in this game...WTFSONY>
I have a sick SS for the rays on my RTTS got called up to the bigs in my first year hes hitting .400 so it is possible

# 143 Bat @ 03/19/10 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myloman
I like the fixes, but I won't be starting a Franchise or be playing this game heavily until the Drafted player potentials are fixed because thats a game breaker to me. The high player potential issue leads to unrealistic rotations, lineups, payrolls, free agent markets, etc and needs to be taken care of sooner rather than later.
Really how many years does it take to be a problem?

# 144 Kearnzo @ 03/19/10 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie75
What the CPU is doing really makes sense...it has set parameters for what it thinks is a viable option for certain slots in the lineup. It's making rational decisions based upon ratings.
Yeah, I get what the CPU is doing, and it does make sense on a certain level. But using the Red Sox, if I were to run into the Rays and see Longo batting 2nd, i'd shake my head a little. It doesn't bother me to the point where I won't play it, but it is a little frustrating.

I'm just wondering if I should live with it and play franchise just controlling my team, or continue to play by controlling all teams.

# 145 sportyguyfl31 @ 03/19/10 08:51 AM
Ahhhhh...screw it.

I'm just going to control my team and let whatever transactions happen, happen..in my virtual baseball world.

I just want to play, not tap into my inner Bud Selig.

# 146 sportyguyfl31 @ 03/19/10 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
The thing with Rollins...while at first may be a WTH moment....it's his "power" that's putting him down and Victorino at the leadoff spot.
Vic is slightly faster....Rollins has more power...
The game is seeing that and making the change.

M.K.
Knight165

Yeah..same with Wright batting in the 2 hole.

It looked weird to me at first, but i kinda like it, after my first two games of the season.

Wright is a solid contact, gap hitter with some pop.

If Reyes gets on and I steal, I have a pretty good shot of at worst, advancing him over.

If I hit away, anything hit into the gaps is a run.

Its pretty nice.

On another note, whats a good slider setting to get the CPU pitcher to throw more balls?

The CPU, more often then not, tends to go outside the zone when ahead in the count, or when tired.

This is really the only thing I want to change from default All Star.

I rarely see 2-0, 3-0, 3-1 counts in the early innings..even from tuna can pitchers.

# 147 brunnoce @ 03/19/10 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anavar
Have any of you guys noticed that the ball is not as 'bouncy'?? It doesn't ricochet off the walls as crazy as before? This is a good thing by the way.

I can't put really put my finger on it, but 10 is just so much better and different than 09. It's just so clean. I think the hit variety stands out more than anything.
I agree about 10... the ball physics are just heads and shoulders above 09... i really feel i can hit the ball anywhere this year, its greaT!!!

# 148 ksi rankinjr @ 03/19/10 09:19 AM
I'm still getting errors on my cather on ball4's in the dirt. Is anyone else still getting this as well? I thought this was fixed.

# 149 brunnoce @ 03/19/10 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksi rankinjr
I'm still getting errors on my cather on ball4's in the dirt. Is anyone else still getting this as well? I thought this was fixed.
i think the bug still there, its just that the ticker isnt showing it anymore.

# 150 wyrm187 @ 03/19/10 10:20 AM
I believe people were talking about player potential ratings being incorrect - did they address this or was it not even an issue?

# 151 nemesis04 @ 03/19/10 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILZPWN
Kinda miffed they didn't fix the "holding the helmet" thing on RTP homers ... that was about the only thing I wanted this patch to fix ....
That animation is staying for this year, we said that when we came back from CD.

# 152 jeremym480 @ 03/19/10 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves Fan
The lineup is only an issue in games you are playing right? I mean I know the lineups are messed up in simulations as well but does it really play a factor in the final score of those games? I got tired of going in and fixing the lineups and making every decision in every organization so I put everything but trades on auto and will just fix lineups accordingly right before I play a team. That way I never see messed up lineups and I can pretend they are never messed up.

Besides some managers will tinker with different lineups during the year anyway. 1-8 doesn't stay the same all year long for most teams.
Yeah, I agree that the lineups will change. However, I went in and changed all of the lineups for each team using CBS Sportsline's projected lineup's (it took about an hour). I think they're supposed to stick if you leave them on manual and the CPU will still make adjustments for tired/injured players.

# 153 HustlinOwl @ 03/19/10 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrm187
I believe people were talking about player potential ratings being incorrect - did they address this or was it not even an issue?
Not an issue

# 154 wyrm187 @ 03/19/10 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Not an issue
thanks

# 155 HokieB @ 03/19/10 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
I woudn't consider Youk battting 2nd "Redonkulous", he has hit in that spot 101 games in his career, 2nd most games at a batting order spot.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...ear=Career&t=b
Hmmm... I did not know that. I stand corrected. I just figured the 2 hole is pretty much locked up by Predroia (who I think bats 6th or 7th in the CPU lineup).

I'm a bit OCD on the lineups, but maybe I should try and lighten up. Though I have been controlling them manually and have actually enjoyed it.

# 156 DaiYoung @ 03/19/10 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksi rankinjr
I didn't see any in my first 8 games post patch but in my last game it just happened. Maybe they have partially fixed it because it was happening every 2 or 3 games pre-patch.

# 157 Myloman @ 03/19/10 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves Fan
Well this latest patch was put into everyone's franchise. Why not go ahead and start your franchise and if they fix it you'll already be well into your franchise and be that much closer to the offseason. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't go ahead and start. I'm almost in May now, I started a couple of weeks ago and I haven't missed any of the patches or anything. I'll miss Knight's roster set but I decided I didn't want to wait for those.
No, I'm waiting for Knights roster and another patch.

# 158 Myloman @ 03/19/10 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat9th
Really how many years does it take to be a problem?
It won't take long for me since I'm usually hands off when it comes to playing games in Franchise Mode. I get into the GM aspect and since I sim 99% of the games I'll hit the 5+ year mark in a week or two depending on how much time I have to play.

# 159 PsychoBulk @ 03/19/10 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myloman
No, I'm waiting for Knights roster and another patch.
Theres no guarantee whatsoever there will be a 3rd patch, so i too am waiting for Knights roster but i would suggest if you are waiting for another patch you may never get started

# 160 Myloman @ 03/19/10 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Theres no guarantee whatsoever there will be a 3rd patch, so i too am waiting for Knights roster but i would suggest if you are waiting for another patch you may never get started
Well then it'll be an early trade in.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.