Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

EA Sports has just posted another NCAA Football 11 blog. This one covers locomotion, which includes some new screenshots and video.

******** src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?height=309&embedCode=JudThiMToZtgKBnQQBvayelXL2zQZ5zm&width=550&deepLinkEmbedCode=JudThiMToZtgKBnQQBvayelXL2zQZ5zm">

Quote:
"One of the first areas we concentrated on for NCAA Football 11 was to create more realistic player acceleration. In previous versions, there wasn't a noticeable difference between players with a high acceleration rating versus players with a lower one, as speed was the only thing that seemed to matter. For the first time in NCAA Football 11, acceleration will be a huge factor into how quickly a player can reach their top speed. This new acceleration will also help differentiate the styles of players across the various positions on the field. For example, a "Possession" type receiver may have a high acceleration rating but not have that breakaway speed that a "Speed" receiver possesses in the open field. However, this possession receiver will have the ability to get in and out of his cuts, and back to full speed on his routes quicker. Another area where acceleration is a big factor is differentiating speed type rushers versus the more conventional run-stopping defensive lineman. Defensive ends that have a high acceleration rating will be able to get off the ball and to the quarterback quicker, due to their top end speed. The bigger interior type defensive lineman will have a harder time trying to speed rush, as it will take them longer to accelerate to top speed."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 LionsFanNJ @ 04/05/10 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
[sarcasm] = last post. This is awesome . Although I was hoping to catch a glimpse of some dreads haha.
lol you and me both. bruh. Eying that video HARD for some dreads while admiring the mocap and in game movement.

# 42 Pokes404 @ 04/05/10 08:57 PM
Finally got to see the video. It looks very good ... so far. All we saw were a few quick clips and the locomotion was focused mostly on the ball carrier. I'll wait until I see some gameplay videos where we can see how all 22 guys on the field move; however, I really like what did see. The Kendall Hunter (Ok State) break away run looked so much better. Nobody runs with knees so high that the upper part of their leg is parallel to the ground. Very, very encouraging. All of the subtle leaning and foot planting looked very natural. It'll be so nice to have every player on the field actually have to slow down when they change direction.

Also, is it my imagination or did they fix the spin move? A spin move is not used like a juke. It's a move you use when you DO get hit, not to AVOID getting hit. The only time a spin is used without getting hit is behind the line or with a blocker in front as a way to change direction (and that's usually pretty rare). Otherwise, ball carriers use the spin as a way to keep tacklers from getting a good grip on them, or turn a big hit into a glancing blow. The point is that there's almost always some kind of contact during a spin move (even if it's with another offensive player). Most of the spins in the video were used to break a tackle, not break a defender's ankles in the open field. Probably too early to know this for sure, but it is encouraging.

Now if we can get some realistic ball physics in the passing game and improved blocking AI, we'll be in business.

# 43 da ThRONe @ 04/05/10 09:01 PM
I might pass out the first time I see the ball carrier put his hand on the blockers back!

# 44 Lava @ 04/05/10 09:02 PM
Here's the video for someone who was asking earlier. It says NCAA 10, but it is the right video for '11 from the blog.

# 45 jclentzthadon @ 04/05/10 09:04 PM
Cannot wait to hear more about this locomotion stuff from community day people that actually played the game. Awesome stuff.

# 46 da ThRONe @ 04/05/10 09:05 PM
Another thing I like the reaching the defenders are doing this year. Makes the game seem more organic.

# 47 Valdarez @ 04/05/10 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColts2
if it helps the vid looks amazing!! running is smooth and very realistic.
I'll believe that when I see it on a console myself. There's been a problem rendering animations properly on the consoles this entire generation of consoles and I would be very surprised (though happily) if they solved the problem this release.

# 48 Valdarez @ 04/05/10 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clivo1050
If they can fix the passing trajectory/ physics, we might have a solid game.
Then you'd still have to contend with improper defensive play due to DB's making unrealistic plays on the ball. Not sure about NCAA, but in Madden the DB's begin breaking on the ball as the QB's arm begins it's backward motion... How does something like that ever make it past QA? Or a developer?

# 49 coogrfan @ 04/05/10 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
Are guys serious? It's just a video blog on gameplay/momentum/locomotion? wow Yaaay I'll hold on to my pre-order until I know they have players w/ dreads in the game. You guys need to calm down and stop drinking the Kool-aid this happens every year!!
If this is sarcasm, bravo. If it isn't...

# 50 Valdarez @ 04/05/10 09:13 PM
The one thing I noticed from the vid, that I haven't seen anyone else call out, is it looks like they have solved the problem pinning the footplant to the field, as well as creating a proper separation between bodies on tackles so the bodies do not warp through the field or appear to float above it.

# 51 cwilson250733 @ 04/05/10 09:16 PM
Every thing looks great cant wait too play. But, the only thing i seen wrong is the fact that Arkansas facemask are white not black its in all the pictures against Michigan looks really odd hope they fix that one!!!

# 52 countryboy @ 04/05/10 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
If this is sarcasm, bravo. If it isn't...
it was..he says so a couple of posts down.

# 53 NoDakHusker @ 04/05/10 10:20 PM
wow...looks like EA is trying to actually focus on necessary changes this year. I'm excited for the final product. So far everything looks and sounds good...it's just a matter of if it PLAYS good.

# 54 ch46647 @ 04/05/10 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
The one thing I noticed from the vid, that I haven't seen anyone else call out, is it looks like they have solved the problem pinning the footplant to the field, as well as creating a proper separation between bodies on tackles so the bodies do not warp through the field or appear to float above it.
This is what the locomotion engine is supposed to do. In the past Madden hasnt had ANY kind of real locomotion system so the result was gliding around, morphing etc. I dont know if you have ever played FIFA but they have a great locomotion system, and ever since it was introduced FIFA has not suffered from the problems you mentioned above.

# 55 Maximus205 @ 04/05/10 10:40 PM
Could players slipping when trying to turn on a dime at full speed be back? Lets Hope. The 2x4 tackle is still in. Uck!! And Arent we supposed to get some old school jerseys this year?
edit: The thread for the later
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...aa-2011-a.html

# 56 shad_moss93 @ 04/05/10 11:07 PM
Wow, I can't wait for the Demo.

# 57 GoToledo @ 04/05/10 11:21 PM
Looking great!

If that is what the actual game looks like in motion than I will be very impressed. Can't wait to see more.

# 58 da ThRONe @ 04/05/10 11:40 PM
I am a little concerned about the "slipping on the miss tackle" animation. I saw it a few too many times in less than 1min.

# 59 Valdarez @ 04/05/10 11:43 PM
Notice the shoulder movement in the new NCAA 11 running animation. That's something APF2K8 had right, and I tried to point out in the Running Animations thread in the Madden forums.

# 60 Solidice @ 04/05/10 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I am a little concern about the "slipping on the miss tackle" animation. I saw it a few too many times in less than 1min.
I saw that too, hopefully it's not a return/replacement of the "greased pig" from '09.

a few were the exact same play from different replay angles though.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.