Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

According to Peter Moore's latest blog. During the NFL Draft, fans can influence Madden NFL 11 rookie ratings.

Quote:
"Another first for EA SPORTS during the NFL Draft will be the ability for fans to influence rookie ratings in Madden NFL 11. On draft day, ratings guru Donny Moore will post what he thinks the rookie ratings should be. Fans can then go to the Madden NFL website and enter their own ratings for each rookie. Donny will use the fan average as the player rating baseline for when training camp and pre-season begins. This is a great way for fans to become more involved in what is always one of the most hotly debated subjects each year when Madden is released."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Bellsprout @ 03/30/10 06:05 PM
Oh good. Sam Bradford's going to be a friggin 95 or something.

# 2 cletusdog @ 03/30/10 06:09 PM
it's usually a bad idea when the masses decide something because so many uneducated individuals are involved.

# 3 Bellsprout @ 03/30/10 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cletusdog
it's usually a bad idea when the masses decide something because so many uneducated individuals are involved.
*cough*ProBowl*cough*

I'm a fan, but I generally don't approve of giving fans a say in anything.

# 4 Atomic Martian @ 03/30/10 06:24 PM

# 5 lolfalconsbeatu @ 03/30/10 06:33 PM
Nothing really new except for the cover athlete being announced on Draft day. Its funny how they make it seem like the community interaction is at an all-time high lol.

I'm not bashing, I do appreciate their community involvement and realize every one of their fans (especially here at OS) are all tough customers, but I kinda wish they would go back to the involvement they had last year.

Thanks for posting though.

# 6 lolfalconsbeatu @ 03/30/10 06:39 PM
So I can tell all my Falcons buddies to come over to hype up whatever draft pick we get. I'm gonna make sure they all say 99, so the other people that give 80's and whatnot get heavily outweighed. I may even create a few screen names to get a beast on the Falcons lol.

I'm just kidding -- but I know this will happen.

# 7 Atomic Martian @ 03/30/10 06:44 PM
Yeah, but Ian took a beating here everytime he posted something so I don't blame him and his crew. As for Peter didn't really reveal anything (of course) cool to know that community involvement is still a high value to them.

# 8 ryan36 @ 03/30/10 06:46 PM
I'm ok with this, I think it's kinda cool. Lets us see how tough some of these decisions can be.

Besides, more interaction isn't a bad thing.

# 9 Atomic Martian @ 03/30/10 06:49 PM
key words here average and baseline I am sure Donny has a ceiling for each player EX SAM Bradford may have 90THP most he will let go up to is 92 or down to 88 at least thats what I would do I mean it is his job to come up with ratings what good would it do if fans had enough influence to take a guy from 82ovr to 76ovr.

# 10 LBzrule @ 03/30/10 06:52 PM
I just hope Donny doesn't make the mistake and give all guys in round 1 A potential and round 2 B potential ect. Nothing like playing online Franchise with a Ray Rice that only has B potential And a DHB that has A potential.

# 11 jclentzthadon @ 03/30/10 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cletusdog

Yeah kinda like voting in America, too many people that don't know anything...

# 12 Mr. Franchise @ 03/30/10 07:08 PM
Whoever the Jets draft, I'm voting all 99's...

# 13 PlayaHataSupreme @ 03/30/10 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I just hope Donny doesn't make the mistake and give all guys in round 1 A potential and round 2 B potential ect. Nothing like playing online Franchise with a Ray Rice that only has B potential And a DHB that has A potential.
A shade off topic, but I think it would be interesting if the potential thing worked like in NBA 2K...........

In that game, everyone has a base potential rating, but when you fire up the franchise, the potential grade will vary a bit, but will be somewhere in that general range...........

Meaning if C.J. Spiller has a 95 base potential, I could fire up a franchise, and he could have A+ potential.

You could fire up a franchise, and his potential could be a B+.

At the very least, it could provide for a tad more variation among the players on the disc in franchise mode and I think this would liven it up and make player progression less predictable............

# 14 Valdarez @ 03/30/10 07:50 PM
At least Peter Moore didn't stick his foot in his mouth again in that blog. He's been doing more harm than good of late.

# 15 da ThRONe @ 03/30/10 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Martian
Yeah, but Ian took a beating here everytime he posted something so I don't blame him and his crew. As for Peter didn't really reveal anything (of course) cool to know that community involvement is still a high value to them.
I felt like some of the post last year was completely uncalled for. But with that said he gets paid to make this game the best. If that means coming here and dealing with out-of-line over zealous poster so be it.

# 16 afro_dogg20 @ 03/30/10 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule

I hope they get rid of potential all together.

And as for fans influencing the Rookie Ratings........i'm not a fan of that.

# 17 kjcheezhead @ 03/30/10 08:27 PM
Good lord, is everything about Madden 11 gonna come across like a gimmick? Fans voting on rookies when half of them are probably kids that just like the player thier team drafted and have never even seen them play a down in real life?

# 18 lolfalconsbeatu @ 03/30/10 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
We'll see.
not gonna lie -- last years demo was off the hook. A Full Game??? IDK how they can make it more robust than that -- but like you said, we'll see...

# 19 statum71 @ 03/30/10 09:04 PM
This is a bad bad idea.

# 20 GlennN @ 03/30/10 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
*cough*ProBowl*cough*

I'm a fan, but I generally don't approve of giving fans a say in anything.
Amen, brother.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.