Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Check out the screenshot comparison of Donovan McNabb in Madden NFL 11 and Madden NFL 10. Huge upgrade? Slight upgrade? What are your thoughts?

In case you missed it, our Philip Rivers comparison is right here.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Valbon8 @ 04/05/10 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Check out the screenshot comparison of Donovan McNabb in Madden NFL 11 and Madden NFL 10. Huge upgrade? Slight upgrade? What are your thoughts?
Not to be picky, but i wish the 5 on the shoulder of the '11 screen had some different shades of red where the wrinkles are...it looks silly because there are creases with lights and darks while the 5 is just dark

# 22 Goffs @ 04/05/10 11:17 PM
lighting looks good but still pics doesnt really do a thing for me...i need to see this in motion, especially the OL/DL interaction...

# 23 Joborule @ 04/05/10 11:50 PM
The differences are pretty noticeable now. Madden 11 looks like it really done some upgrading like NCAA 11 did.

# 24 SouthernBrick @ 04/05/10 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nygmen92
Yes its a nice upgrade from Madden 10, but what is more important is the gameplay! What good is it if it looks good but plays like crap? I want to hear if the running animations have been fixed or that the gameplay has been improved, those things are higher in the priority list IMO.. EA is hyping us up again with the eye candy only to let us down in the gameplay area...
Ummm If you don't know were getting a locomotion blog this Wednesday. If you've seen/read the NCAA 11 video/blog the locomotion is night and day against NCAA 10(Worth a watch and read). It's been confirmed that Madden will have the same locomotion system as NCAA 11 and we might be getting a vid also Wednesday. I've read a lot nice things about the NCAA gameplay that we'll hopefully see in Madden.

Plus It's April so you should already know that most high priority things aren't going to be mentioned to much until later in development.

# 25 splff3000 @ 04/06/10 12:07 AM
Now I can definitely tell the difference between these 2 pics unlike the Phillip Rivers pics. I didn't have any problems with the graphics before, but this pic makes me think they will be even better this year.

# 26 denverbro89 @ 04/06/10 12:15 AM
NCAA 11 screen shots still display better graphics, this image just looks brighter and shinier than Madden 10 that had a lower contrast.

# 27 BurghFan @ 04/06/10 12:19 AM
I don't know, the screens should have been taken under identical lighting conditions rather than have the 10 pic being at night or overcast and the 11 pic being in bright sunlight. It's really hard to say what differences are real and what differences are merely an artifact of the different lighting conditions. Also, unlike real life, I don't tend to nitpick over every trivial little detail in games.

# 28 denverbro89 @ 04/06/10 12:26 AM
He looks more life like, and the jerseys look like they'll move like NBA 2K, looking at the ripples on the shoulder. Let's see the sidelines, let's see the assistant coaches the bench players, the cheerleaders, the press box, camera crews, half-time reporters, and whatnot.

# 29 Schmackity @ 04/06/10 04:30 AM
I'm tired of all these minor graphical updates for Madden games, who cares, fix the rest of your broken game.

As for McNabb, he looks a year older, that's it.

# 30 DaveDQ @ 04/06/10 07:26 AM
I think the new facial images look great. Especially with what looks to be a new lighting mechanism. I'm always there to say how Madden needs improvement in gameplay and with the dynamics of football, and I know seeing "just pics" may frustrate some. However, the game itself did improve last year. Things are changing for the better.

I'm of the mind that the game needs an entirely new engine. I thought some of the enhancements last year would prove me wrong but this current game engine has very little in the area of player momentum and situational adjustments. If they can get a handle on that, I'd be very happy with the game.

# 31 elgreazy1 @ 04/06/10 07:34 AM
The new lighting and such look like a huge upgrade but in the end it's yet another year spent polishing a nice looking terd. Seriously, when will EA address the gameplay issues?

# 32 coogrfan @ 04/06/10 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
The new lighting and such look like a huge upgrade but in the end it's yet another year spent polishing a nice looking terd. Seriously, when will EA address the gameplay issues?
Some would say that a new locomotion system (NCAA blog released yesterday, Madden blog on same topic coming this week) is addressing gameplay.

# 33 kgbrolic @ 04/06/10 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by afro_dogg20
It looks good......but I don't like McNabb in a Redskin uniform.
I think he looks magnificent in the Redskins uniform. I'm an Eagles fan.

I also think Andy Reid would look great in a Redskins uniform too. They shouldve sent him with Donny in a package deal.

# 34 Jistic @ 04/06/10 08:37 AM
I love how the '10 pic is always in a dome or dusk with bad lighting, LOL.

# 35 BezO @ 04/06/10 09:37 AM
I'd love to see how this translates to a playing view. But it looks great, as usual.

And yeah, the lighting is not consistent from '10 to '11. Reminds me of how Best Buy and them mess with the picture on the cheaper TVs to make the expensive TVs look better. I think they did the same with the Rivers shot.

# 36 Rashad19 @ 04/06/10 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I'd love to see how this translates to a playing view. But it looks great, as usual.

And yeah, the lighting is not consistent from '10 to '11. Reminds me of how Best Buy and them mess with the picture on the cheaper TVs to make the expensive TVs look better. I think they did the same with the Rivers shot.
I agree Bezo..I don't remember Madden 10 looking that dull. I need to go back and look at the Madden 10 pics they highlighted last year to make sure.

# 37 RogueHominid @ 04/06/10 10:26 AM
Lighting and jersey textures remind me of the kinds of improvements in that regard made by The Show this y ear.

# 38 Goffs @ 04/06/10 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piderman
I cant beleive they actually improved the graphics...Great Job!
graphics looks the same...the only real big improvement is the awesome lighting

i love how the shadows look now

# 39 BurghFan @ 04/06/10 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Who cares about this? Really...

Franchise Mode is in need of MAJOR improvements and we are worrying about shadows on the faces of QBs?!

How often IN GAME do you EVER see the QBs face, let alone the shadows...?
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Exactly. They keep adding all thes so-called improvements and gimmicks trying to make a game that "looks good" but what we really want is a game that "plays good".

# 40 ANDROMADA 1 @ 04/06/10 02:20 PM
nice upgrade.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.