Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

EA Sports has just posted another NCAA Football 11 blog. This one covers locomotion, which includes some new screenshots and video.

******** src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?height=309&embedCode=JudThiMToZtgKBnQQBvayelXL2zQZ5zm&width=550&deepLinkEmbedCode=JudThiMToZtgKBnQQBvayelXL2zQZ5zm">

Quote:
"One of the first areas we concentrated on for NCAA Football 11 was to create more realistic player acceleration. In previous versions, there wasn't a noticeable difference between players with a high acceleration rating versus players with a lower one, as speed was the only thing that seemed to matter. For the first time in NCAA Football 11, acceleration will be a huge factor into how quickly a player can reach their top speed. This new acceleration will also help differentiate the styles of players across the various positions on the field. For example, a "Possession" type receiver may have a high acceleration rating but not have that breakaway speed that a "Speed" receiver possesses in the open field. However, this possession receiver will have the ability to get in and out of his cuts, and back to full speed on his routes quicker. Another area where acceleration is a big factor is differentiating speed type rushers versus the more conventional run-stopping defensive lineman. Defensive ends that have a high acceleration rating will be able to get off the ball and to the quarterback quicker, due to their top end speed. The bigger interior type defensive lineman will have a harder time trying to speed rush, as it will take them longer to accelerate to top speed."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 moylan1234 @ 04/06/10 10:11 PM
I agree new facemasks are badly needed, but let's not stop there. How many years have we had the same shoelaces and belts for? And don't even get me started on chinstraps!

# 122 lesco543 @ 04/06/10 10:24 PM
THIS IS GREAT! i think u guys r really making some important changes and modifications. the only thing i'd say is that in that short clip of the comparison between last years game and 11, first of all the running is so much more improved, however i get the sense that it is yet not at that level of running that these athletes are. From personal experience, these guys (especially skills positions) they reach such a speed that they began to run on their toes and their knees snap forward on each stride covering a lot of yards. It'd be really cool if we could sense the forward acceleration and be able to see when a guy has reached his terminal velocity or something, making it harder to control turns and cuts, as would happen in reality. THANKS! looks GREAT!
PS( lol im still waiting it out for the shorter pants, kneepads directly literally over the knee are not in style anymore in the football world)!!

# 123 NikB13 @ 04/06/10 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
I mean who in college football actually wears the LT facemask?
Nobody lol

# 124 KANE699 @ 04/07/10 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
do i sense a little sarcasm there haha and you left out mouthpieces haha

but i do agree with the guy that said they add some facemasks that guys never wear and leave out some pretty popular facemasks. I mean who in college football actually wears the LT facemask?

No one, but there are plenty of facemasks in NCAA that the players don't wear, its a shame I know but something we have to live with.

For now

# 125 Maximus205 @ 04/07/10 01:29 AM
Adding a slider for slipping would satisfy everyone also.

# 126 Hiro1 @ 04/07/10 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by longshanks
lol there aren't dreads in the pic though
I meant if they add dread my equipment/ hair tirade will be over!!

# 127 Gotmadskillzson @ 04/07/10 03:05 AM
Looks awesome !

# 128 Tengo Juego @ 04/07/10 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
No one, but there are plenty of facemasks in NCAA that the players don't wear, its a shame I know but something we have to live with.

For now
Right. A lot of these facemasks could be dropped.

Also some inconsistencies in the facemasks that bug me, and I hope can maybe be fixed at this point.

Spoiler

Hopefully, MAYBE, something can be done to remedy these problems at this point in development. A number of changes could be made to the facemasks and helmets. Including some more additions. But I'm glad the equipment continues to get the attention that it does.

# 129 Valdarez @ 04/07/10 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
I agree Valdarez, but I find it hard to believe a phony would take the time/effort to make that .gif of correct Arkansas facemasks.
Good call, somehow I completely missed the .gif. -1 to observation skillz for Valdarez.

# 130 Valdarez @ 04/07/10 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tick32
Agreed, because pro-tak on Madden was a big let down.Looked like a good idea, but didnt turn out the way we expected
I'm a huge Madden critique, but I wouldn't say it was a big let down. With the right sliders you could get it to work correctly where HB's don't shed 5 tacklers. The problem is they don't balance their own game. IMHO that's the big let down, not ProTak itself. Don't get me wrong, ProTak needs some work, primarily with dynamic shedding of tacklers so they aren't always working towards one big pile up of players.

I was disappointed to learn that the the locomotion doesn't affect the tackles at all. With the hand on back, I thought there might be new transition animations to tackles, and hopefully 2 man, 3 man tackles now, instead of single man tackles or the ProTak animation.

# 131 HarkTheSound @ 04/07/10 09:09 AM
Those facemasks look beast...are those all that's going to be in the game? Not to complain, but I know the revo speed have many different types of facemasks.

# 132 bpac55 @ 04/07/10 11:02 AM
KANE...u say "for now" about the facemasks..without giving it away can u at least say things still could change for NCAA 11...or do u mean they will be changed for later years and what u see is what u get. I know a lot of us would like to see more of the DNA masks like the Oregon player has and more of the revo speed masks.

# 133 dvc23 @ 04/07/10 11:58 AM
WOW i cnt stp lookin at this video... for the ppl who think that there aren't any changes to the running animations needa look agen.

# 134 stoncold32 @ 04/07/10 12:14 PM
I just hope that not every one wears grey sleeves in the game....again. So far, that's all I'm seeing for the undershirts

# 135 Solidice @ 04/07/10 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I just hope that not every one wears grey sleeves in the game....again. So far, that's all I'm seeing for the undershirts

the ones in the locomotion video were white to me. also, it looked like one of the UF players had an orange one.

# 136 TracerBullet @ 04/07/10 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
the ones in the locomotion video were white to me. also, it looked like one of the UF players had an orange one.
Yep the guy on UM who misses the tackle at 1:17 shows that it is white. It looks gray at first but that's do to the angle the sun is hitting it, but when he puts his arm on the ground it's white and there is no shadow making it look gray.

# 137 Brandwin @ 04/07/10 04:14 PM
Just watched the video.. I am hyped.

We're about three months away!

# 138 SmoovieKing @ 04/07/10 04:24 PM
EA could u guys please! please! please! add these helmets into the game before your production is done. Lots of players wear these and i don't just want to choose a Revo Speed as the only new helmet
ION SCHUTT 4D

SCHUTT AIR XP

# 139 Skyboxer @ 04/07/10 05:41 PM
Liked everything except the one 90mph tackle (Runner slammed on his back)

# 140 sportzbro @ 04/07/10 06:14 PM
Finally fixed the running animations, and the rest is looking very good. Hope they can decrease the size of the ball & make it float like an actual football. Now we just need presentation/atmosphere and upgraded dynasty and it will be a first day purchase.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.