Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Kushmir Hassan checks in over the next few weeks with 40 fixes that'd put NBA 2K11 completely over the top when it comes to gameplay. Check out his list over the coming weeks and see if you agree with all of his fixes!

Read More - 40 Fixes for NBA 2K11 (Part I)

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Gosens6 @ 03/25/10 12:13 PM
I agree with everything except shot difficulty and full court passes. Before the patches players hit EVERYTHING. Shot %'s were in the high 80's and even after the patch it's still a bit too high.

Full court passes go right over the players head and right out of bounds 90% of the time. That's just my observation though. Everything else he hit right on the head. Hopefully he has Clark Kellogg on that list somewhere, that man is beyond annoying

# 2 StormJH1 @ 03/25/10 01:06 PM
Couldn't agree more with #7, shots behind the backboard. MAJOR problem, and it's been around in 2k for as many years as I've played it. It's especially bad down in the post, since the shot stick doesn't necessarily tell the guy the proper direction to spin and shoot. It should be programmed so that guy never attempts a shot to the wrong side of the basket, no matter what control input you give.

# 3 jeebs9 @ 03/25/10 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Full court passes go right over the players head and right out of bounds 90% of the time. That's just my observation though. Everything else he hit right on the head.
I agree with full court passes going over their head for the most part.

Ok I'm a bit confused about the Deflecting passes out of bounds thing. Doesn't this happen already? If you notice the players that deflect the passes are looking at the ball. For the most part the passes that make it in are because the defender has his back turned to the ball. I have never seen a passes where the players was looking at the ball the player just stand there. If they were looking at the ball they always attempt to deflect or steal the passes. It might not be a steal. But at least they attempted. I've notice that deflection success rate is way higher. But going for steals is more of a 50/50 or 40/60.

The Ray Allen layup you show in your video. Is kind of bad.....It doesn't matter if I have 5 defender standing there. If only one jumps to attempt an contest. The other 2 stand there. And my shot isn't contested. Why should he miss right there? His hand is on the right side. And the defenders are on his left hip....

I have this small feeling he was playing the unpatched verison of the game. Because a few of the thing he mentioned I already see in the game...The full court passes and deflecting balls/defenders being aware of the ball.

# 4 rangerrick012 @ 03/25/10 01:25 PM
I still see the full court passes going for too high of a percentage. The patch helped, but it still isn't perfect. Maybe enact the bobble animation that's present for some full court passes in CH 2k8 would be a good addition. Either way it's still too easy to do a full or 3/4 court pass off of defensive rebounds.

# 5 jeebs9 @ 03/25/10 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
I still see the full court passes going for too high of a percentage. The patch helped, but it still isn't perfect. Maybe enact the bobble animation that's present for some full court passes in CH 2k8 would be a good addition. Either way it's still too easy to do a full or 3/4 court pass off of defensive rebounds.
I like the bobble animation....But I still don't see what you guys are talking about and full court passes. Is this a full court passes that should be a turnover? (The first one that K.Dooling makes)
http://community.2ksports.com/commun...ediaid=1586658

This is definitely full court pass that shouldn't be completed
http://community.2ksports.com/commun...mediaid=694959
(thats was a pre-patch video)

# 6 Gotmadskillzson @ 03/25/10 01:59 PM
Yeah ball denial and shot blocking would be great. I love to see off ball battles, especially in the post, adds to the realism.

# 7 Gosens6 @ 03/25/10 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I agree with full court passes going over their head for the most part.

Ok I'm a bit confused about the Deflecting passes out of bounds thing. Doesn't this happen already? If you notice the players that deflect the passes are looking at the ball. For the most part the passes that make it in are because the defender has his back turned to the ball. I have never seen a passes where the players was looking at the ball the player just stand there. If they were looking at the ball they always attempt to deflect or steal the passes. It might not be a steal. But at least they attempted. I've notice that deflection success rate is way higher. But going for steals is more of a 50/50 or 40/60.

The Ray Allen layup you show in your video. Is kind of bad.....It doesn't matter if I have 5 defender standing there. If only one jumps to attempt an contest. The other 2 stand there. And my shot isn't contested. Why should he miss right there? His hand is on the right side. And the defenders are on his left hip....

I have this small feeling he was playing the unpatched verison of the game. Because a few of the thing he mentioned I already see in the game...The full court passes and deflecting balls/defenders being aware of the ball.
Thats the perception I was getting when reading that. That he was playing an unpatched version. I doubt that's the case but that's just what it seemed like

# 8 rangerrick012 @ 03/25/10 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I like the bobble animation....But I still don't see what you guys are talking about and full court passes. Is this a full court passes that should be a turnover? (The first one that K.Dooling makes)
http://community.2ksports.com/commun...ediaid=1586658

This is definitely full court pass that shouldn't be completed
http://community.2ksports.com/commun...mediaid=694959
(thats was a pre-patch video)
I wouldn't say take out full court passes completely, just who is able to do it and how frequently they are able to do it. No one's going to be able to throw FC passes w/ 100% accuracy every time IRL, so the game should simulate that. Whether it's having the pass bounce ahead of the intended reciever, or the bobble animation I mentioned, something to tone down the effectiveness of the pass is needed.

I don't want to see guys w/ low pass ratings still making good long passes like that, and like I said the patch did an ok job of eliminating that. I have no problem w/ good pgs making passes like that. But the rate of the effectiveness of those passes needs to go down more, whether it's putting in a bobble animation to slow the break or something else.

There wasn't a problem w/ the Dooling pass. It's the passes that go from under one basket to the other freethrow line right on the mark that I have a problem with. And yes that 2nd play was exactly what i'm talking about.

# 9 RayAllen20 @ 03/25/10 04:24 PM
My idea for full-court passes. They should keep the occasional too-far pass that goes out of bounds but I'd like a pass that is a long lob that may bounce before the player can get to it, and a pass that is a lob that is behind so the player has to wait for it. This would make it so that sometimes the pass will go too far and make the hoop at a rough angle, or the defender could get to the pass before the offensive player. Also sometimes a player may be wide open for a dunk, but has to wait for a pass and the defense has a chance to get back.

# 10 jeebs9 @ 03/25/10 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
I wouldn't say take out full court passes completely, just who is able to do it and how frequently they are able to do it. No one's going to be able to throw FC passes w/ 100% accuracy every time IRL, so the game should simulate that. Whether it's having the pass bounce ahead of the intended reciever, or the bobble animation I mentioned, something to tone down the effectiveness of the pass is needed.

I don't want to see guys w/ low pass ratings still making good long passes like that, and like I said the patch did an ok job of eliminating that. I have no problem w/ good pgs making passes like that. But the rate of the effectiveness of those passes needs to go down more, whether it's putting in a bobble animation to slow the break or something else.

There wasn't a problem w/ the Dooling pass. It's the passes that go from under one basket to the other freethrow line right on the mark that I have a problem with. And yes that 2nd play was exactly what i'm talking about.
I agree with everything your saying.

But that second video with the super long pass from a big man. Since the patch I haven't that happen. That video was before the patch. Everytime I play a random opponent. They always throw on of those passes.....right out of bounds.

# 11 jeebs9 @ 03/25/10 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
for me full court passes go out of bound 90% of the time. Very rarely do guys complete long passes for wide open dunks. I find it rather annoying when i have a guy wide open for an easy basket and my guy throws the ball 8 feet over his head. In real life, NBA players will complete that pass. How often do you really see guys in the NBA sail the ball over a teammate's head on a long pass? Not often because these guys are pros and can complete that pass.

Also, i can't stand in the half court how often a guy throws the ball over a teammate's head. Like if you drive and want to kick it out for a open teammate to shoot the guy maybe 60% of the time sails the ball over his teammate's head.

I do agree about the shots off the side of the glass though. That one is frustrating.
Its is really cheese to see a big man with no passing skills throw passes No coach in the NBA would allow his center to throw completed at such a high rate.

Also to fix your kick out problem. The only reason kick out passes will go over players head is because the player you threw it with has a low pass rating. You usually need a passing rating over 81 or something like that.

# 12 Boilerbuzz @ 03/25/10 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokez4DAyz
Check the basketball section of this website, Its all NBA 2K! EA introduced NBA JAM in January and basically ABANDONED NBA LIVE discussion, you released some New Sneakers (lmao) {New Sneakers! LOL} and that was it, no talk about NBA LIVE since allstar weekend...one lame article about needing the dream, lol.
So WHATS WRONG WITH LIVE? How come no talk, no articles, no interested fans, nobody talking about it, BUT YOU HAVE FIXES for NBA 2K...
(sucks his teeth) (shakes his head)...40 fixes for 2k...yeah right...and Bush left the country in great shape...
Ease up man. Folks post this stuff to make the game better. No one is jumping off a cliff or calling the game trash.

# 13 qpc123 @ 03/25/10 07:34 PM
I can't wait for the follow up article 1,000,000,000 fixes for Madden 11.

# 14 wrestlinggod1 @ 03/25/10 07:42 PM
How would that be a follow up article if they are two different games?

# 15 qpc123 @ 03/25/10 07:50 PM
My point was that 40 just seems like a high and arbitrary number. Instead of coming up with 40 "problems" and saying hey fix this, why not, come up with 2-3 really really good ideas of how to fix a few things. This article just seemed to lack anything new or interesting. I could all these gripes plus more in the forums already.

# 16 BobbyColtrane @ 03/25/10 08:50 PM
Smoke4dayz u r the man lol

# 17 Eman5805 @ 03/25/10 11:13 PM
About My Player, for the love of GOD let us choose length of minutes of each game, cuz I don't wanna have to play through 12 minute quarters in summer league or training camp just to play 12 minute regular season games for realistic minutes, stats, and scores.

Also, the whole hockey style substitution stuff needs to go. I've literally be subbed in a 3:34. Subbed out at 3:21. And then subbed back in at 2:49. C'mon 2K. No team in the world subs in 50 something overall rookies in late in a close game.

# 18 videlsports @ 03/25/10 11:28 PM
I think they just need to concentrate on some exploits, fix or redo my player, and heavy focus online play. I love NBA TODAY. 2kPlease put in Online Lobbies that are ranked.

# 19 rangerrick012 @ 03/25/10 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videlsports
I think they just need to concentrate on some exploits, fix or redo my player, and heavy focus online play. I love NBA TODAY. 2kPlease put in Online Lobbies that are ranked.
Online play did suck out of the box, but has been fixed after the patch. It should be effective out of the box and all of the features should work next year, if that's what you mean. But they shouldn't focus solely on online play if it sacrifices other things (improved Association mode, MyPlayer) for offline players.

# 20 tril @ 03/26/10 12:19 AM
it really sounds like you were playing the unpatched version.
the patch addressed all these issues.
and foul trouble is fine the way it is. if your star player gets into foul trouble, do what any coach would do, put him on the bench.

if anything they need to fine tune the blocking foul. Its not called enough.

#6 shots behind teh backboard is teh only thing I agree with it. But this doesnt happen a whole lot. If you play under control, it rarely happens.

Ive played with a cousin of mine and it was happening to him alot, but his style fo play was "AND-1" style of play. I play a more fundamental style of ball.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.