Home
2010 FIFA World Cup News Post

The 2010 FIFA World Cup demo is available now, weighing in at 913 MB. Please post your impressions here.

Game: 2010 FIFA World CupReader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 13 - View All
2010 FIFA World Cup Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Whitesox @ 04/09/10 07:11 PM
I'm going to go the optimist route and hope that the 2 minute halves are messing with the AI a little.

Still a ton of fun, though.

# 42 phillyfan23 @ 04/09/10 07:52 PM
I mentioned about the dynamic AI in this demo...well fabio grosso a left back scored a tap in goal after a beautiful cross by de rossi after he dribbled past a defender just outside the box on the right flank.

This is great....the defensive midfielder created the opportunity by dribbling and a cross, and a LEFT BACK scored.

good improvement from years past where most of the attack is set up by forwards and AMs and scored by them too.

This is on World Class , Slow speed by the way.

# 43 spit_bubble @ 04/09/10 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hustlin
...Gameplay wise, it may not be "real" soccer, but I think it's as close to the real thing that I've ever played...

Realistic animations and controls maybe... But that's about it.

FIFA's route one football is garbage. It's just back and forth, back and forth...

It's almost as boring as the route negative one in PES 2010 (all the back passing by the computer ).

I wish PES or FIFA would get it right one of these days.

# 44 Bighoff @ 04/09/10 09:04 PM
Played the PS3 demo, I loved it. Totally picking it up, IMO the movement with the player that has the ball is much more cleaned up and your teams AI seems to play smarter when you looking to find the guy in the open for a pass opportunity. Again I'm not as critical as other people but after putting a good hour or so into the demo, I liked it a lot, now I just can't wait to use Portugal, Germany, and, USA.

# 45 phillyfan23 @ 04/10/10 01:56 AM
again with the better player movement.....

just played 7 straight games where I scored 3 goals to the CPU's 2 on world class level, slow speed.

i was italy

my 3 goals were scored by : De Rossi ( a shot outside of the box set up by Pirlo as he drew 2 defenders to him)

Iaquinta after a counterattack had a clear shot on the goalie

Pirlo, a rebound garbage goal after De Rossi's volley was saved.

THe CPU's 2 goals were scored by Xavi and Alonso....

Xavi's goal was set up by great buildup play by the CPU and Alonso goal was from outside the box .

4 out of the 5 goals scored were by Central and Defensive midfielders. This was unheard of in past fifa games. The cpu ai and user AI player movement is much improved to make these goals possible. I really paid attention to this as this was a gamekiller for me in past years when all the goals were basically scored by Forwards and AMs. There were also numerous chances by the cpu defenders, headers , etc. Ramos had a volley that hit the post, Pirlo headed a shot that was just saved by Casillas and Grosso scored agasint me earlier too . Also, the CPU wingbacks went forward to provide crosses. Something I rarely saw in years past.

No one has noticed this I guess because there weren't too many complaints of this last year as well, but the player movement is definitely improved.

I can say with a straight face that I've had more fun with this demo than any other PESs, and I am a huge huge PES guy.

The only thing that made PES better in my eyes in past years was the better player movement for user and cpu, but this fifa demo has got it beat.

can't wait to get the retail version.

# 46 dickey1331 @ 04/10/10 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blublub
Meh. Ah yes the EA FIFA cash machine that is their WC editions. I'd be very leery, as all of the World Cup editions have sucked pretty hard since WC 98. Don't fall for the confetti!!!

Holy Jeezus, did anyone else have stuttering with the match intro and horrible slowdown with replays on the PS3 version? Utterly pathetic if they feel this is acceptable in the final release...

I see very little improvement over FIFA 10. But then again it's awfully hard to tell with the two minute match halves they give you in the demo.
World Cup 06 was prob the greatest soccer game I have ever played. As for the game I cannot wait till it comes out. It will get a lot of play time this spring/summer.

# 47 phillyfan23 @ 04/10/10 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miget33
One thing I did not like is those automatic free kick goals are still in. Meaning if you commit a foul anywhere near the box, it's gonna be a goal nearly every time.
agree with this.....4 free kicks given up and 4 free kick goals by Pirlo. Yes Pirlo is a world class free kick taker, but 4 out 4 ? don't think so.

I'm not too familiar with the fifa ratings, but there is a free kick rating for players that can be edited right? If there is, we can subtract 30 points for all the teams FK takers and see if it helps. 199 players edited I guess......won't be too bad if it gives positive results.

# 48 marcoyk @ 04/10/10 11:21 AM
I was very impressed with the graphics, especially the coaches. Overall the presentation was very nice. I only played two or three games so I can't say a ton about gameplay, but I definitely liked it. Seemed more fluid than FIFA 10. I'll be buying this.

# 49 Moses Shuttlesworth @ 04/10/10 01:11 PM
Wait a min, there's manual chest control? How do you do this?

# 50 JBucc @ 04/10/10 07:05 PM
I was thrilled when this went in. I don't play that much soccer games and i don't think I've ever made one from this far out.

# 51 Moses Shuttlesworth @ 04/10/10 08:39 PM
JBucc, that goal was freakin phenomenal. What difficulty?

# 52 Blublub @ 04/10/10 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhurst99
Can't say I saw the slowdowns on my PS3 demo.
Hmmm, watch the opening intro all the way through - about a minute in it stutters something terrible like it is about to crash (for me at least).

# 53 instantpop @ 04/10/10 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blublub
Hmmm, watch the opening intro all the way through - about a minute in it stutters something terrible like it is about to crash (for me at least).
Yep. Any time the camera is supposed to be panning slowly, it stutters all over the place. Been doing this on all next-gen FIFA games on the PS3. Stinks.

# 54 Moses Shuttlesworth @ 04/11/10 12:10 AM
I've been playing FIFA on PS3 since 08 and haven't noticed or payed any attention to this stuttering you guys are talking about. And I've played well over 2000 matches.

# 55 JBucc @ 04/11/10 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Shuttlesworth
JBucc, that goal was freakin phenomenal. What difficulty?
World Class

# 56 PeruvianPlaya954 @ 04/11/10 01:15 AM
Played my brother and we intentionally surrendered three PKs each so we could catch a glimpse of the new PK system. I must say it is as fun as it is challenging. I'm sure with more practice it will get easier, but I made one of three. I had one go over as Pirlo slipped like John Terry in the Champions League finals a couple years back, one go REAL wide and one go in. It was fun. Taking penalties won't be just about luck anymore.

Nice addition, EA.

# 57 mikko1995 @ 04/11/10 06:52 AM
I played it last night and it's great.

# 58 cinders @ 04/11/10 12:31 PM
Played my first match as Spain and got destroyed by Italy, wow, it's been a while since I've played a soccer game! Last one I bought was World Cup 06 but this edition seems to play much smoother. Really love the presentation. The menu system in Fifa/WC series has always shined in my opinion and this one is no different - really like the art style.

# 59 rckabillyRaider @ 04/11/10 02:48 PM
stuttering on ps3 is only noticeable on cut scenes. Gameplay is fine and the speed actually isn't that bad either. I'm loving that the CPU is getting booked on a consistent basis. The CPU has been booked for a straight red card twice already and I got one PK that I missed badly. The shots feel like they have much more "oomph" behind them, which was one of my complaints on past FIFAs. The atmosphere is great and the commentary has more excitement behind it as well. Day one purchase for me.

I wonder if the full game will have alternate language commentary packs available. I love the Mexican commentary. They are very exciting and funny as well.

# 60 str8artist @ 04/11/10 03:11 PM
Loved the demo...Physics and graphics are on point.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.