Home
2010 FIFA World Cup News Post

The 2010 FIFA World Cup demo is available now, weighing in at 913 MB. Please post your impressions here.

Game: 2010 FIFA World CupReader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 13 - View All
2010 FIFA World Cup Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ExtremeGamer @ 04/08/10 09:57 AM
I just played it,the last real soccer game I put time into was the 2006 World Cup game. Graphics looked great, but the announcers sound like they are announcing the game over a CB radio or something. Just sounded weird.

The menu for choosing your team was awful, took me 5 minutes just to figure out that you can only use Italy and Spain. Next time EA, how about having only those 2 teams available instead of 190 locked teams. And why wouldn't the United States be usable? Seemed odd to me. But what do I know.

It was fun though, will probably pick it up when it's cheaper.

# 2 Qb @ 04/08/10 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
The menu for choosing your team was awful, took me 5 minutes just to figure out that you can only use Italy and Spain. Next time EA, how about having only those 2 teams available instead of 190 locked teams. And why wouldn't the United States be usable? Seemed odd to me. But what do I know.
Looking forward to this, as it's a good three month or so football fix. As for it being Italy and Spain, Italy won the last World Cup and Spain won Euro 2008. More appeal to the world audience, as the US is a sliver of FIFA sales in the big picture. I can imagine the menu being cumbersome if it's the globe thing shown in the videos. But I think it's cool... free geography lessons for the kiddies!

# 3 TreyIM2 @ 04/08/10 01:28 PM
While not a soccer fan, I ironically had played the Fifa 10 demo, again, last night, prior to reading, last night, that THIS demo would be avail, today. I must say, once I learned how to defend and control the players more, "Fifa is DOPE!"
I haven't owned a Fifa since my Genesis days and even the one I owned, someone gave it to me, brand new for free. I dug it back then but times have changed.

So, I downloaded this new World Cup demo today and played about 11 games straight. I think I may be addicted. I can't do an adequate comparison to previous Fifas, on any level, but what I do know is that I may be purchasing this game in the near future. I am mcluvin this demo. The animations, the controls, the fun factor is enormous and once I dig into the nuances of the game, it will become even more so.

# 4 soxnut1018 @ 04/08/10 01:56 PM
Is it available for PS3 because I cannot find it.

# 5 Whitesox @ 04/08/10 01:59 PM
Anyone know if there are penalties after a draw?

It was like that in the FIFA 10 demo, and I want to try the new system.

# 6 clivo1050 @ 04/08/10 03:17 PM
compared to fifa 10, world cup seems much more fluid. The game speed seems faster but more realistic. The graphics have been much improved and the pitch seems slightly larger. It still seems pretty easy to chip the keeper. The camera angles on cutaways are nice and the presentation got a much-needed upgrade.

There are no penalty kicks if you end in a draw. I wanted to try out the new penalty mechanics but with no luck.

i wasn't going to purchase, but i'm really liking the upgrades.

# 7 veritas1 @ 04/08/10 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox
Anyone know if there are penalties after a draw?

It was like that in the FIFA 10 demo, and I want to try the new system.
Just played it for about 2hrs straight. Early impressions are very good, the improvements over FIFA 10 are minor but excellent. Really enjoyed it.

Dissapointed that you can't do the new penalties though! game just finishes as a draw.

# 8 alexgamez122 @ 04/08/10 03:46 PM
Is it on the PSN, because I cannot find it

# 9 TreyIM2 @ 04/08/10 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soxnut1018
Is it available for PS3 because I cannot find it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgamez122
Is it on the PSN, because I cannot find it
I'm in the US but I also have a EU account so I got it off that PSN Store this morning. It probably won't hit the US PSN Store til later tonite, like usual.

# 10 TreyIM2 @ 04/08/10 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clivo1050
compared to fifa 10, world cup seems much more fluid. The game speed seems faster but more realistic. The graphics have been much improved and the pitch seems slightly larger. It still seems pretty easy to chip the keeper. The camera angles on cutaways are nice and the presentation got a much-needed upgrade.

There are no penalty kicks if you end in a draw. I wanted to try out the new penalty mechanics but with no luck.

i wasn't going to purchase, but i'm really liking the upgrades.
I didn't want to speak on the presentation comparisons because I have only played the Fifa 10 demo but, yup, there seems to be better presentation based on the World Cup version with cutscenes of the coaches and the ticker tape actually falling from the ceiling at the beginning AND staying on the pitch edges. I like that.

# 11 Whitesox @ 04/08/10 04:16 PM
Yeah guys, it's really easy to make a euro account, I would do that. USA PSN doesn't update until around 7 EST I think.

You can google how to do it, or I could explain it if you want.

# 12 PeruvianPlaya954 @ 04/08/10 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox
Yeah guys, it's really easy to make a euro account, I would do that. USA PSN doesn't update until around 7 EST I think.

You can google how to do it, or I could explain it if you want.
I made one long ago. I used the address of Wembley Field. :P

Early impressions are that there are minor changes which add to the realism of the game. Like trapping a ball in the direction you want to go in. Also, seeing life-like coaches is incredible. I'll keep at it on my PS3 and will post more later.

# 13 BrianFifaFan @ 04/08/10 05:53 PM
Can someone let me know if Be a pro cam is in this game? Normally they don't put it in the Euro and WC games. If it isn't , it's a definite pass. Thanks, Brian

# 14 clivo1050 @ 04/08/10 06:10 PM
I was lucky to draw a penalty shot against the CPU. I missed it badly, but this is a good sign. I hope you can practice them in the arena in the full version.

# 15 Moses Shuttlesworth @ 04/08/10 06:36 PM
Downloading for PS3 now. Can't wait.

Anyone who has it for both 360 and PS3, care to post the differences?

# 16 instantpop @ 04/08/10 08:06 PM
I really wish EA would get the replays to look decent. All the presentation, confetti, crowd scenes, etc. all seem pointless since they run at such a poor frame rate. This was on the PS3. Is the presentation this choppy on the 360? Rest of it's killer though. The game just feels better. (played on Slow).

# 17 ChubbyBanana @ 04/08/10 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
DL'ing now. Despite all the soccer in my background, I never really was much of a FIFA player... I ALWAYS buy the World Cup editions though. Nothing better that this tourny every four years; gotta love it.

I'll play it after I work out here... hopefully I like it, lol.
Gonna DL the PS3 Demo when I get home. Played a bit of the 360 version before work. Lost to Spain 3-1.

Going to play PS3 verion to see any differences.

# 18 clivo1050 @ 04/08/10 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Yup you can even import your FIFA 10 player. It's called "Captain Your Country" here.
There's also a Story of Qualifying mode to replay games.

+ Presentation is nice.
+ Great animation.
+ Great atomsphere.

- Everything feels too loose.
- Too fast on default. It's better on slow but still a bit too fast I think. Between that and the loose feeling it's more like hockey playing on default.
- Commentary sounds really,really bad like it's over an old radio,as already mentioned.
- Slowdown on replays. (PS3 version)

? Who's supposed to clean up the confetti? Is it going to be on the field for the whole game in the real one?
? Bad refs maybe. I'm not entirely up on soccer rules so not sure.
I think the looseness and the speed make it feel much more like PES.

# 19 Moses Shuttlesworth @ 04/08/10 10:14 PM
This game is off the hook. I can immediately see upgrades from FIFA. Graphics are beautiful and the game just flows smoother.

# 20 Mo @ 04/09/10 12:02 AM

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.