Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

EA has just posted another NCAA Football 11 blog. Jean Adams, the Art Director talks about a couple of graphic improvements; the first being linear lighting.

Quote:
"Without getting too much into the art/technical details, we wanted to talk about a couple of graphic improvements; the first being linear lighting. This lighting technique allows us to more accurately control the material properties of everything that makes up the player. To put it in basic terms, we now have control over how bright or dark things get without losing detail. It also helps us get the authentic color on the uniforms.

Linear lighting also allows us to tune helmets, jerseys, and other player gear in a much more realistic way. For example; you’ll notice the skin looks more lifelike and less like plastic. Helmets and jerseys reflect the right amount of light. Colors are less saturated and react to lighting in a more realistic way. You might remember looking at previous versions of NCAA Football and feeling like things were too saturated and flat. We think we’ve addressed these issues thanks to this new level of control."

NCAA Football 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 countryboy @ 03/31/10 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOctober430
Ok, quote me in four months with an apology.

# 162 zachshapac2323 @ 04/02/10 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
yeah, it's been in since '09 I think(could have been '08 though). it's set by individual player though, not a global team setting. so you would have to edit every single player if you wanted everyone to wear a certain sock length.
actually the Iowa Hawkeyes have long socks as a team setting. One of the only schools that wears long socks, though. In order to look more like a pro team i guess

# 163 Solidice @ 04/02/10 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachshapac2323
actually the Iowa Hawkeyes have long socks as a team setting. One of the only schools that wears long socks, though. In order to look more like a pro team i guess
where do you set that? the only options for socks on a global team scale is the color, not length.

# 164 moylan1234 @ 04/02/10 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
where do you set that? the only options for socks on a global team scale is the color, not length.
I think he's talking about the real Hawkeyes not the video game version.

# 165 SageInfinite @ 04/03/10 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOctober430
Ok, quote me in four months with an apology.
That was great.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.