Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

As reported yesterday, the patch for NBA 2K10 is available now. Please post your impressions here.

Update: Details on the NBA 2K10 PC patch, can be found here.

Update #2: Ronnie2K has posted the following.

Update #3: Euro patch is available.

Quote:
"We're pushing all DD's to get in gear and post. Hopeful that it'll happen next week but it's in their hands. That's what I was saying yesterday in my post, maybe it'd be better to wait so all DD's and us lined up, but oh well."

Mirror: The Patches Scrolls (USA Patch)

Mirror: The Patches Scrolls (Euro Patch)

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bonannogiovanni @ 03/19/10 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
PC patch is now released for all versions (retail,DD) except Steam.So far:

- All fixes from the 2 patches released earlier for X360+PS3 are there plus:

* 16:10 aspect ratio is now supported
* Big men shooting 3's in My Player and Association is fixed/non existent with player roles on.Need to test more but after simming a season in Association there weren't any weird 3pt stats.
* Played a quick game Pro diffiulty with default sliders+12 March official rosters and cpu missed open jumpers.Gameplay was significally better than the ps3 version i own too.

Reminder to pc users: Download the TNT Scoreboard mod+updated arenas and all of the sudden you have a new game in your hands.
So it seems they went one step further! Big men shooting 3 is not fixed on consoles! Correct me if I'm wrong......

# 2 fearwhatnow @ 03/19/10 06:08 AM
^ It's not fixed in consoles.Obviously is was very easy to fix it so yes pc patch is now bug/glitch free.I guess the procedure to fix this glitch is more complex for consoles (new patch,QA,send it to MS,Sony etc.)
It's a big surprise that pc patch is only 52mb.Even Football Manager's patches are 90+MB.Strange.

# 3 jaosming @ 03/19/10 07:08 AM
well it's just a new exe and a random iff file

they didnt include any of the missing uniform files

# 4 hokupguy @ 03/19/10 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaosming

they didnt include any of the missing uniform files
maybe because the pc moders all ready made them in put them in the game.

# 5 tril @ 03/19/10 08:04 AM
what do the assists numbers for user and cpu look like?
post play-is there more contact
blocking fouls, and loose ball fouls-is ther an increase.

wont be able to download teh patch till later this afternoon. but detailed impressions would be good.

# 6 Bokkeballer @ 03/19/10 08:21 AM
it does not install.. thats my impression

# 7 BrianFifaFan @ 03/19/10 08:41 AM
Got it just a bit ago. Just played the Nets with my Shaq-less Cavs. Really liking how the CPU actually plays D in the paint. The Nets actually used Devon Harris as the Number One option. I ended up winning by 12, with LBJ having 34. But what I loved was it was a lot of scrappy baskets, not the dunkfest that it was pre-patch. I had about 5 and-ones. Player movement was much less herky-jerk. And, yes, the Ref bounced the ball on free throws. Really enjoyed my first game post-pach. Seems much more polished. Only thing that was a ? was at the end of the game. The
Nets should've have intentionally fouled a bit more IMO. They were only down 8 with 1:30 to go. Should've tried some IF's to extend the game. Still much more of a realistic experience. Good job, 2k. Worth the wait....

# 8 jaosming @ 03/19/10 08:42 AM
the one from 2k's website is supposed to work on the north american DVD version of 2k10.

they are releasing one sometime today or tomorrow for the international DVD version.

Steam/Direct Drive and other online places will be releasing their patches sometime in the next week

# 9 jeebs9 @ 03/19/10 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Got it just a bit ago. Just played the Nets with my Shaq-less Cavs. Really liking how the CPU actually plays D in the paint. The Nets actually used Devon Harris as the Number One option. I ended up winning by 12, with LBJ having 34. But what I loved was it was a lot of scrappy baskets, not the dunkfest that it was pre-patch. I had about 5 and-ones. Player movement was much less herky-jerk. And, yes, the Ref bounced the ball on free throws. Really enjoyed my first game post-pach. Seems much more polished. Only thing that was a ? was at the end of the game. The
Nets should've have intentionally fouled a bit more IMO. They were only down 8 with 1:30 to go. Should've tried some IF's to extend the game. Still much more of a realistic experience. Good job, 2k. Worth the wait....
Now can you see why 2k hasn't come out of my system for a few months now.....lol

I have to pick up my copy.

# 10 tril @ 03/19/10 09:01 AM
Quote:
what were your assists #s for user and cpu
and did you notice more blocking fouls calls.

# 11 Lowpressure32 @ 03/19/10 09:07 AM
Quote:
If u don't mind answering a ?. Did u notice your cpu controlled players playing better D on the perimeter? Pre-patch the AI would make your cpu controlled players leave the cpu wide open for a lot of threes or jumpers. Has this changed at all? Realistically it happens on occasions but not as often as it does in this game. Thanks in advance for your response.

# 12 BrianFifaFan @ 03/19/10 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowpressure32
If u don't mind answering a ?. Did u notice your cpu controlled players playing better D on the perimeter? Pre-patch the AI would make your cpu controlled players leave the cpu wide open for a lot of threes or jumpers. Has this changed at all? Realistically it happens on occasions but not as often as it does in this game. Thanks in advance for your response.
Better D across the board from the CPU. My only niggle is that my NPC Defenders were still getting moments of brain-death, leaving a whole lot of backdoors for the CPU. But it just feels more physical. I actually fouled out Lopez. There were a lot more collision in the paint and a lot of foul calls that I don't remember pre-patch. I also was struck by how many more fighting over/around picks animations that I don't remember seeing play out pre-patch. I'm really digging a lot of little stuff that I'm seeing. The player movement still isn't like NBA Live, IMO. But much more true to life. If I got a three, it was from ball movement and my player running off of a pick. Still a few quirks, but really a great game of B-Ball now.... Gonna play some more later, to make sure that I'm not doing the "placebo effect." But, after one game, I'm inclined to say, "no, it's really a lot better!"

# 13 BrianFifaFan @ 03/19/10 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
what were your assists #s for user and cpu
and did you notice more blocking fouls calls.
Can't remember. Should've done a box-score screen shot. Sorry. If you don't have it later, I'll get one up. Gotta go run some errands this AM, will be playing this afternoon. But I did notice that the chrge/block seems much more balanced and there were more fouls across the board, on both sides. And they felt legit.

# 14 davep @ 03/19/10 09:27 AM
Quote:
Can't remember. Should've done a box-score screen shot. Sorry. If you don't have it later, I'll get one up. Gotta go run some errands this AM, will be playing this afternoon. But I did notice that the chrge/block seems much more balanced and there were more fouls across the board, on both sides. And they felt legit.
agreed on the fouls.

I'm happy with the patch overall too. 5 months is a ridiculous amount of time to wait for one, but they did do a good job.

p.s. Does raising the durability slider increase injuries? and I had to put the hustle and quickness down to 0 for me and up to 100 for the cpu, otherwise I could just blow by everyone.

# 15 BrianFifaFan @ 03/19/10 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
agreed on the fouls.

I'm happy with the patch overall too. 5 months is a ridiculous amount of time to wait for one, but they did do a good job.

p.s. Does raising the durability slider increase injuries? and I had to put the hustle and quickness down to 0 for me and up to 100 for the cpu, otherwise I could just blow by everyone.

That's one slider I'm gonna play with. I don't like the lack of injuries. Even if it's a little one, there just doesn't seem to be enough. I can't really remember one in my Association. I have to get a new roster to have guys out. But I am digging the new gameplay. More NBA Live-like, with the Sig-styles that 2k has become famous for. With Mike Wang back, I'm really wondering what 2k can be next year. And now I don't have long to wait! See, getting the patch out later had a little "silver-lining...:

# 16 slimm44 @ 03/19/10 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaosming
the one from 2k's website is supposed to work on the north american DVD version of 2k10.

they are releasing one sometime today or tomorrow for the international DVD version.

Steam/Direct Drive and other online places will be releasing their patches sometime in the next week
I can't wait to get home to download the patch.

# 17 BrianFifaFan @ 03/19/10 10:06 AM
One more thing, Alley-Oops are toned waaaaaay down. I tried it just to see if that had gotten some love and, sure enough, The CPU D was all over them. Pretty much a steal or block every time. Everything just seemed toned down to a more realistic level across the board. I only put up 84 on 8 minute quarters with the new improved CPU D. Before I could put up right around 100 in that timeframe. So far, so good. Hopefully the online guys will be pleased next week. I don't use that much, but it'd be nice for everyone to be pleased, after such a long wait!

# 18 christian cage @ 03/19/10 10:35 AM
Are you using the default slider?

# 19 BrianFifaFan @ 03/19/10 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by christian cage
Are you using the default slider?
Yep, D is just reacting so much more intelligently. It's both in my Exhibition and existing Association games. One thing I'm loving is the CPU guards don't give up their dribble near as quick as before. There aren't many of those let's stand around and wait for the cheesy shot clock beater that never misses. I was just playing the Bobcats in my Association and Felton actually played like a point guard. I couldn't complain about a single attempt. I just saw something I never remember seeing before, JJ Hickson does an Alley-oop to Shaq (Association roster) and Shaq puts it down and goes stumbling out of bounds. Well, he runs into the guy with the floor mop and knocks him into the fans. I can't remember ever seeing it. It looked cool live, but you could see him morph through on replay. Overall, graphical quality has been polished, big time. Using the same settings I did pre-patch and game looks 10x better. Moves 10x better, too.

# 20 davep @ 03/19/10 10:54 AM
So I looked up the durability thing...it looks like if you put it around 70 you should see more. I had it at 75 (and injury severity at 75) and one of my guys went down for 4 weeks. I'll probably leave them both at 65 or 70.

I also just saw a traveling call on the cpu...something I've never seen before!

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.