Home
MLB 10 News Post

Check out the throw meter improvements in MLB '10: The Show.

Quote:
"In addition, new throw meter functionality affects both strength and accuracy taking into account the thrower's attributes. The harder you press the stronger and potentially more inaccurate your throw. For example, light taps for fielder's with weaker arm will result in weaker throws than the same tap with fielder's with stronger arms. Hard presses with fielder's with inaccurate arms will be more likely to go offline than the same press with fielders with more accurate arms.

One additional point with the new functionality is that preloading becomes more important for "catch to throw" scenarios. If the user is still holding the button and the second or third triggering mechanism (as described above) has not been completed when the branch point in the catch has been reached, the fielder will not branch to the throw. Instead, he will complete the catch animation (i.e. full anim duration till he hits the "throw ready" pose), and then use a throw ready."

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 thaSLAB @ 03/24/10 06:41 PM
I was wondering why this hadn't been posted here. Anyway, very intuitive Ramone... I don't see how anyone can complain/understand after watching this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I still would like to see a true throw cancel mechanic.
Now that would be the icing on the cake...! I love how you can redirect after pre-loading tho. Something like R1 to eat a throw/cancel would be awesome

# 22 wrigleyville33 @ 03/24/10 07:21 PM
Wow this actually helps a lot... never understood how the meter worked.

# 23 rroloco @ 03/25/10 04:06 PM
Hey guys im having problems with this.....when i play online the meter works perfectly but when i play offline then its dos not work!! the problems i s that i hold down the button for strength but i don't get the red or yellow circles only get the two first green circles and this is when i ply offline ..i don't know if are the settings or what..need help!!

# 24 JK_Livin22 @ 04/20/10 04:06 PM
Sorry, but I just can't seem to fully grasp this. First of all, when you say pre-loading, does this mean to press AND REALEASE the base icon (or L1 for cutoff) button before ever coming in contact with the ball? If so, how can you tell how long to hold down the button? If you haven't yet fielded the ball, you won't have a throw meter yet will you? Also, I'm not sure I completely understand the "branch point" terminology or what exactly they are referring to when they say "second and third triggering mechanism" in the following paragraph.

"One additional point with the new functionality is that preloading becomes more important for "catch to throw" scenarios. If the user is still holding the button and the second or third triggering mechanism (as described above) has not been completed when the branch point in the catch has been reached, the fielder will not branch to the throw. Instead, he will complete the catch animation (i.e. full anim duration till he hits the "throw ready" pose), and then use a throw ready."

I do know that I am having significant problems with my outfielders fielding the ball and then posing before throwing, while my opponents continue to fly around the bases for triple, after triple. Please help!

# 25 BravesBoy @ 04/20/10 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I still would like to see a true throw cancel mechanic.
THIS!!!

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.