Backbreaker News Post

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 21 SouthernBrick @ 03/24/10 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
Three developer diaries, and only three topics were covered in the game... The physics engine/tackling, customization, the camera angle. This doesn't seem odd... no mention of the rules the game will follow.... no mention that the game is set in the future... no mention of play books, o line blocking, defensive moves, controls, weather... it appears extremely suspect that these areas aren't discussed. Just my opinion.
Yeah I heard that. It does seem suspect that they don't talk about some of these things more but, I think they really have to hit home in as many vids as possible about what more casual players want to hear. We just seen some defensive moves so that explains Its self, we know rain is in the game, and they've already said this game has been set in the future before. They have been showing us plays but, haven't talked much about playbooks which I think won't be in depth IMHO anyway, nobody but hardcore guys want to hear about the blocking, and they've explained a lot about the controls.

I was impressed with the gameplay in this dev diary but, not the dev dairy Its self. I really do hope they start hitting on some different things and aspects of the game. Finally some RB's breaking out of the back field for some good gains. The D-line moves were better than I thought they looked previously.

O-line pocket is not forming very well as I expected. Loved the toss play and then the spin move off the defender after the defense snuffed it out and loved the fumble. In madden It seems like every time you fumble the ball hardly bounces away from the body and that there was no telling who was going to get that ball because, It flung out of there pretty good.

# 22 CreatineKasey @ 03/24/10 11:19 PM
Fortunately the most important animations in the game are the smoothest. I'll give them credit there.

# 23 SouthernBrick @ 03/25/10 12:19 AM
They just need to work on 2 key things with getting the O-line(bending their knees and getting lower and RB juke animation needs to be lower depending on how hard the juke is. They both need to be lower but, I don't expect it to change. It is really apparent in the tackle alley when the player jukes he is to high to be juking that hard and making defenders miss.

The next thing I want to see is a back making multiple moves. Like going from a juke to a spin move quickly. It seem like the only juke move in the game is a side step type juke which disappoints me.

# 24 p_rushing @ 03/25/10 12:24 AM
Did you see the WR getting tackled at the goalline put the ball on the ground to keep himslef from going down short of the goalline? WRs were blocking down field. They need to release more details and a demo now. Still have 2 months though.

# 25 SouthernBrick @ 03/25/10 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimixiii
It's almost like people are just saying it to troll. There's no combo buttons to pull a players helmet off to hit them with it, there's no unrealistic off-the-wall hurdles & spins over & around players. It's nothing like Blitz when you watch the gameplan. What are these people talking about? It's just becoming obnoxious.
Exactly. Obnoxious is a good word for it.

I can understand If the game looks similar to blitz in terms of the equipment and jerseys(especially the game cover) because, I would agree with that. Other than that this game PLAYS absolutely NOTHING like blitz and anyone that thinks that is just....

# 26 SouthernBrick @ 03/25/10 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZell20
I think goal line will have a whole different look and feel with this engine. Instead of having 22 individual animations bumping into each other and not meshing well, these can all blend into one animation...a "pile" if you will. Should make goal line runs and goal line D way more interesting and realistic.
I hope the RB can dive over the pile at the goal line. I haven't seen it yet but, I'm skeptical that It'll be implemented.

# 27 mKoz26 @ 03/25/10 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
Exactly. Obnoxious is a good word for it.

I can understand If the game looks similar to blitz in terms of the equipment and jerseys(especially the game cover) because, I would agree with that. Other than that this game PLAYS absolutely NOTHING like blitz and anyone that thinks that is just....
So you've played the game? Interesting. Mind sharing some details about the franchise mode, or maybe the teams?

# 28 JMD @ 03/25/10 07:30 AM
Wow, the last two videos released are quite impressive. My only concern with Backbreaker is, that it is going to be so ground breaking, I won't be able to , or want to go back to regular football games again. This is both good and bad , the good, I'll never buy Madden again, The bad, I'll miss 2k5.

# 29 spankdatazz22 @ 03/25/10 08:07 AM
Impressive video. May have to start removing the "For a first year effort" caveat.

# 30 vabeachboy19 @ 03/25/10 09:12 AM
Can someone post this video to youtube PLEASE so I can watch it on my phone. I'm at work

# 31 turftickler @ 03/25/10 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZell20
The player models is what makes everyone compare it blitz, but anyone with a brain can see that the game doesn't play anything like blitz...
I can see that. I actually like the Blitz player models better than Madden 10's, but that's me.

# 32 computerlover @ 03/25/10 09:46 AM
in the words of peter griffin.. this game is friggin sweet!! lol I believe most folks good or bad go with what they know. I see potential in this game, so much so that i believe EA will do what they always do. buy it out, and never use it. cant wait for this one! hope we can customize well.. may have to get the ps3 version because of the ease of file transfer, i dunno. I want the 360 version for xb live. guess i will have to wait and see.

# 33 DaveDQ @ 03/25/10 10:08 AM
Around the 2 minute mark the ticker says, "1st and 1" and then "2nd and 1." I wonder what that's about.

# 34 turftickler @ 03/25/10 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerlover
in the words of peter griffin.. this game is friggin sweet!! lol I believe most folks good or bad go with what they know. I see potential in this game, so much so that i believe EA will do what they always do. buy it out, and never use it. cant wait for this one! hope we can customize well.. may have to get the ps3 version because of the ease of file transfer, i dunno. I want the 360 version for xb live. guess i will have to wait and see.
Rest assured, computerlover. EA Sports can't buy this technology out. NaturalMotion has already stated the technology cannot be bought out. It's not something that can just be thrown into the game. It has to be built from the ground up with their assistance.

# 35 Hova57 @ 03/25/10 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turftickler
Rest assured, computerlover. EA Sports can't buy this technology out. NaturalMotion has already stated the technology cannot be bought out. It's not something that can just be thrown into the game. It has to be built from the ground up with their assistance.
i think the issue is people don't understand that Euphoria just controls the tackling randomness. its Morpheme and endorphin is doing the work that makes the game look and play the way it is, which both can be purchased as middleware.

# 36 Hova57 @ 03/25/10 11:40 AM
i think rules is the only thing they haven't covered . i know i saw a video where he was going over the control scheme offensively though, but on defense they covered it a little . over all they pretty much discussed every thing about the game. at this point we are approaching video mode in the marketing dept. come the middle or third week in April i think we will see a mass amount of videos for the game.

# 37 Hova57 @ 03/25/10 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killgod
Yes they can be purchased, but they don't come with a one click installer and presto chango your game now has these components.

Still need to know how to use them, to create the behavioural AI seen in the game which doesn't come with a purchase.

EA can buy the hammer, but do they know how to swing it?
yea your right i just wish people stop asking for purchase of euphoria because it won't happen . and actually each component of endorphin and morpheme has a behavioural component to it , but the three together is what makes the game what it is. and thats where NM gets you.

# 38 bigsmallwood @ 03/25/10 12:11 PM
I don't want to see anymore Dev Diary's....I want to see pure gameplay! let it rip!!!!

# 39 kjcheezhead @ 03/25/10 02:00 PM
I love this game more and more with every vid I see. It's not over the top in gameplay, but I see a wow moment in almost every clip.

I don't really get the blitz references either. I guess it's the camera and generic players, idk.

My other pet peeve is reading complaints about glowing players. First, the players only glow in arcade mode and the ball glows when it's thrown. This all has to do with the camera angle they use imo. It's the best option for an indicator from this view.

If you look at Madden and APF, they actually have more indicators on the field than BB. There is a blue/red ring around the players your controlling, a big red bullseye on the field where the ball is landing and button icons over every wr.

# 40 LionsFanNJ @ 03/25/10 02:37 PM
Until i know/see more about the AI i don't trust anything. Looks nice though. I'm just annoyed this close to release we're STILL getting blogs only about the damn physics.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.