Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

According to Ian's Twitter feed, we should see another Madden NFL 11 blog on Wednesday. Which will include how Madden will use the recently announced locomotion from NCAA Football 11, in their game.

Quote:
"New NCAA FB 11 gameplay/locomotion blog (http://bit.ly/akQd5H & http://bit.ly/9zkdoe) <-- Woo! 'How Madden uses it' blog coming Wednesday "

*UPDATE:

My question...
@ian_cummings OK, how about this one Ian. Will Wednesday's blog contain a video? The NCAA video blog was great, talked about and showed it.

Ian's response...
@Steve_OS plan was to do a more dev-centric blog more like the M10 blogs, not a slick 'produced' one. Might have to change now.

Madden NFL 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 roadman @ 04/06/10 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Or a matter of seeing what they want you to see.
You could be completely right and you could be completely wrong.

# 42 lgxjames @ 04/06/10 01:20 PM
Lets just say im interesting in the line "how madden will use this" (unquoted quote)

# 43 cowboy_kmoney @ 04/06/10 01:30 PM
Cant wait for the news..

# 44 splff3000 @ 04/06/10 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
It's different I guess, I just didn't feel like I saw a drastic change that would really impact gameplay at all. Also, as people have shown in thread, this is a similar video to what they did for Madden 09.

Just like the sideline/catch fixes I'm getting rehashed promises and they are showing these fixes with a heavily edited video just like the ones they used for Madden 10
Oh I agree. That's why I said I wanna see it in game.

# 45 NoTiCe_O @ 04/06/10 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Outstanding!!!!!!!!

Everybody's doin' a brand new dance, now
Come on, baby, do the Loco-Motion
I know you'll get to like it if you give it a chance, now
My little baby sister can do it with ease
It's easier to learn than your ABC's
So come on, come on, and do the Loco-Motion with me

You got to swing your hips now
Come on, jump up, jump back
Oh, babe, I think you got the knack, whoa whoa

Now that you can do it, well let's make a chain now
A chugga-chugga motion like a railroad train now
Do it nice and easy, now, and don't lose control
A little bit of rhythm and a lot of soul
Well, come on, come on, and do the Loco-Motion with me

# 46 MattIntellect @ 04/06/10 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimixiii
Yeah, there's really not a lot to get excited about imo, they announced changes in Madden 09 with Locomotion & even put together a comparison vid from the previous year yet the game still didn't have a good feel to it. Now they're recycling that same method.

We really won't know if Locomotion actually is implemented right until we play it due to Madden's marketing practices, unfortunately I've lost a lot of trust in anything they say or show. Especially with this "Hey, we're doing Locomotion too this year like NCAA" when it's really something they've had all along...again, misleading.
I think the fact that one of the NCAA developers mentioned that the players used to run unnatural and twitchy should give you an indication that they get the picture, and maybe this time around, they'll finally get it right. Also, Ian said last year that new and improved locomotion would be worked on this year (Madden 11), because it was decided that Pro-Tak would be introduced last year (Madden 10). Like mentioned in this thread, locomotion is in every sports game. The new locomotion that Simon Sherr revealed for Madden 09 did improve the movements from Madden 08 to Madden 09, but I think there are much more significant changes this time around. That NCAA blog was one of the best blogs that I've ever read from an EA Sports Football game and I'm looking forward to Madden's even more.

# 47 roadman @ 04/06/10 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimixiii
Yeah, there's really not a lot to get excited about imo, they announced changes in Madden 09 with Locomotion & even put together a comparison vid from the previous year yet the game still didn't have a good feel to it. Now they're recycling that same method.

We really won't know if Locomotion actually is implemented right until we play it due to Madden's marketing practices, unfortunately I've lost a lot of trust in anything they say or show. Especially with this "Hey, we're doing Locomotion too this year like NCAA" when it's really something they've had all along...again, misleading.
Honestly, that comparison vid is nothing between 09 and 08. Al Harris is running straight up and down in the 09 vid. There should be a noticeable hopefully this time around.

# 48 Step2001 @ 04/06/10 07:33 PM
Get Josh Looman on here to talk about the additions and improvements to Franchise mode.

That's the game seller for me........

# 49 denverbro89 @ 04/06/10 08:47 PM
This is a great move forward, I'm hoping they improve run blocking so I don't have to put it on 90 just to get semi realistic football

# 50 jclentzthadon @ 04/06/10 09:05 PM
There is a guy on the NCAA board that was at community day discussing his impressions of the locomotion and it sounded very promising.

That being said, the people in this thread that are still up in the air with it or just refuse to admit did look good, it's YOUR speculation. I'll roll with the guy that actually played the game and saw how it played...

# 51 SaintsNATION32 @ 04/06/10 09:47 PM
at :40 & :41 HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!!! in run animation between NCAA 10 & 11 i like !

# 52 SaintsNATION32 @ 04/06/10 09:49 PM
i skipped ncaa last year and year before it looks like i will finally buy it again.

# 53 djordan @ 04/07/10 10:21 AM
LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!..Today is thee day!

# 54 CardsFan52 @ 04/07/10 10:27 AM
What time are blogs usually posted???

# 55 djordan @ 04/07/10 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardsFan52
What time are blogs usually posted???
Around 5:00 est

# 56 cowboy_kmoney @ 04/07/10 11:44 AM
Cant wait anymore Ian Im going krazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....

# 57 dvc23 @ 04/07/10 11:54 AM
does anybdy know around what time the blog will be released? i feel like this might be a mojor step towards fixing the gamplay. HOPEFULLY IT IS BECAUSE

# 58 dvc23 @ 04/07/10 12:00 PM
cowboy_kmoney .. i feel ya pain

# 59 bxgoods @ 04/07/10 12:02 PM
where is it?

# 60 dvc23 @ 04/07/10 12:05 PM
i think i saw sumbdy say that blogs are usually released round 5

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.