Home
Tecmo Bowl Throwback News Post

Game: Tecmo Bowl ThrowbackReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 9 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 KBLover @ 03/28/10 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
The nose dive glitch has been in every version of Tecmo Bowl that I've played.

This is basically a port of the original SNES game, so there's a good chance the nose dive glitch is still in there.

If you've watched and read the interviews leading up to this game, I believe one of the producers said that they wanted to keep all the original exploits intact.

This game is not trying to be a "remake" so much as it is trying to be a "restoration."

Wow, that's sad - they even want to leave the exploits in the game.

THAT makes no sense to me.

It's bad enough it got in the game (i.e. Tecmo never got it out) but now with the change to remake it - they just leave it in? Ugh.

# 22 Flightwhite24 @ 03/28/10 09:56 PM
Had no idea this game was coming out. Alway's have bought 2 football games a year. Well now I have a 3rd and as far as glitches and patches are concerned, I probably won't have to worry. Been a long time since a game of football was "STRAIGHT FUN" and this was always's the case playing Tecmo Bowl

# 23 Warrior8o8 @ 03/28/10 10:58 PM
sweet, can't wait to try this out

# 24 FunkDockta27 @ 03/29/10 12:23 PM
To kill the defensive lurch, run a shotgun offense.
on the NES version, I had a one man wrecking crew in human games with a shotgun offense (including the Shotgun Draw) with Dexter Carter. Man that guy was pimp lol

# 25 CreatineKasey @ 03/29/10 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkDockta27
To kill the defensive lurch, run a shotgun offense.
on the NES version, I had a one man wrecking crew in human games with a shotgun offense (including the Shotgun Draw) with Dexter Carter. Man that guy was pimp lol
Yeah, I just don't like a game boiling down to only 1 or 2 viable playbooks because of this. I've played Tecmo competitively for years and would prefer more viable plays.

# 26 jyoung @ 03/29/10 01:06 PM
Yeah not using the nose tackle has been a house rule for pretty much every version of TSB.

Stick to playing friends and you won't have any issues.

# 27 NFLfan80 @ 03/30/10 09:00 AM
So you can't edit ratings and I don't hear anything about editing team uniforms either. Think I'm gonna pass.

# 28 CreatineKasey @ 03/30/10 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Yeah not using the nose tackle has been a house rule for pretty much every version of TSB.

Stick to playing friends and you won't have any issues.
I wanted to try climbing the leaderboard. Doesn't look like it'll happen if the NG dive is in. If it's not... there's really no cheese in the game. It comes down to straight skills then.... if you call skills all the random junk that happens in Tecmo

# 29 KBLover @ 03/30/10 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rm217
Ask yourself what if they opened Pandora's box and started to modify one thing, then another, and yet another and before you know it we're playing Tecmo Bowl Kickoff again!
I don't see how that applies to fixing the big cheese move in the game. Fixing one exploit isn't the same as fixing this, then this, then changing that, and changing this. It's changing one thing, arguably the only true exploit in the game.

Also, I'm tired of having to rely on people to follow on "house rules". The game should be at least fair (i.e. no super cheese moves like this) from the start. The "just play friends" argument doesn't make sense either if you want to play in a way that Creatine does - trying to compete against the community at large.

I have no assurance that playing people that will follow that rule. I'd rather the game itself impose the rule (by making it not possible at all) instead of having to sort through people to find ones that don't use the exploit.

Just because it's a remake and it's Tecmo Bowl doesn't mean exploits should be allowed to exist as well. They added 3-D graphics to improve the game experience, why not fix the one big exploit as well.

# 30 CreatineKasey @ 03/30/10 08:36 PM
I see what both sides are saying. With the dive in, it completely eliminates half the playbook at a competitive level. It will absolutely ruin casual gamer experiences. Imagine going online into a random match and having some dude shut you out simply because he guessed your 1 shotgun play and did a NG dive to kill the rest of your plays. Not fun.

Taking away that 1 flaw makes the game far deeper and at least gives under center passes a fighting chance. I don't think you want to get beat by the NG dive online either?

# 31 NFLfan80 @ 03/30/10 10:38 PM
Did you guys see they say nothing on editing team names and uniforms?

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.