Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Ian Cummings has just posted his first of many Madden NFL 11 blogs, leading up to the release. In this blog, he talks about catch tuning, with a video from Madden NFL 10, showing catches that will be removed this year.

Quote:
"Well it’s hard to believe, but Madden NFL 11 will be here before you know it! The development team here at EA Sports Tiburon in sunny Orlando, FL has been hard at work trying to put together the best football game in history (our goal each year). We started off the season with a video blog introducing you to some of the team members, along with their whiteboards. Since then, we have been focusing on many different areas in the game from presentation to franchise to online, but this week we wanted to talk about everyone’s favorite aspect of Madden NFL – Gameplay. More specifically, catching."

FYI: Internet Explorer has issues opening the blog. Opening the link in Firefox seems to be fine.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jvaccaro @ 03/24/10 11:52 AM
haha, yes I saw this too and am looking forward to the blog

I came here hoping I might have had the wrong link... but it just looks like the title has been posted for a while before the actual info hits.

# 2 djordan @ 03/24/10 11:54 AM
"You no longer have to be afraid of trying to squeeze that Deep Out or Goalline fade inbounds, as now the receivers have much more advanced AI to get both feet in."

Man....I wish they would take the "Hold catch for agressive catch" out of the game. They should make Holding catch button for standing still to prepare for sideline catch. I don't want to have to depend on CPU luck to trigger an animation. DAMNIT!

# 3 djordan @ 03/24/10 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotsk1d
This is the 3rd thread about this
Actually this is the first thread about IAN Cummings blog.

# 4 Deli @ 03/24/10 12:01 PM
Is this going to actually be in the game this time or is it going to mysteriously not make it into the game with no explanation like last year?

# 5 lgxjames @ 03/24/10 12:05 PM
Actually really liked the blog, if it works like I envision it it'll make the game more interesting.

# 6 Pared @ 03/24/10 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deli
Is this going to actually be in the game this time or is it going to mysteriously not make it into the game with no explanation like last year?
Was this really necessary?

Stop trying to ruin threads, people.

# 7 lolfalconsbeatu @ 03/24/10 12:21 PM
seems cool, cant complain about the first blog. hopefully the infamous 'RC' is officially gone.

It definitely was more difficult to do last year....but of course ppl. mastered it...

But now all i want to hear is if we can finally get more pre snap controls on the DBs by forcing WRs inside or out,

and OL Logic...no more Nano Blitzing from a re-blitzed LB because the Dlineman are all attacking the Center and guards so the LB can come scott free though the line.

Great blog tho...EA Team definitely making good strides

# 8 splff3000 @ 03/24/10 12:23 PM
It actually sounds really good, but ( you know there's always a big but in there) where are the vids? We have vids of the wrong catches, but where are the vids of the right catches. Until I see actual vids, it's all talk, like last year. Still though, it all sounds good. I'm just waiting on that vid now.

# 9 TheWatcher @ 03/24/10 12:32 PM
Something odd is happening. I don't see anything when I click the link just a blank page that says "catch tuning". And in this thread I only see 2 posts... 1 from the OP and another from splff3000... cleaned my browser cache out... still nothing.

# 10 splff3000 @ 03/24/10 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Something odd is happening. I don't see anything when I click the link just a blank page that says "catch tuning". And in this thread I only see 2 posts... 1 from the OP and another from splff3000... cleaned my browser cache out... still nothing.
Yeah that's a little crazy. We're on page 2 already.

As for the blog, one other thing I'd like to add. I really really really hope that the receiver animation triggered takes into account awareness and route running. I really don't want to see Darius Heyward Bey make tip toe sideline catches just because it's the right situation. At least not until he can start making regular catches in real life lol.

# 11 PantherBeast_OS @ 03/24/10 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Yea the same thing is happening to me aswell. What is going on here.

# 12 SageInfinite @ 03/24/10 12:44 PM
Nice blog, as others have said though, I'll believe it when I see it.

# 13 Bootzilla @ 03/24/10 12:46 PM
Good to see this is a point of emphasis. It'll be nice to see receivers run through catches. Also, although not specifically mentioned, I really hope they do something with the over the shoulder catch. It fired far to frequently and at the wrong time. Hopefully they mo-capped more head tracking and torso turning animations as well as making the receivers and defenders go aggressively to the ball. I patiently await more positive news (o-line/d-line interaction, 3-4 defensive principles, running animations, stat engine, formation subs, the removal of Tom Hammonds.)

# 14 da bucs gm @ 03/24/10 12:47 PM
can someone post the blog plz?

For some reason some of us can't see the blog on the link.

# 15 PantherBeast_OS @ 03/24/10 12:48 PM
Went to all 3 links and all I get is the title and that is all. I delete me cache and all. But nothing is happening. Plus the first page of comments on this thread is not appearing aswell. Anyone else having this problem aswell.

# 16 sharks @ 03/24/10 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Yea the same thing is happening to me aswell. What is going on here.
Me too. I'm on a laptop so I thought my internet was acting up but I guess it's something else since I'm not the only one having trouble.

# 17 BlueNGold @ 03/24/10 12:49 PM
Very nice. I like the mention of jump balls as well.

# 18 lolfalconsbeatu @ 03/24/10 12:49 PM
maybe the i can really stretch out the defense on a fade route this year if my opponent is in man and doesn't have a safety over top?

hmmm..

# 19 splff3000 @ 03/24/10 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
Good to see this is a point of emphasis. It'll be nice to see receivers run through catches. Also, although not specifically mentioned, I really hope they do something with the over the shoulder catch. It fired far to frequently and at the wrong time. Hopefully they mo-capped more head tracking and torso turning animations as well as making the receivers and defenders go aggressively to the ball. I patiently await more positive news (o-line/d-line interaction, 3-4 defensive principles, running animations, stat engine, formation subs, the removal of Tom Hammonds.)
I don't understand why people keep asking for this. It's in the game already.

# 20 splff3000 @ 03/24/10 12:53 PM
You people having problems, try opening it up in firefox. There's something up with internet explorer. I just went out and opened it up in internet explorer and had the same issue you all have. Then I went back and opened it in firefox and it's fine again.

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.